Chapter 96

Meredith is stood at the front of our English classroom, giving her presentation about feminism that was due today. Everyone has to do one.

She smiles, looking down nervously as she gets to the end of it. Everyone claps for her. "Wooo!!" Me and the rest of the guys from the football team yell. "Let's gooo! You did so good!" I go to the front of the class. She giggles as I pick her up, throwing her over my shoulder.

"Mer wins! Everyone else may aswell just quit right now" I take her back to her seat. "It's not a competition Derek.. and put her down" the teacher says. "If it was a competition she'd definitely win though" I sit down and pull her onto my lap.

"Stop it Der" she giggles, sitting next to me instead and hiding her face in my chest. "My girl is so clever" I wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"Get back up.. it's your turn now, seeing as you have so much to say" the teacher says. "Oh no! I have to follow Meredith? But hers was just so amazing I can't even- how am I even gonna make an impact at all after hers?" I walk to the front. Everyone laughs.

"I could never ever beat hers" I say. "Get on with it" the teacher says. I start reading from my notes that Meredith made me.

Meredith's Pov:
I smile as I watch Derek. I'm so proud of him. He acts all confident and stuff, but I know he was genuinely nervous to do this presentation. He did the whole thing by himself.. I just wrote the notes for him to read out whilst he shows everyone his slideshow on the board.

"That's it, I'm done.. you can clap now" he says. Everyone claps for him. "I think I totally bet Meredith" he comes and sits next to me. "You totally did" I hug him. He smiles at me. I kiss him softly.

Dereks Pov:
"You did amazing baby" she whispers in my ear. "Thank you" I put my hands on her cheeks and kiss her softly.

She is definitely not as good a hype man as me, but it's just because she's shy. I know she's proud of me. And honestly, I prefer it this way because she's definitely going to show me how proud she is with a make out session in the hallway later.

"Mark" the teacher calls him up. "Good luck beating derek" Meredith says quietly as he walks by. He glares at her playfully. I grin. "Thanks baby" I chuckle, pulling her onto my lap again. She giggles, cuddling into me.

—————-

Class just ended and me and Meredith walk out holding hands. She giggles as I push her up against the lockers. I kiss her passionately.

"Stop giggling" I grin, tickling her belly as she giggles against my lips. She wriggles in my arms. "Der, stop" she hugs me. I stop and hug her back.

"Can I have kisses for making you proud with my presentation?" I ask. "Yes I'll give you kisses" she pulls away slowly. She leans up and kisses my lips.

"Shit, I have to get to practice" I pull away from her as the bell goes off. She frowns immediately and looks down. "I'll see you later babygirl" I kiss her head.

"Are you mad at me?" Her bottom lip wobbles. "No! Babe please" I sigh. She pushes her face into my chest. "I need to go" I kiss her lips. She pouts at me. "I love you so much" I hug her before going. Yeah.. I'll pay for that later.