Meeting an annoying nutjob in disguise.

To keep it short, his plan failed.

No matter how many books Cale had read that gave advice on how to make friends and improve social skills, he still ended up being the awkward one when he approached other students and tried to befriend them.

It was already the end of the day, and Cale still hadn't managed to even talk to anyone. As there were no group projects, no partner works or other things, Cale also didn't get the opportunity to kind of introduce himself to the other kids. Perhaps it was because it was his first time in an actual school, or rather a public place with normal people, but Cale failed to notice the hidden stares the girls were giving him and the hesitating boys, trying to speak to him.

In the end, none of them actually dared to.

No one, but one person.

"Was it Cale?"

Cale looked up. The bell just rang, announcing the end of the day and most of his classmates already exited the door. Yet, the boy in front of him didn't seem in a hurry like the others. His raven hair and dark brown, almost obsidian eyes made him look common, yet his extremely handsome face and tall built let him shine and stand out even in a bunch of handsome guys.

He looked to be quite popular. Cale recalled how he was on the lazier side, not that it really mattered.

The redhead then nodded as he got up from his chair.

"Yes. Who are you again, if I may ask?"

The raven haired kid couldn't hold back his chuckle as he shook his head.

"Oi, I know you're from a rich family, but why do you speak like we're in the 19th century? Don't ya know slang? Street tongue? The language of the youth today?"

Cale frowned. What was wrong with the way he spoke? He spoke just like other people would. And what did this guy mean with slang, street tongue and language of the youth today? Wasn't it all the same in the end?

"Pfft, you look confused as fuck. Anyways, I'm Choi Jung Soo, but you're welcomed to call me Jung Soo~ so...Do you have any plans right now? Cuz if not, let's go out!"

Cale's eyes widened in surprise. Never would he have imagined that anyone would come up to him and ask him to go out! This was a good thing, right? Yeah, while this Choi Jung Soo guy seemed suspicious, he didn't give off the vibe of a bad guy and seemed friendly enough.

"Um, where to?"

Choi Jung Soo smirked. He then shrugged a confident expression on his face.

"Wherever the wind brings us to, naturally! How about going out for Tteokbokki?" [Tteokbokki is a Korean street food snack made primarily of chewy rice cakes and fiery, funky gochujang chili paste.]

He was cheerful and obviously happy. On the contrary, Cale was confused. Choi Jung Soo immediately noticed it, even though Cale was excellent at controlling his expression. For some odd reason, the raven haired boy could tell. He smirked and put his hand around Cale's neck to pull him closer to him.

"You don't know what Tteokbokki is, do ya?"

Cale frowned and looked up at the way taller boy. He then shrugged. He had never really been out after he turned six and stayed at home. Even then he didn't eat many things, and most of the dishes he did eat were not Korean but rather British.

After the redhead didn't answer, Choi Jung Soo smiled and dragged Cale out of the now empty classroom, a cheerful yet devoted expression on his face. Cale got a strange feeling, yet chose to ignore it for now.