chapter 12

"Look at der" I hold amelia up, pointing at derek running on the field. He scores. "Cheer" I say. She claps along with everyone.

"Mer, you not cheering today? We could really use you" izzie walks over, shaking her pompoms. "I'm looking after Amy, sorry" I say. "Hi cutie!" she kisses Amy's hand softly. Amy hugs her.

She walks away. I smile as derek runs over. I lean over the railing, handing amelia to him. He hugs her. She giggles, holding onto him.

I take a picture of them. "Baby, you're doing so good!" I lean down. He puts his hand on the back of my neck, leaning up to kiss me.

"Here" I hold a bottle of water to his lips. He drinks it. "Thankyou" he says. I put it aside.

"You look so handsome" I put my hand on his cheek. He chuckles. "Thankyou" he smiles. I grin.

"Cris watch Amy for a couple minutes" I pick her back up, passing her to cristina. "What?! N-" she says. I run away.

I giggle as derek pulls me into his arms when I get down to him, infront of the bleachers instead, on the grass.

I stand on my tiptoes as he kisses me. He picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist as we make out.

I pull away. "You look so hot playing out there" I say. He kisses me again. I pull away. "You're the best, baby" I smile. He smiles.

The coach blows the whistle. I squeal as he lifts me up. I giggle, climbing back over the railing.

"Ah! No, derek help" I say, holding onto the railing, my feet dangling from the floor. "Mer you're really close to the floor.. just let go" he chuckles.

I whine. "Honey, just let go" he says. I let go and my feet touch the floor. "Oh" I say. He chuckles, running back to the field. I sit next to amelia.

She pulls on my hand. I lift her up, standing her on my lap so she can see. She giggles, clapping her hands happily as she watches him. I smile. 

Flashforward:

"Amelia.. honey, you're not even really supposed to be in here.. so I need you to be really good, okay?" Carol says. She nods.

"Amy, listen" I kneel down to her. She looks at me. "Derek is hurt, okay? He has some things attached to him.. but they're not hurting him.. they're making him better" I say. "Okay" she says.

"Its quite scary, but you'll be okay because you're brave, won't you?" I say. She nods. I stand up. Carol smiles small at me.

We walk into the room. She immediately clings onto my legs, hiding her face in them. "Ames" I pick her up. "Its okay" I hug her.

"Be very gentle and careful, okay?" I sit her on the bed next to him. She looks at him. She holds his hand. "Dewek" she tugs on his hand gently.

"Why isn't he wake up?" She asks. "Hes poorly" I whisper. She climbs up his body to his chest. She starts crying. "Dewek" she sniffles, wiping her tears with the back of her hands.

"Maybe you should take her home" I whisper. Carol nods. "Honey, let's go.. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here" she says.

"No, I want to stay with dewek" her lip trembles and she hugs his arm. I pick her up. "Kiss him goodbye" I hold her over him. She kisses his head. "Wove you dewek" her tears fall onto his face. I hug her tight.

I kiss her head before passing her to Carol. "I'll see you at home sweetheart" she puts her hand on my arm. I nod. "Bye" I say. She leaves.

I sigh. "She misses you baby.. so do I" I put my hand on his chest. I sit on the bed with him, leaning down and resting my head on his chest. I close my eyes, listening to his heartbeat.