Chapter 20: Promise

Ivy's POV - Friday October 14th 2022:

"Our mates are messing around without us" I whined as Aria dragged me back to our dorm. 

"Oh just let them be. Think about all the time we got with each other prior to us finding them." Aria said planting a kiss on my cheek.

"You know you don't always have to be right. You know that right?" I said playfully bumping my hip against her. 

"Not my fault I'm usually right" She said with a shrug. 

"Do you think they will be okay on their own?" I asked hesitantly.

"Honestly I don't know but I told them to hide out at Alex's for now. I doubt anyone would even think to look for them there. I mean we are always seen going into our place so I feel like that would be the last place someone would look. That's why we are going back to our place, we can't make anything look suspicious we have no idea who's watching. We just have to talk to our parents to figure out what to do."

Aria led me into our dorm. It was a little odd entering the empty dorm. Usually either Alex or Dylan would be here waiting for us. The absence of them made our dorm feel empty. My wolf Mia was not impressed that they weren't here. She had tried to take over multiple times so she could go to Alex's.

"You okay babe?" Aria asked as she hung up her jacket.

"Yeah it's just Mia she keeps trying to take control" I sighed. 

"Yeah Emmy is doing the same. She is not happy about the situation. I'm just going to call my mom to get this over with. Then hopefully we can tell them to come back." Aria said pulling out her phone. 

We sat at the kitchen table as Aria scrolled to her mom's contact information. Aria placed her phone in the center of the table. Her finger hovered over the dial button for a moment. I knew she was nervous to speak with her mom. Charlie wasn't exactly the most comforting person to talk to. Not to mention we may have forgotten to tell our parents that we had completed our mate bond. She dialed her mom and then put it on speaker. The line rang three times before her mom answered.

"Well it's about time you called" Charlie chuckled.

"Hey Aria how are you? I'm good how about you?" Aria said in a mock tone.

"Shut up it's been over a week since I last spoke to you. How's everything going over there?"

"That's actually why I called you..."

"What's going on Aria? You're worrying me."

"Well apparently when Dylan was on her way back from class two people were following her. She said her wolf Blue started to panic telling her to run. So we told her and Alex to go wait at Alex's place until we spoke to you."

"Okay rewind a second. One when did Dylan meet her wolf and two did she see what the two people looked like?"

Aria looked at me with a mortified look on her face. I could tell she hadn't meant to tell her mom about Dylan's wolf. Keeping things hidden from Charlie was never a good idea. 

"Aria?" Charlies voice rang through the speaker. 

"She met her wolf last week..." Her voice was quiet.

"Last week?! What the fuck Aria why didn't you tell us? Do you know how many people are going to be looking for her? I would of gotten the security ready a lot faster if I would have known." Charlie sounded absolutely livid. 

"I'm sorry mom... I just forgot." Aria pleaded.

If Aria had been in her wolf form her tail would be tucked between her legs currently. Mine would be too honestly, Charlie was absolutely terrifying when she got mad.