Chapter 3: Uncertainty

Dylan's POV - Tuesday September 6th 2022:

"Aria?" Dylan said with a look of confusion.

 What the hell was going on right now. Why was Aria standing inside Ivy's dorm. Aria looked from me back to Ivy and then back to me again. Both women had panic etched onto their faces. Aria never mentioned knowing Ivy. Not that it really mattered since Aria didn't know that I knew Ivy. But the panicked looks on their faces made it seem like they had been caught. 

"Hey Dylan." Aria's usual happy voice sounded a bit uneasy.

"You two know each other?" I looked between the two women hoping to get an answer to all my unanswered questions.

"Uh yeah Ivy is uh-" Aria was about to finish her sentence but was interrupted by Ivy.

"I'm her roommate." Ivy quickly responded.

Ivy's words made me feel a bit relieved. For a second I thought the two were mates. Although by the way Aria was looking at Ivy maybe they were. But they had no reason to hide that from me or anyone else for that matter. I had too many questions going through my head. The whole situation started to feel tense and I could feel an anxiety attack creeping up. I needed to get out of here before I made this even more awkward.

"I have to get going my class is about to start and uh you two probably want to hang out." I awkwardly rambled as I tried to slowly back away. 

"Dylan wait!" Aria's voice called out before Dylan could back away any further. 

"We are still hanging out after class right?" A worried look was etched onto Aria's face as she spoke. 

"I uh- yeah sure I'll see you later." I tried to fake a smile as she continued to back away towards the doors. 

As I pushed through the doors I took a look over my shoulder, both women were still standing there looking almost frozen into place. This whole situation didn't even feel real at the moment. It was weird that to me that the two women I was attracted to were roommates. It made me feel a little guilty being attracted to both of them.

Aria's POV:

"Mate" My wolf Emmy murmured with a slight whimper.

Aria watched as Dylan walked through the double doors at the end of the hallway. Her heart was pounding in her ears and everything felt like it was going in slow motion. She could feel Emmy pacing and getting restless. Aria looked over to Ivy who was standing frozen in the hallway with her lips slightly parted. 

"Do you think she knows?" Ivy asked quietly.

"Based on her reaction no I don't think she does." Aria said while rubbing the back of her neck. 

"But how is that possible? Her wolf should of told her." Ivy said completely stunned. 

"I don't know sweetheart. Maybe she hasn't met her wolf yet. That would honestly be the only explanation" Aria said with a puzzled look on her face.

"But wouldn't that mean she has Lycan blood? They are the only one's who don't shift until they meet there mates." Ivy said as she chewed her lip. Aria's mind began to race as the puzzle pieces started to fall together. 

Ivy had just finished class and was on her way to see me. She was coming to discuss the whole Dylan situation and how we wanted to proceed. See we already knew that Dylan was our third mate. We had been searching for her since Ivy and I had turned 18 . When we told our parents we thought we had another mate they decided to send up here to look for her. They figured that with such a large population of werewolves in one spot, that'd it be a good place to start. We had decided to stay here for a few years before moving on to the next spot. Finding Dylan had been a lot more difficult than finding Ivy. Ivy and I had met quite easily as our mothers are best friends. Our mothers were the queens of the three territories. Aria's mom ruled over the Blood Moon territory. Where as Ivy's mom ruled over Dark Moon territory. There was one other queen who used to rule over the Blue Moon territory. However 18 years ago she was murdered during an invasion. Since she had no heir to the throne her sister took over. Rumors had floated around that she had a daughter. But no one was ever able to prove it.