14: Those eyes like fire.

Authors Note: This might be the last chapter for the week. Updates most likely will resume July 3rd or 4th. Thank you everyone for understanding, I am excited for the small holiday. If I have time tomorrow, I might try to sit down and maybe try a small update but if not, see you all on the 3rd/4th update wise! Of course, I will be still replying to messages and updating the board when I can. <3

Jamie sat on my bed in my room as I pulled out outfits trying to find something to wear on this date—she had gotten excited when she found someone free, and charming, but then announced she has never personally met this man and only knows of him thanks to a friend of hers. But I was still going to go through with it.
I didn't even want to really date, or let alone be on this date but I owed it to myself since Noah was still with Sam. "What about this?" I said pulling out a floral sundress.

"Nope, no way" she shook her head sitting back against my headboard. "You should just talk to Noah, that would be a cute dress to wear on a date with him" she smiled softly.

A glare in her direction, she knew I wasn't pleased. "He made up his mind, in a way—he wants to talk but I already know what it's going to be about" I scoffed hauling out another outfit to show her, once again her shaking her head at it. "He wants to do the whole 'you're my best-friends little sister, this kiss should have never happened and will never happen again' bullshit, it's how it always goes" I pulled out a shirt that was long-sleeved but dipped down in the front, exposing a bit of cleavage I didn't mind showing.

"You sound like you know this from experience" Jamie piped in, nodding her head approving of the shirt.

Rummaging through my dresser, I pointed to my bookcase where many books lay. "I read smutty romance novels to fill my spare time, you learn a lot by reading and so far I am not liking my odd of this" I pulled out a skirt, frowning at how I wasn't caring as much about this date tonight and didn't really care how I looked.

"Okaaay, but. . ." Jamie began as she got out of my bed looking at my bookcase "Sometimes it turns out good, I have read plenty of books where the younger sister gets with the older brother's friend" looking at her with my brow raised, she blushed slightly. "I may. . . also read books to pass my time" she coughed before letting out a laugh.

It was early evening now, Noah had spent all day out with Sam and truthfully, I don't know why I bothered to care about it.
I was almost ready for my date, I showered off last night's party and the thought of Noah's lips on my own, part of me couldn't even walk past that hallway without a burning blush creeping its way in. My effort for this date wasn't all there, and Jamie had asked me more than once to just cancel—of course, I declined telling her I was going to see it through. My long dark hair was straightened half-assed as my makeup was a simple small, winged liner look and ChapStick.
Sitting in my room with Jamie, she was ordering pizza for everyone tonight. "Save me a slice" I mentioned looking up from my own phone.

"You are going out to eat, though?" she seemed a bit confused.

She was right though, I was—looking at her I smiled softly, "he wants to go to a fancy restaurant, and I know this place. . . They offer small dishes for an insane price, so I am not wanting order a lot, so, save me a slice" she did a salute as she ordered.

Knocking at my bedroom door, I pulled it open thinking I would be met with Nick, telling me to stop hogging his girlfriend—instead I was met with Noah's eyes as they widened at the sight of me. "Going out?" he frowned noting the outfit once more.

"She has a date" Jamie piped in from the bed.

His eyes grew dark, his gaze on me feeling like it was lighting my skin on fire. "A date?" he asked a bit more sternly.

"Yes, I have a date" my heart felt like it was going to explode in my chest with how fast it was racing, "I actually need to get going to my date" I gulped going to push past him, grabbing my arm, butterflies erupted as I met his stare. "What happened to talking?" his voice was low, but we both knew Jamie was listening—especially since she was the one to see what had happened.

Shrugging him off, I wanted to hide from him but there was no use to it. "We can talk another time, I have a date. . . Jamie set me up on a blind date, so if you'll excuse me" he didn't stop me this time, not as I brushed past him—my hand sliding over his torso as I didn't look back. I knew he was watching though, the gaze I could feel burning onto my back left me needing to cool down before I even left the house.

After getting a cab, of course arguing with Nick that a cab was more than fine since he had offered to drive me, or one of the guys—Noah would have been first to jump in just as he looked at me. I declined them all, getting my cab and now waiting for the date at a table inside. The restaurant had a very romantic feel to it, something I wasn't sure about since I spent less than half an hour getting ready for a date—where if I were going out with a friend or to a show it would take me nearly two hours to get ready.
Looking over the menu, I fought the cringe that tried crawling up my back seeing just how much the prices were. You must be Faith" startled I looked up, "I'm. . I am Alex" he extended his hand.

