Chapter 29: Allies

Dylan POV - Monday December 12th 2022:

We had been traveling for three days now, only stopping to use the bathroom. Sitting in a vehicle had been surprisingly draining. It felt as though I had been running around all day, meanwhile I had just been sitting down. I could tell my mates were starting to get a bit stir crazy as well. They started asking for bathroom breaks more frequently but I knew they just wanted to stretch their legs. Which I didn't mind since I had a hard time even fitting in the vehicle. My back had gotten so sore from being hunched over, I craved getting to be free from the enclosed space. Luckily we were only a few hours away from the coven Claire had wanted to visit. According to her we would be able to stay the night there. Even though I wanted to get to Ivy as soon as possible I knew I'd be no use to her if I was exhausted. I needed a good rest before we arrived at the castle. 

"What are you thinking about?" I asked Aria who had been staring out the window for the last hour. 

"I just miss Ivy. I can't help thinking about what might be happening to her right now." Aria frowned her brows furrowing together.

"Try not to think about it my love. I know that's harder said than done but we need to stay strong for her. We will get her back tomorrow I promise." I said pulling Aria into an embrace. 

"How do you know we will get her back? What if Vivian has done something to her already?" Aria spoke quietly as tears began to roll down her face. 

"Dill is right we need to try not to think so negatively about it. We are just giving Vivian what she wants. We need to be strong for Ivy no matter what." Alex spoke up. Her jaw was clenched, there was a fire in her eyes I had never seen before. 

"Do you really think we should be stopping for the night?" Alex said still clenching her jaw.

"Yeah I do. The more people we have the less lives we will lose. I rather go into battle over prepared rather than under prepared." I said as I reached over to place a hand on her thigh. 

"But you are literally the most powerful werewolf alive. You should be able to take everyone on with no problem what so ever." Alex frowned. 

"The most powerful werewolf who's never seen battle. I've never been to war, I've had no combat training. I'm going to need to rely on my allies, they're the ones with battle experience. I'm basically going into this blind." I said shoving a hand through my hair. 

Both my mates looked up at me realization finally hitting them. It was like they had forgotten that I had never fought anyone let alone an entire army of werewolves, vampires and witches. Fear began to appear in their eyes and I knew in that moment they'd try to talk me out of this. 

"Before you two tell me not to fight just don't. I'm going to get our mate back, I'm going to bring her home. There's nothing that will stop me from doing that." I said as I pulled them in close. They both rested their heads against my chest. 

Resting my head against the headrest I let my eyes drift shut. I tried not thinking about the upcoming battle or all the bad things that could be happening to Ivy. I focused on just letting myself drift off into a deep sleep. After what only felt like a few minutes I felt the truck come to a stop. My eyes fluttered open as Alex and Aria both nudged my shoulders. The truck was parked in front of a large house. It was even bigger than the cabin we had been staying in. We all stepped out of the truck. I stretched my arms above my head, stretching out my aching muscles. My back cracked as I twisted, the feeling was more than satisfying. As we approached the house we were greeted by a short woman with brown hair, her skin was a light brown and her eyes were a piercing green. Which reminded me a lot of Ivy's, the thought of her eyes caused a wave of sadness to crash over me.