chapter 71

I wake up next to derek in bed. I whine, cuddling into him. I'm wearing one of his hoodies and a pair of panties and he's wearing just his pyjama bottoms.

"Baby, shh" he whispers, pulling me closer tiredly as I keep whining and groaning about how cold I am.

"I'm cold" I hug him tighter. He pulls another blanket over both of us and hugs me back. "Do you want a pair of my joggers?" He asks. I shake my head. He kisses me softly before very quickly falling back asleep.

Derek's pov:
I open my eyes slowly. I smile as I see meredith laid on her back with her eyes closed. She's pretending to be asleep. I can tell.

"Darling" I tickle her belly softly. She giggles. I smile. She keeps her eyes closed. "Mer" I whisper. She looks at me finally. I kiss her lips.

"Do you wanna shower with me?" I ask. "No thanks" she says. "No?" I pout. "I'm tired" she says. "A steamy shower with your fiancé will wake you up" I say. She shakes her head.

"Can we have a quickie?" I smile at her. "If you make it really quick" she sighs. "Baby" I frown.

"I'm not in the mood for you to be all clingy this morning" she rolls her eyes. "You want me to leave you alone for a bit?" I ask. She nods. "Okay" I say.

I kiss her cheek before getting up and going into the bathroom to shower. Her period starts in two days, that's probably why she's a bit moody. I'll just leave her alone today. I'll offer to take her home so she can have some space.

I get out of the shower, get ready and go downstairs. She's sat in the kitchen, eating breakfast.

"You want a drink, sweetheart?" I walk past her, to the fridge. "Yes please" she says. "Apple juice?" I ask. She nods. I get her a glass and hand it to her. "Thanks" she drinks it.

Merediths pov:
He closes the fridge. I frown as he walks past me again and goes into the living room. He didn't even come and give me a kiss.

I follow him. "Oh, sorry darling.. were you watching this?" He hands me the TV remote. I shake my head. He puts on a show he likes.

I pout, looking down at him as I stand infront of the couch he's sat on. He looks at me.

"What's wrong?" He smiles, reaching out to hold my hand. "You're ignoring me" I say. "You told me to leave you alone" he chuckles. "I didn't mean it" I say quietly, looking down.

"Come here" he chuckles, opening his arms. I sit on his lap and hug him. "Did you have a nice shower?" I cuddle into him. "Yeah, it would've been nicer with you there though" he smiles small.

"Derek" I say. "Yeah?" He pauses the TV. "What's this show about?" I ask. "Its about cars" he says. "That's boring" I say. "You wanna watch something else?" He asks. I shake my head.

Merediths pov:
About two weeks ago, I found out that derek is self harming again. He doesn't know that I know. He does it on the inside of his thighs. I felt it when I was cuddling with him the other day, but didn't say anything.

Derek has a doctors appointment soon to talk about the antidepressants he's on. He asked me to come with him. I really hope they can do something to help him.

I've been watching him really closely, giving him loads of attention and just trying to make him happy. Its come to the point where I don't think I can do anything about it now. He doesn't even talk to me about it.

"Where's your ring, baby?" He asks, holding my hand. "In my jewelry box.. I'm sorry, I took it off when I was doing a facemask to stop it getting on it and forgot to put it back on" I say. "Okay honey, as long as its somewhere safe" he smiles.

"When are we getting married?" I ask, holding his arm in my hands. He looks down as I gently stroke his healed scars with my thumb.

"There's no rush.. I'm not going anywhere, darling" he looks into my eyes. "Promise" I whisper. "I promise" he says. I kiss him.

"You were moody this morning.. are you okay now?" He pulls me closer. I nod. "I was just tired" I shrug.

"Are we home alone?" I ask. "No babe, my moms taking a nap upstairs" he says. "I want to take a nap" I pout. "Come here, you can take a nap" he hugs me. I cuddle into him. He pulls a blanket over me.