Chapter ⁴⁰

A tired Siya walked inside their room only to find her son covered in jam!

" Jay!"

The boy quickly hid his hands behind his back looking at his mother with his doe eyes.

" Me no here." He said.

" You're sitting in front of me. Who gave you this?"

" No no no. Me have nwothing."

" Jay."

" Papa gave. You eat."

" No I don't want. Come here let's get you washed. Where is your baba?"

" He here only. "

" But I don't see him?"

" He there ." He said pointing towards their small kitchen.

" Jay come here, leave that bottle. This boy, get here!"

" Sorry me love jam!"

" Enough jam for today, get here let's go the the bathroom." Siya told the boy who was busy licking his fingers.

" Okay." He said sadly looking at the jam jar.

Taking the little boy into the bathroom, she undressed him so she could give him a bath

" No more jam bread, this little tummy should have space for dinner." She said

" But but why no jam bread in dinner?"

" Because you cannot have jam bread for dinner."

" But why!?"

" Jay no more jam bread for today, it isn't too healthy. You are good boy right?"

" No me is best boy!"

" Yes and this best boy will listen to mama?"

" I will!"

She gave him a bath and dressed him in new clothes after which she herself got fresh after a long tiring day.

Walking out of their bedroom to their attached living room she found Ranvijay sitting on his father's lap trying to read words from his book.

" Rajveer ji how was your day?"

"-" No answer

" Veer?"

"-" Still no answer

" Baba mama calling."

" Hmm go play in your room, baba will join you soon."

" Study over?"

" Yes, we will read the rest tomorrow."

" Okay Baba!"

The boy took his bag and ran out of the room so he could go back and play with his toys. His room was just beside his parents'.

" Rajveer ji kya hua?"