chapter 1

Derek has been my boyfriend for 3 years. He's 17 and I'm 16. Nearly 17. He's the love of my life and I truly believe I'm going to marry him one day.

"Derek stop it!" I giggle as he kisses my cheek playfully. We're sat in the common room at school with our friends. I'm sat on his lap on the couch.

"No, hey! That was not my fault! If he hadn't have bellyflopped me onto the floor then I totally would've scored!" He points at mark. They all laugh. They're talking about football. He's the captain.

I smile, watching him as he laughs. My heart beats faster in my chest as he makes eye contact with me.

Flashforward:

I hear a ringing in my ear. I hear nothing else though. I can't hear the doctors. I can't hear my parents. Just blankness. Nothing.

I sob hysterically, collapsing to the floor. I push my parents away as they try to pull me back up.

Carolyn kneels down infront of me. "Breathe honey, I know.. I know its hard b-but take deep breaths" She's still trying to pull herself together whilst helping me.

She hugs me. I sob hard into her shoulder. My whole body is aching. I feel like I'm about to die I'm in so much pain.

Flashforward over:

"Oh, I got the thing by the way" Mark says. "What thing?" Cristina asks. "Oh, pass me" Derek says. He passes him a bag.

"Tell me" izzie says. "You guys are so nosy" Derek says. He opens the bag and pulls out a box. "Here you go beautiful" he passes it to me. "For me?" I smile, opening it. He nods.

"Oh, babeee!" I grin as I see the necklace. He smiles. "Do you like it?" He picks up the necklace. "I love it so much" I say as he puts it on me. "Thankyou" I kiss him. "You're welcome" he hugs me.

"Hey, practice.. now!" The football coach walks in, pointing at derek. He sighs. The bell rings.

"Don't worry.. we can get her to class perfectly okay ourselves.. she doesn't need you to walk her there" izzie chuckles, pulling me up.

"You two make sure my love gets wherever the hell she wants okay, got it?" He grins, kissing my cheek. I giggle. "Yes sir" They joke. "I'll see you later" I giggle. "Bye" he kisses me before leaving.

"Stop looking at my ass" he says as I watch him walk away. I giggle. "You have no proof that I was!" I yell. He turns around, grinning. I giggle.

"No! You gotta go to class" Cristina says. "I'll be there in a bit" I say. They groan, leaving.

"Baby wait for me" I catch up to him. "You gonna watch me play?" He wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Of course" I hug him.

----

We're in the boys changing rooms, just the two of us. "Oh, meredith! Just fuck off" he punches the wall next to him. Not hard at all, just lightly in frustration.

"Fine" i walk away. "No.. no, baby I didn't mean it.. don't go" he pulls me back.

"Are you fucking her?" I look into his eyes. He chuckles. I hit him, walking away. He pulls me back.

I look into his eyes. "Of course I'm not.. you're my girl, nobody else.. why would I sleep with anyone else when I have the most perfect girl on the planet in my arms anyway?" He puts his hands on my waist.

"I don't like the way she was looking at you.. or touching you" I say. "She's the cheer captain sweetheart, I have to speak to her sometimes.. and she just pushed me because she was laughing at something" he says.

"Okay" I whisper. "You didn't actually think I'd cheat on you, did you?" He asks. "No, not really" I sigh.

"Sorry for being crazy" I say. "Sorry for making you crazy" he says. I giggle. 

"You played good today" I run my hands up his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. He kisses me.

"I'll give you a lift home" he says. "Oh, can I not stay at yours tonight?" I ask. "No, sorry babe.. I'm under clear instructions from your mom that you have to be home tonight to go to your grans" he says. I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"When did she tell you that?" I ask. "When I picked you up this morning" he chuckles. I giggle.

"Come on, let's go" I entwine out fingers. He grabs both of our bags and we go out to his car. He drops me off at home.