NEEL KAMAL

Ten years later...

By the presence of these angelic princesses, Mithila was experiencing it's golden era. Everybody was happy and prosperous. With wealth in house and crops in fields, Mithila had become the joyous land of agriculture. King Janak was getting praised in whole Aryavart. This blissful land and it's auspicious environment attracted many hermits, saints and sages to come and establish their ashram (Hermitage) here for spreading knowledge. That Mithila, which was a land of devastation 10 years ago, had become the 'land of wisdom' of Aryavart.

While everyone was celebrating Mithila's happiness, some were definitely not happy about it. And one of them was Sudhanma.
He was ruling over Sankasya, a small state under Mithila and Sundhanma was an assistant king under king Janak. So he gathered the kings of all the backward small kingdoms who were jealous of Mithila's sudden and unbelievable progress and planned an attack upon Mithila.

_______

At Mithileshwar Mahadev temple...

King Janak was doing puja of Mahadev at the temple. And just like everyday Princess Sita was standing behind his father at the temple. That 11 years old little princess was extremely beautiful and intelligent. There was a different aura in her almond shaped deer like eyes which was attracting every one. She naturally had love for nature and hobbies like farming and gardening were her favourite things to do. A calming smile was always on her face and just like her father she had also mastered the art of being humble and loving towards everyone... either it's humans , animals or trees. May be this was the reason, that the eldest princess was the centre of attraction of Mithila.

Kushadhwaj's 10 years old daughter Mandvi and 8 years old daughter Shrutkirti had reached at the temple just at the moment when the puja completed. They silently stood behind Sita but the thing that was bringing them to the temple just during the complition of Janak's puja were the 'prasad ki mithai' (sweets of offering). With a big smile on face, King Janak moved towards her daughters to give them prasad.

First he gave prasad to his youngest princess Shrutkirti... then Mandvi... then Sita. And just like everyday, the third princess Urmila's share of prasad were left on the golden plate. So Janak gently handed those rest sweets to Sita and said- " These are for Urmila. Give them to her. Okay ?"
Sita nodded in yes with a smile and then Janak left the temple and went to his raj sabha (royal conference) happily.

Now by seeing some extra sweets in Sita's hands, naughty Mandvi's heart started twisting around. By faking an innocent tone she said- " didi, where should we find Urmila now. I haven't seen her since morning. She wakes up before sun roams everywhere. Now she must be sitting somewhere in the forest. So i think it would be better if you give these sweets to me. We will evenly share them."

Sita started laughing after hearing Mandvi's childish silly plan to get the sweets. And by patting her younger sister's head she said- " That's not right Mandvi. These sweets are for Urmila. Only Urmila has rights upon these. And to have control upon someone's right is a big sin. God will be angry by this. Do you want God to become angry upon you?"

From Sita's tricky question Mandvi clearly understood that she will never let her take those sweets. So to turn the situation in her favour she said- " ofcourse not didi. I know it's a big sin to have control upon someone's right. But do you think we should make foods wait for long...? I mean... It can take so much time to find Urmila in the forest. And those sweets can be damaged within those time and damaging food also makes God angry. So... Umm.... Don't you think....."

Before Sita could say anything Shrutkirti spoke- " Why do you worry so much didi. I'm sure Sita didi must have known exactly where can we find Urmila didi now. Am I right Sita didi?". Shrutkirti's question made Sita smile again and said said- " yes kirti. And not just me, Mandvi also clearly knows where can we find Urmila now. "

And by hearing this Mandvi understood that her plan had completely failed because her Sita didi can read her heart every time. And that sad puppy expression on Mandvi's redish pink glowing face made both Sita and Shrutkirti giggle.

Finally the 3 princesses went towards the forest to find Urmila. Sita was walking at the front, Shrutkirti and Mandvi were following her. There was no fear in the forests and mountains of Mithila. Anybody could go anywhere... at any moment. Also Mithila had exceptional natural beauty. Many sages were living in the forests and mountains. So all the four princesses of Mithila were seeing those forests as their home, where they can go at any moment.

Some times passed. Sita was walking fast and an exhausted Mandvi spoke from her back- " I can't understand what so special in that pond, that Urmila goes there every day. How isn't she getting bored ? And what she does there every day for hours and hours?"

Sita answered without looking back- " The speciality of that pond is in the flowers that bloom there. Neel kamal.... A rare species of blue lotuses. I think there are only one pond in entire Mithila where Neel kamal blooms. And Urmila loves Neel kamal so much. On her 5th birthday mata gifted her bunch of Neel kamal. And by Inquiring she got to know the location of this Neel kamal pond. Since that day Neel kamal became her bestfriend. So she loves to come here. At first she was coming with guards... once in a week. And now she comes alone... almost everyday."

Just after Sita finishing her talk, Shrutkirti added- " Yes and on her birthdays she does her shringar with Neel kamal.  She looks like a goddess with those blue lotuses."

Mandvi rolled her eyes at her little sister and replied- " uff.. this stupid urmila and her obsession with shringar... These are making me exhaust daily."
Again Sita and Shrutkirti laughed at Mandvi's cute exhaustion.

Finally the sisters reached at their destination...
A beautiful large pond with nearly thousands of blue lotuses in them... And by staring at those the 10 years old Urmila was sitting at the bank of the pond. Her silky angavastram was wetting in pond's water. Her gorgeous long hair was blowing slowly with the wind.
With many big and heavy jewelleries in her body and a pretty smile on her rosy lips, Urmila stood up from her sitting place when she heard her sister's voice.