Accepting his hand I stood up—him and I were similar in height which didn't bother me, I wasn't one to care about that. "Oh!" I said, "nice to meet you, I am Faith" I smiled as we both took a seat across from one another.

Alex was nice on the eyes, he had blonde hair slicked back as his eyes were a shade of ocean blue. "So, since this is our first-time meeting, tell me what you do for work?" he asked glancing at the shirt I wore.

The gaze that lingered for a moment on my chest had me feeling more uneasy at the start—maybe I was reading it wrong? Clearing my throat, his eyes met mine as a small smile appeared on his face. "I work for social media; I help edit videos and make schedules. I work on podcasts and go from there" I said sitting back a bit. "How about you?"

Going to say something, his phone buzzed in his pocket before he checked it. The waiter asking us what we were feeling like, I ordered a glass of wine—feeling like it was going to be well needed today.
Once he was off his phone, he looked at me with an expression I couldn't put a finger on. "Where were we?" he smiled.

We both had managed to order food as he began describing his work to me. I had ordered a small chicken salad since that was the cheapest on the menu and even then, it was more than I could afford—my glass of wine tasted like a couple drinks at a club for the price. Alex would ramble on and on about his work, and how he is planning to take over for his father one day—looking at his outfit, I could see he didn't put much effort into this as well, he wore a white dress shirt that had floral print on it while he had that tucked into his jeans as well as cowboy boots to wear as well. Furrowing my brow, I cut him off without thinking. "So how do you know Jamie?" I questioned feeling like I already knew.

"Oh, my friend Sam" he smiled brightly at the mention of her name. Fighting my groan I smiled all the same as I took another big gulp of wine. "So, what kind of stuff are you into?" again, eyes travelling down my body as he asked the question.

Trying not to snap at him, I looked at him before opening my mouth. "Well, I mean it isn't easy being a rockstars little sister, I like music of course but I always get assumed for being like my brother or copying him-- and the number of times I get asked about free tickets" I chuckled rolling my eyes.

Alex nodded his head, "so no chance of me getting tickets then" he sat back in his own seat taking a sip of wine. His phone buzzed but for once he ignored it, he began rambling on about all he liked which we shared nothing in common. Leaning on my hand I studied the man speaking to me—he wasn't hard to look at, but I would rather look at the eyes made of ember as they watched me even from afar.
Shaking my head of thought, I could feel my mind continuing the drift of the face I would rather see.
His tattoos on display as he wore an outfit that complimented him, his dark hair falling in front of his face as he moved with a smile. Or how his lips felt on my own as he had me against the wall, like I was the only thing keeping him grounded.

I was only an hour into this date, and I knew there wasn't going to be a second one. "Excuse me, I am going to use the restroom" I said politely as I excused myself, Alex seeming slightly relieved as he pulled out his phone without a second thought.
Getting into the bathroom, I pulled out my own phone clicking Jamie's name and sending her a text.

Faith: You didn't tell me you knew him from Sam. This date is going horrible, I need you to call me in like two minutes with an excuse to get me out of this.

Jamie: Is it really that bad?

Faith: Jamie, the man won't stop undressing me with his eyes.

Sigh of relief as she texted me she would call me in two minutes.
Getting back to the table, once again I was being undressed by the eyes as Alex leaned forward—his hand going under the table since we were close to one another, his hand trailing circles on the inside of my thigh—I had worn jean shorts and fishnet tights. This was going terribly, the phone ringing I bit back the urge to almost cry with relief as I smiled apologetically to Alex who didn't look amused at all. "Hello?" I said.

"Pretend I got in a fight and need you to come get me from a club" she said over the phone, I could hear her chewing on most likely would-be pizza.

"Oh, okay, I will be right there" I said hanging up—Alex sized me up as I beckoned the waiter and asked for my receipt, of course choking as soon as I saw it was one hundred dollars for one glass of wine and a stupid salad and didn't even fill me up. "I'm really sorry, my friend needs me—she is in trouble and needs me to go get her" biting back the curse since I did take a cab here I would need to sneak away from him long enough where he didn't notice.

