8: Home alone.

Authors note: Thank you all for reading and loving this story, I am happy to say Limits has hit 2k reads—this isn't me bragging, I love being open with you guys and these are personal milestones I set for myself that I love sharing with you, so a huge thank you is always in order.

Another week, another email sent, video edited and work that I always complete before afternoon hits—I had been waking up pretty early to work on things, before the guys woke up and of course started messing around.
I would make myself toaster waffles and a coffee, and usually carried my laptop around the house with me to always get the ball rolling. Nick would of course tease me saying I was married to my work.
"Are you sure you don't want to come with us to the lake house?" Nick asked as he tossed the last of his bags to the ground to head out.

Smiling, I nodded my head.
The guys were going to the lake house with Jamie for a few days, said it was good to remind them there is more then just the house they have, I of course declined—not that I wouldn't go, but more the fact it was going to be a busy time there and I needed to relax, and be away from my brother as much as I love him.
"I am sure, go, have fun and catch all those fish" I smiled up at my brother as I hugged him, "plus some home time alone will be good."

Going to say something, Nick was cut off by the sound of honking outside, meaning Jamie was here to pick them up. Hugging me once more, he grabbed his bags and headed out the door where Jolly and Nicholas were already climbing into the car, Jolly getting the front seat earning a groan from Nick who was too late on calling it.

Chuckling, I waved them off before returning to the counter in the kitchen where I turned up my music and continued some edits I needed to do—I had gotten some photos of myself done in the clothing a brand had gave me for their promotion, singing along to my music I began bobbing my head along.
With the late afternoon now upon us, my stomach would growl to let me know I am hungry and needed more fuel for my body.
Pulling out some veggies deciding a stir-fry mock up sounded good I began doing what needed to be done, once in the pan I turned my music up as I poured myself some juice—I had gotten a bottle of wine to have while the others were away, home to myself meant I could enjoy some wine and read a book or even watch a movie, we'd see how fancy I felt when the time came.

Singing along to my music some more, it felt nice to be home—if I were with my ex I wouldn't even be allowed to listen to my music, only whatever he was working on or what ever game he was currently screaming at.
"Nice moves" whirling myself around after letting out a yelp, my eyes widened when I saw Noah standing there.

Fixing myself, I looked at him as he slid his hands into the pockets of his sweater. I thought he went with the others, thinking back to the moment—I silently cursed when I realized I never saw him enter the car, part of me assumed he was the first one in and I couldn't see him.
"I—Noah, I thought you went with the others?" I said scratching my head.

Shaking his own head, he glanced at the food I had made. "Smells good" he smiled softly.

"Oh, you want some?" I gestured as I grabbed a plate, one for him as well, "I made enough thinking I was alone and I could have the rest at dinner, I don't mind sharing" I said.

"I wouldn't want to ruin your plans" he held his hands up.

Turning to him, I handed him a plate before doing my own up and setting it down on the counter. "I thought you went with the others; you know—a band thing. . ." chewing some food I didn't want to meet eye contact with him.

Keeping his own eyes down on his food, he shrugged his shoulders. "I assumed you were going to be with Jamie" his voice was low.

Did Noah have a crush on Jamie, was that why he wasn't going? Part of me clocked that little tidbit away before smiling softly. "I thought I would stay home, work on stuff you know—maybe read a book."

"Your smutty romance novels?" he laughed as he took a bite of food.

Cheeks heating up, I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe smutty romance novels are what I wanted for my time away from others, plus, I didn't want to go day drinking at the lake with my brother, god drinking was not something I wanted for a while" I said.

Face scrunching, he looked at the fridge, "you have a bottle of wine though?"

"Yeah, and I am not getting wine drunk, not drunk in the slightest. I was going to have a small glass of wine, read or watch some movies while working when I can—truthfully, after last time and waking up not even remembering half the night, I don't plan on drinking for a long while" or at least not that hard.

Noah nodded as he pushed his empty plate away. "Well, you were pretty out of it that night, but. . ." he met his eyes with my own, "I did listen to yours and Jamie's podcast" his smile warmed my heart and hurt it at the same time, he had feelings for Jamie.

"Oh, what did you think? It was new for me, I never got to be behind the mic or anything so it was pretty scary" the thought of Noah actually listening to the podcast erupted butterflies in my stomach, he mentioned he would give it a listen and part of me thought he was joking.

Hand running through his hair his chuckle sent goosebumps down my arms. "It was good, I liked it—you did really well with it and I think you and Jamie are great as a podcast team, I don't think I ever heard her laugh as much" guilt as a spark of jealousy sparked through me, maybe I was reading Noah wrong maybe he did have a crush on someone else.

Putting both our plates in the dishwasher, I cleaned up the stove top and counter, I could feel Noah's eyes on my back. "I am glad you scared me; I mean. . . In a weird way" I said.

Turning to face him, Noah had a brow arched, "oh?" he questioned.

Chewing my bottom lip I nodded my head playing with my hands. How come I was always so nervous around him, even when I was younger I would get so nervous, granted teenage Fae couldn't even speak to him, and if I did the stutter was always there as well as tripping over my words—where now, I just was nervous but least could form sentences. "I mean, what happens if I thought I was alone, kind of throws my plan of walking around the house naked out the window" I joked.

Noah's half smile showed as his eyes glanced over my body before meeting mine. "I am glad I saw you when I did then, who's to say I wasn't planning the same thing" my mouth hung open as my cheeks turned red, "I am kidding, Fae, were you?"

Heart racing, I nodded my head almost frantically as I laughed, or tried to laugh it off. "Of course! I wouldn't ever walk around naked" not a lie, there were some scans on my body from the abuse of my ex I endured that I preferred to have covered, more for my sanity.

Tapping his fingers on the counter, he nodded his head. "Good, cause if Nick found out I think he would end us before hearing us out" Noah chuckled as he headed towards the stairs. "The podcast was good; you should think about more work with Jamie—you two bring out something in one another" Noah called before heading up the stairs.

I loved working with Jamie, but I didn't want to work with her for the sake of anyone else—and especially if Noah had a crush on her, her and I were close friends now and part of me felt guilty at the fact she liked Nick and Nick liked her but also that Noah also might like her?
This was going to be a long few days.