Chapter ¹⁴

" Rajveer ji? " Siya called

" Hmm?" 

Rajveer was sitting on the bed, his back resting on the headboard reading a book. Black glasses resting on his nose as he focused. Siya laid there her back facing him, she desperately wanted to ask him about physical intimacy but was afraid and shy. From what she had caught on from her family having sex was very common on the first night itself.

In her family marriage was something that happened between two individuals, the woman's job was to take care of the house and kids. She did not have a voice of her own. Her job was to obey. Obey her husband and his parents.

When Karan got to know about his wife's pregnancy he was sure it was a boy. But then Jaya gave birth to Siya, on top of that due to some complications he found his wife couldn't get pregnant again.

There was a lot of political pressure on him that time due to Rajveer's father. He wanted to kill Siya and Jaya and make it look like it was an accident. But some hospital staff leaked the information about him having a daughter. So he used her to get into the good books of the people. At that time killing a girl child was common as an infant or in the mother's womb. Even after it was made illegal for doctors to inform the parents of the gender, malpractice took place where wealthy people did it.

So Karan made it seem that he was the ideal girl dad, getting her enrolled in good schools but inside it was different. He cursed at himself for not bribing the doctor to get him to tell the baby's gender as he was sure it was a boy.

His reasoning?  He was a Maheshwari and a very ' manly man ' so his ' sperm ' could only produce strong healthy baby boys.
( This guy takes the phrase ' My Delulu is the only solulu ' to a whole other level 😶 )

Coming back to Siya and Rajveer, so yes Siya was a bit hesitant. But at the same time she did not want to loose home, Siya was insecure. This man had showed her so much respect in just few days that her father didn't for twenty one years of her life.

" Rajveer ji? " She called turning towards him and sat up. Rajveer who was busy reading something looked towards her, wasn't she asleep?

" Hmm?"

" Vo I.. that wanted to ask you something."

He kept the book on the bedside table and removed his glasses as turned towards her, raising his eyebrow he asked

" What?"

" That it's a promise you won't get mad? "

" I would never get mad at you Siya now tell me what is it? Do you want something? Are you hungry?"

" Huh no no. Vo na that we did not do it why?" She hesitantly asked.

" Did not do what? " Rajveer asked not understanding what she was trying to say.