Standing after paying for his, he nodded his head. "Maybe after that, you can come back to my place, and we can continue" he said as he once again looked at my chest.

"Ugh. . ." what did I say? Before I could think of it, he tried leaning in—backing away before his lips could meet mine, I watched as his eyes opened to a whole new person, he was angry. "I need. . . I need the restroom" I would hide in there all night or crawl out the damn window if I had to.
Going to the ladies' room, I closed the door as he watched from the other room, this was the worst date I ever been on, I think I liked the guy who stood me up more then I liked him. Pushing open the window, I looked around as I slumped myself out into the alley—some of the workers were watching me, stunned. "You try going out with a guy like I just did and tell me you wouldn't do the same thing!" I bit back as I headed down the alley towards the busy street away from the restaurant.

Getting home was easy enough, entering the house I sighed with relief to know I was in my own safety haven again, never needing to worry about Alex. Going straight for the kitchen where the smell of pizza lingered, I plucked the note from Jamie off the box.

Gone to a club with the guys. Enjoy your pizza.

Grabbing a slice, I groaned as my stomach rumbled from hunger—that would be one place I will not be going back to anytime soon. "How was your date?" Noah's voice broke the silence I was craving in that moment.

Looking at him as I took another bite of my pizza I shrugged my shoulders. "I ended up sneaking out the bathroom window, he got very mad by the looks of it when I wouldn't kiss him, and I don't appreciate being ignored so he could be on his phone. . . Or the fact he was touching me under the table as he wanted to undress me with his eyes" I didn't fight the shudder as I recalled the memory.

Noah's eyes widened as he looked at me. "He tried to touch you?" he asked.

"Relax, I would have kicked him if he tried to do it again" not a lie entirely—after my ex I didn't like being touched unless I felt safe with the person, a person who was now standing in the same room as me.

"Okay, so can we talk?" he asked stepping into my bubble as he leaned against the counter.

"I don't know, why were you so pressed about me going on this date, anyways? Finishing off my pizza slice I grabbed a drink from the fridge to wash it down with.

His eyes remained on me as he studied my every move, almost as if he was worried I would run away. "I was annoyed because we needed to talk" he said, tone shifting into more of an annoyed tone.

"About what? The fact the kiss wasn't supposed to happen, or how you feel guilty because your date was still in the same area and then in your bed that very night?" I hated my tone, but it was the truth, he couldn't keep playing these games with me, I wasn't a toy—not again.

Noah shook his head, "you are impossible!"

"Why? Are you that worried I am going to go after Nicholas or Jolly next? That I would somehow make them get a crush on me so they could pin me against the wall and kiss me?" his eyes grew darker as he gulped most likely to drown out the memory. "Forgive me if it is hard to speak to you Noah, it's hard to know what you feel when you let another girl into your bed right after kissing me" pushing past him I went downstairs to my room.

An hour or so later, I had music playing as I sorted through work emails to stay ahead of myself. Knocking at my door, calling for them to open it I watched as the door swung open to reveal Noah. Crossing my arms I watched as he slid his hands out of his pockets. "I didn't sleep with Sam, not like that—she wanted to, and I told her no. . . When I took her home today, after she dragged me around everywhere, I told her we couldn't see one another anymore."

Mouth falling open slightly, part of me didn't want to believe what he was telling me. "That's not fair, not for her but. . . God Noah, ever since you kissed me that is all I could think about, even on my stupid date that was supposed to help me forget you!" I wanted to scream, anything.

Nodding his head, he stepped into my room ever so slightly. "Ever since I kissed you, I have been terrified, not because you are Nick's little sister but because it reminded me just how much I like you and that is what scared me, Fae—I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and when you ran from us crying I never wanted to hate myself more."

"Noah, you are Nick's best friend" I reminded him, trying to level some sense into him.

Stepping closer to me, he nodded his head once more. "I know, I know. . . But, I can't stop thinking about you, about the kiss" his eyes dropped to my lips but not any lower before they met mine again.

The glow in his eyes were the ember I recognized as it burned with emotion, something that lured me into his trap every time wanting more, wanting to know more. Shaking my head, I looked up at him.
"Noah. . ."