chapter 80

Me and the cheer team are having a small meeting in the break room, and all we can hear is the football team yelling and laughing at eachother as they play with the small basketball hoop on the wall.

"They're such rats" izzie glares at them. I look over and smile at derek as he looks at me. He smiles back. "Der" I call him over. He throws the basketball at one of his friends before running over to me.

He sits next to me on the couch and kisses me softly. I grin at him. "Can you tell your friends to keep it down a bit please?" I put my hand on his cheek. He kisses me again.

"Baby, listen to me" I say. "What?" He asks. "Your friends" I say. "Mhm?" He asks, kissing me. "Can you keep it down a bit?" I ask. "Okay" he says. "Thank you" I look into his eyes. He smiles at me again.

"Can I stay with you?" He hugs me. "No, this is a girl meeting.. no Dereks allowed" I say. He chuckles. He gets up and walks away. We continue talking.

I look over at derek and see him sat on the chair across the room, by himself. I frown slightly. He inspects his hand closely.

"I'll just be a second" I get up and walk over to him. "What's wrong, babe?" I kneel down beside the chair. "I have a splinter" he shows me. I look at it closely.

"Come here" I stand up. He follows me back to the girls. He sits on the couch and I sit next to him. I grab my bag and pull out some tweezers. "Be careful, mer" he says quietly as I pull out the splinter. I grin, showing it to him.

"Thank you" he hugs me tight. "You're welcome" I giggle. "Can I stay now?" He asks. I shake my head. "Please.. I won't speak, I promise" he says. "..fine" I sigh. He smiles, snuggling into me.

"Meredith" the girls whine. "Please let him stay" I say. "But we're talking about.. boys" izzie says. "He won't say anything, will you?" I look at him. He shakes his head. "Meredith tells me anyway" he says. I nudge him. They gasp.

"He doesn't care.. I promise" I chuckle. "I don't care" he says. "See?" I say. "I only care what meredith says about boys" he gives me a look. I giggle. "I only talk about you" I kiss him.

"Will you come to the toilets with me?" I stand up. "I'll come and stand outside the toilets, I'm not going in" he chuckles. I grin at him as we walk out.

He waits outside as I pee. I wash my hands and walk back out. "Can you get me a snack?" I pull him over to the vending machine. "Sure baby" he grabs his wallet. I press the one I want. He pays for it. I grab it and start eating my chocolate bar.

I feed him some. He eats it. I hug him. He hugs me back. "You're so nice" I squeeze him. "I am?" He asks. "Yeah, you buy me things all the time" I say. "You're my girl, mer.. its not just my money, it's ours" he says. "Because we're engaged?" I ask. He nods.

"So.. if I went shopping-" I say. "Don't take the piss" he puts his wallet away. I giggle. He chuckles. I smile, pushing him playfully. I frown as he stumbles back a lot. I grab him and he steadies himself.

"You okay?" I put my hands on his waist. He nods. "You sure?" I ask. He nods. "I'm fine" he says. "Here babe, have something to eat" I hand him the rest of my chocolate. He eats it.

"Are you not feeling well, darling?" I ask. "I'm okay, mer.. i just feel a bit ill and have a headache, but im fine.. seriously" he smiles at me. He itches his arm. I pull up his sleeve gently. There's no new ones, thank god.

"Are they bothering you again?" I ask. "Little bit" he says. "I have some of the cream for them in my bag" I grab it and hand it to him. "Can you do it please?" He asks. "Yeah" I smile, helping him. He thanks me. We go back to the break room to join our friends again.