Aaron's POV (Part two)

Start from the beginning

"I need to go," I whispered and made a run for the door before Shelly could figure out what I was up to.

I had to explain it to Ali. She would understand it once I told her about my parents. I knew she would.

With that thought in mind, I grabbed my keys and without any sort of a goodbye, I jumped into my car and drove to her house.

My heart thumped inside my chest, almost as if it was going to come out. I still don't understand why any other person can't make me feel the way she does.

Trust me, I've tried too many times to get rid of the flutters that consume my stomach when I'm near her.

Hell, I thought that getting a girlfriend would throw my mind off these stupid feelings. But no.

Fate up there has a wicked way of forming things.

And it's not that she thinks of me as her brother or anything. But given that, she also hasn't ever thought of anyone except Logan Lerman or Dylan O'Brien in that way. And that makes me want to just go die in a ditch somewhere.

It's just crazy. I know that even my mother is silently shipping us both. Hell, she loves Ali more than me and that seriously makes me doubt her loyalty towards me. In fact, the things Ali could make me do, put my masculinity to shame.

And that was a serious issue.

As soon as Ali's house came in view, I pushed these thoughts aside and raced up to her room.

I threw her door open and paused for a breath as I rested my hands on my knees.

"Why didn't you pick up your phone?" I asked. Quite lame, I know. But I was silently praying that she hadn't heard Shelly.

She had her back towards me. So when she turned, the red splotches on her face along with the dried tears made my eyes widen.

"Where were you for the last two Friday's?"

Realisation dawned upon me as my prayers went unanswered. She had heard Shelly. She was crying because of me.

"Ali, I-," I began but she cut me off.

"Don't. Just go. Please. Leave me alone," she spoke, her voice getting devoid of any emotion by the word.

"Muffin, please list-," she cut me off.

"GO AWAY," she shouted and I flinched.

Hurt flashed across my face as she refused to let me explain.

Was this how it was going to end? Was she not going to let me explain? Not even bother to hear me out?

It hurt to know that she was ditching me just like that. Without any explanation.

I backed away, wishing she'd call me back. But it pained me when I didn't even hear a word.

Deflated and disheartened, I left her house. Wounded was something that could describe what I felt. It was worse than being trampled on by a bulldozer. Attests that would only give you physical pain.

*****
#The day of the Competition#

It had been two days since I'd last seen Ali and two days since I'd been sulking, consumed by hurt.

I was pissed, frustrated, hurt, confused, aggravated, agitated and so much more. My emotions were so jumbled, that it was hard for me to even recognise what in hell I was feeling.

I felt like pulling my hair sometimes while the rest of the times I wanted to punch a wall.

I had decided not to go to school to witness the competition, no matter how much Shelly asked me to do that. I was done behaving like some sick pet dog, listening to her demands.