Chapter 40: Heated

Dylan's POV - Friday December 23rd 2022:

After meeting up with Charlie and Reese we made our way back towards the house. The walk to the house felt a lot shorter than the walk to the beach. When we reached the house there was no one in sight. Someone had left the living room light on for us, but other than that it looked like everyone had went to bed. I let my mates head back to the bedroom first, I had decided I wanted to check in on my mum first. There was a light glow coming from underneath her bedroom door which meant she was probably still awake. I knocked quietly hoping not to startle her. After a few moments I heard soft foot steps make their way towards the door. 

"Dill?" My mum said as she cracked the door open.

"I just came to check on you" I said giving her a small smile. 

"Do you want to come in for a minute?" She asked opening the door wider.

I just nodded as I made my way through the door. Looking across the room I noticed that Astrid's bed had been reclined into a laying position. The covers were slightly pulled back exposing more of her pale skin. 

"Were you laying with her?" I asked turning around to face my mum. 

"I uh yes I have been since she came back" She said quietly, she almost looked embarrassed by it.

"You think I'm crazy don't you" She mumbled.

"What no! I don't I just noticed the covers were pulled back." I said trying to explain my thought process. 

"We always used to go to bed together. It's something I missed and I thought it might help. Now that Jason's gone I've had a hard time sleeping alone." Tears began to pool in her eyes. 

"Mum if that's something that comforts you then do it. Astrid is your mate, I'm sure that she would be more than happy to find out that you were by her side." I said pulling her into a hug. 

She rested her head against my chest as her body began to shake. Tears ran down her face, she clutched onto my shirt her knuckles turning white. The sound of my mums sobs broke my heart. I knew she was hurting but this was another level. I don't think I quite realized just how bad it was. 

"Do you want me to stay here with you?" I asked as I rubbed her back. 

"No no I'll be alright. I'm just tired." She said pulling away from me giving me a small smile. 

"Are you sure? I can go tell the girls that you need me." 

"Nope not happening. Harley told me that the girls had things planned for today. I want you to enjoy yourself so please just go have fun. You can come take care of your mother tomorrow if you'd like." She said as she gently pushed me towards the door. 

"Fine but if you need me or Wilder please just come get us" She nodded as she finished pushing me through the door. 

"I will I promise now go have a nice night with your ladies" She gave my arm a light squeeze before shutting the door behind me. 

I knew she was right about having a good night with my mates, however I couldn't help but feel a tad guilty. Leaving her alone in her room just felt wrong when I knew just how sad she was. But she was right Ivy and Aria had planned a day for Alex and I so I owed it to them to make the best of the day. I shook my head to clear it before entering the bedroom. The room was dark except for glowing candles that were placed all around the room. My breath hitched as I saw rose petals scattered across the floor leading all the way to the bed. For a moment the world felt like it stopped when my eyes landed on my mates. All three of them were laying on the bed wearing different colors of lacy lingerie. Alex's was a deep purple, Aria's was black and Ivy was wearing her signature emerald green. The three of them smiled at me as they crawled towards the end of the bed. Their asses were in the air, swaying with every movement forward.