6: Sinking in.

Authors Note: Surprise! I am sorry for the late update; I have been busy and unwell. I hope you all have been amazing and thank you so much for 48k reads. Each milestone we hit truly bursts my heart with love, thank you all.

One torturous week goes by, Jamie and Nicholas are the only ones who really speak to me. The others huddle around Noah, muttering if I am in the same room as them. Jamie tried telling my brother to give me some slack, but of course with how stubborn us Folio's are—he isn't going to be doing that anytime soon.
Sitting in the warm sun, we were at our next venue—a smaller hometown feel to it, but still big enough for me to get lost inside. Which is exactly why I am currently sitting outside. Since it is a nicer day out, I wore a black tank top and a pair of high-waisted shorts, even then I would still complain of the heat.
Book in hand, I sat at the picnic table, focused on the scene of my book—Jamie and I have been reading dirty romance novels, we currently were co-reading a dark romance and it was at a steamy part Jamie nearly squealed about when she read it.
"You still read those filth?" jumping at the voice, I looked up at Ray plopped down beside me.

"I didn't invite you to sit with, nor snoop on me" I mumbled marking my page and closing the book. I'd have to finish reading that later.

He smiled, he brushed his hair out of his face as he looked me over. "I wanted to see what my girl was doing" the sentence alone had my stomach churning.

"Why go this far, Ray? I left—couldn't you have just moved on" I sighed.

"No, you were. . . Are, you are mine" he leaned in his breath fanning my face. "You think you can live without me, but you can't because we are one. You know you are nothing without me" his words felt like daggers hitting their mark on me. "Think about it, Faith. You left for a year, and I never stopped. That is true love, Noah sees you for one second with me and your whole relationship caves in itself? Doesn't seem stable to me."

He's trying to hurt me, and damn it is working. Noah did cave quickly, but if I were in his shoes I may have done the same thing. The thought of hurting Noah had my heart threatening to shatter. Ray dipped his fingers under my chin lifting my face, so I was looking at him. "Let me take care of you, Faith" maybe I did deserve him, maybe it would have been best if I stayed with him. That video would never get out, and he would leave my family alone.

Hearing the door of the venue open, I felt abody sit next to me as the table across from me shifted as well. Looking, Jamiesat across from me as Nicholas now sat behind me. "Well, howdy you two" she smirkedlooking directly at Ray, challenging him silently.

Ray being himself, smiled brightly at Jamie but the look in his eyes told me hewas far from pleased that he was interrupted. "See you guys later" he leaned downkissing my cheek before heading back to the venue.

Eyes slowly turning to Jamie, her face was red, and I couldn't tell if it wasfrom anger or from the heat. Nicholas had a burrito he was munching on, but Icould feel his body stiff beside my own. "What a fucking creep" Nicholas saidbetween mouthfuls of food.

Jamie nodded her head in agreement, "you have no idea. God, I fucking hate thatguy" she seethed in the direction he once was.

Nicholas looked between us, "did something happen?" He questioned us by puttinghis food down in the takeout container.

Looking at Jamie, I shook my head, but she practically vibrated from anger. "Creepis Fae's ex-boyfriend" Nicholas's head whipped in my direction so fast I am surprisedI didn't hear it crack.

"Jamie!" I snapped, wanting to be pissed at the fact now Nicholas knew.

"Relax, I told you—you need a team and Nicholas won't tell anyone, rightNicholas? Not even the guys because we are not allowed to tell" he kept hiseyes on me, unsure of what he was thinking I shifted in my seat almost wishingI would vanish.

"You can't tell anyone, Nicholas, promise me that" his blue eyes looked meover, the same way Jamie's did when she found out, they were looking for marksthat weren't there. Or least, not yet. "Nicholas" I whined, getting his attentionlong enough.

He closed his food, sitting straight. "This is something huge, Faith—we shouldtell someone" He said softly.

"See!" Jamie cried; arms splayed in front of her.

Shaking my head, I stood up looking down at the two of them. "No—you both aremy friends, and as your friend I am telling you no. Do not tell a single soul aboutthis do you understand?" They looked at one another. "Do you understand?" Irepeated once more.

Nodding their heads, I decided that was good enough. Heading back inside, itwas a lot cooler in here for now until hundreds of people would be crammed inhere for tonight's show. Ray was sat chatting to Noah, both glancing my way andRay winking in my direction.
The churning feeling in my stomach returning, I headed to the green room as Isat down with my laptop this time. I had just finished editing the latest videoof Jamie and I—it was receiving positive feedback which made me feel better atthe fact I was half distracted when I was working on it.

Zoom popped up on my screen, it was my therapist. Hitting the call button, Islid my headphone on as I looked at the older women who sat behind the screen. "Youmissed a session, Faith" she said gently. I had missed a few, but her referringit to one was trying to sugar coat it.

Chewing my lips, I nodded my head. "I've been busy" which wasn't a lie. I wastrying not to fall apart but she didn't need to know that.

"These sessions are important; they will help you in the long run."

I needed to not be here in the long run. "Are you going to tell my mom?" Shewas my mother's therapist as well; my mom would tell me how great her sessionswere going, and I would lie through my teeth telling her mine were going wellwhen I hardly was showing up.

She let out a soft sigh, "legally I cannot speak to your mother about you oryour file. This is strictly patient confidentiality, so no Faith what we speakabout stays between you and I" she smiled.

Guilt swarmed my stomach like a million bees stinging at me. My mother worked sohard trying to make sure I was okay and here I was back to where I was when Iwas younger. "Look, I appreciate all you've done but this is ending. Thank youfor your time."

"Faith. . . I don't—"

"Thank you, goodbye." Hanging up the call, I blew out a breath as my headrolled back. This was going to be the life I deserved, I needed to not piss ofRay—if he wasn't mad, maybe I would be safe.
Would I ever be safe?

Limits |Noah Sebastian/ Bad Omens|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara