chapter 74

"He's so amazing" I say, watching derek play. Me and mark are sat next to eachother on the bleachers, watching the football match. He isnt playing yet because he was benched. "He's very good" he says. "Hot too" I smile.

"Not as hot as you" he says. I look at him. "Mark, are you hitting on me?" I look into his eyes. "What if I was?" He smirks. "Derek would kill you" I say.

"Mark, no" I whisper as he runs his hand down my back slowly. He sighs, pulling away. "I love my fiance, you can't flirt with me" I move away from him slightly.

I keep my eyes on derek as he moves closer to me again. "Go baby!" I cheer him on.

"Mark stop it.. seriously" I look at him. "I'm sorry" he says. "You're his best friend.. don't be a jerk" I say.

"He wouldn't know" he rolls his eyes. "You're such an ass.. he's really hurting right now and you really want to take his best friend and his fiance away from him at the same time? Do you even know what that would do to him?" I say.

"I thought he was fine" he furrows his brows. "He's cutting himself again" I whisper. "Fuck" he says. "He doesn't even know I know" I look down.

"Are you okay?" He asks. "No, I'm terrified that I'm going to lose him again.. and you're not helping because I thought we were friends but you're being a dick" I tear up. I need to stop crying all of the fucking time. It annoys me but I can't help it.

"Meredith, I'm sorry.. I didn't know" he says. "You shouldn't be hitting on me either way, he's supposed to be your best friend" I say.

I look at derek again. I gasp. "Oh my god!" I say as I see derek get tackled to the floor and clearly injures himself. The game stops. I get up and run over to him.

He sits up slowly and groans quietly. "Are you okay?" I kneel down to him, putting my hand on his cheek. "Yeah, I'm fine" he looks into my eyes. "Are you sure?" I hug him. "I'm good baby, thanks" he chuckles softly.

"You idiot! You hurt him!" I hit the guy who tackled Derek's leg. The rest of the guys laugh. "He didn't mean to, mer" Derek chuckles. I glare at him.

"Can you help me up please?" Derek asks. I stand up and he holds my hand. I help him stand up.

"Did you hurt your leg?" I ask. "Yeah baby.. Mark, you're in!" He yells. Mark runs onto the field and I take derek off of it.

He groans as we sit down on the bleachers. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to scare you" he rubs my back.

"Stop comforting me right now, you're hurt" I chuckle, putting my hand on his cheek. He smiles. "You're my girl, I'll always comfort you" he kisses me softly.

"Can I do anything?" I put my hand on his thigh. "You wanna take me home?" He leans in and hugs my waist. "Sure baby, I can take you home" I whisper, hugging him back.

"Your place or mine?" I ask. "Mine, I have a shit ton of homework to do" he says. I help him up again and we leave the school. We get in his car and I drive him home.

"You're doing amazing darling, you're so going to pass your test" he says, watching me drive. I smile. "I love you" I look at him for a second. "I love you more" he puts his hand on my thigh.

We get to his house and I help him inside. "What's wrong?" Carolyn asks, walking over. "Some idiot tackled him to the floor and he hurt his leg" I say. "Oh" she says.

"I'm fine, mom" he says. I help him upstairs and he gets changed into his pyjamas before climbing into bed.

"Do you need anything?" I ask, kneeling on the bed next to him. "No thanks sweetheart" he smiles at me. I lean down and kiss him.

"I'm so sorry, I have to go" I hug his neck. "I know" he hugs me back. "Don't miss me too much" I pull away. "Impossible" He grins at me.

"Call me if you need anything" I say. "Okay" he says. I leave. I need to be back home for dinner in ten minutes.