chapter 41

Me and cristina are sat in class talking. The teacher leaves the room. Derek walks over to us. "Are you coming to mine after school?" He leans over my desk.

I smile at him. He smiles back at me. "If you want me to" I say. He kisses me. I put my hands on his cheeks.

I pull away from him slowly. "We can go and get something to eat after school.. I have some money on me so we can go wherever you want" he says. "Can we go to that cafe? The one you like?" I ask. "Sure if you want" he says.

"You're gonna get into trouble, go to your seat" I giggle. "I don't care, let me sit with you" he says. "No.. no!" I squeal as he picks me up. I giggle as he sits in my seat and he pulls me onto his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck. We start kissing.

"Derek get back to your seat now!" The teacher yells as he walks back into the classroom. I try not to laugh as he sits me back on the seat and goes to his own.

I look back at him and smile. He grins at me. I giggle, looking back at my book. I continue with my work.

the bell rings. I grab my things and stand up. He walks over. I hold his hand. We leave.

"Derek, you coming to adams House with us?" Mark walks past. He holds up a roll of toilet paper. "Oh my god yeah!" He says excitedly.

I look at him. "Ah shit.. I can't, me and mer are going out" he says. "Nice" I scoff. I let go of his hand. "Sorry babe, we've just been talking about doing this for ages" he says.

"Doing what?" I ask. "Toilet papering his house" Mark says. "That's so mean" I say. "He deserves it" Derek says. "Go with them, we can hang out tomorrow" I say.

"No, we're going out" he says. "Its fine" I say. "Will you come with us?" He asks. "Hey, this is a team thing" Mark says. I look at him. "Come on man" Derek says. "Fine" he says. I smile.

-------

We're waiting for Mark to tell us that the guys parents have gone to bed so they won't catch us. We're all sat on the field across from his house. It's dark now.

"If you hadn't bailed on our date for this then we'd be doing this naked right now instead" I tease. We're sat on the grass outside his house and I'm straddling him.

"Don't tease me" he chuckles. I giggle. I kiss him again. "This is why we said no girls.. get off of him" Alex pulls me off of him. I giggle. "Stop" he points at us both. He sits between us, separating us.

Alex is looking out for Jackson. His girlfriend broke up with him yesterday so he's sad obviously. I think Alex thinks that seeing me and derek kissing will upset him.

"Alex I don't think Jackson cares" I say. "I do" Jackson says. I glare at him. He chuckles. I smile.

I sit next to him. "How are you?" I hug him. "I feel terrible, honestly" he says. "It'll get better.. eventually" I say. "I hope so" he chuckles softly. I smile small.

"You just need to get laid" Mark says. "No he doesn't.. If I slept with a guy whilst me and derek weren't together, I would've regretted it forever" I say. "That's different" Mark says.

"No it isn't, me and derek have broken up before" I roll my eyes. "Just find distractions if you wanna get over her.. or better yet, try to win her back" I say. He smiles at me. I smile.

"You know when me and derek have broken up in the past, he'd just send me flowers every single day until I finally call him to yell at him for it and he'll end up making me laugh about it and before I know it, we're back together" i say.

"I don't think that'd work for me" he chuckles. "Why not?" I ask. "Because we weren't like you and derek" he says. "Nobodys like her and derek" Mark chuckles.

"Do you mean that in a bad way?" I frown. "No, I don't" he looks at me. I smile at derek. He smiles back at me.

"Hey, the lights are off" Mark points at the house. We all stand up. We grab the toilet paper and run towards the house.

We throw the toilet paper all over the place. "You throw like a girl" Mark says. I glare at him. Derek laughs. "You don't, you throw perfect" he kisses my cheek. I giggle, nudging him playfully.

"Run!" Mark yells as the house lights turn on. Derek holds my hand. We run quickly away from the house and towards his car.

We're all laughing uncontrollably. We get into Derek's car and he drives us away.