29: Headed for disaster

Author's Note: Hi friends, thank you all for the patience and love you have been sending me. Limits hit the 22k read milestone and I won't lie; I bawled seeing it knowing how loved this story is and how loved Faith is. For those who are interested, please feel free to follow as I do post more updates on my message board regarding my stories. I am currently working on Fell In A Concrete Jungle alongside these and have been enjoying working on more then one project. Thank you all for your patience and love, I truly adore you all for it.

"Faith" my name spoken softly stirred me from my slumber as I kept my eyes closed, unsure if my mind had indeed heard someone mentioning my name. "Fae, hey" it was someone saying my name—opening my eyes, I blinked at the sunlight coming through the curtain as the face in front of me cleared from the brain-fog I was in.
Noah smiled as he looked at me, his fingers lazily running through my brown hair as he was kneeling on the floor in front of my bed. "Hey, sorry to wake you—we are heading out to see our friends' concert tonight, you and Jamie are going to meet us there later on, but I wanted to come see you before we left" his voice was a whisper almost, as if the whole house was still asleep.

"What time is it?" I questioned blinking away the remainder of my tiredness.

Noah glanced at my clock on the nightstand. "Eight, you can go back to sleep darling—we are heading out because we are going to get food with the band" Noah said softly.

"What band am I meant to be seeing tonight?" it was hard to keep up with who played where when you worked somewhat in the industry.

The smirk on his face was devilish which sent chills along my spine as his eyes warmed at the sight of me. "I Prevail, they invited us to their show tonight" my eyes widened at that, I loved their music and Jamie had been mentioning about trying to get them on her podcast, the name had me sitting up on my elbow as Noah let out a loose chuckle.

"You're kidding me right? We get to see I Prevail, oh my god. . . You know how long I have been listening to them!" Noah stood himself up, smile still on his face seeing the excitement bubble inside of me.

"I remember you showing us them, you and your old friend used to beg Nick to get large enough so you could see us tour with them" the memory floated in my mind as I nodded my head. "Well, Jamie has your passes upstairs, we are going to go eat with them, but we will see you two later on, text me when you guys leave" he leaned down placing his lips on mine.

Feeling his warmth had me craving more. Tugging him into the bed, he laughed as he lay on top of me, his lips still on my own. "Now, I can't get too riled up—I am supposed to be meeting your brother" Noah said between the kiss as his hand ran up the side of my body.

Groaning I pulled away looking at him. "Mentioning my brother is not exactly sexy you know" he laughed as he got off the bed, kissing me once more before looking down at me.

"We can continue this tonight, I'll make it up to you, have you saying my name the way you do" he winked earning a blush burning on my cheeks at the promise of desire.

Noah headed out, and I managed to get about another two hours of sleep, not easily as the man invaded my dreams leaving me longing for his touch and the feeling of his skin on my own. Sliding out of my bed, I got dressed in dark ripped skinny jeans as I slid on black doc martins. Looking for a shirt to wear, I smiled as I pulled out a black crop top that had the middle of the shirt cut out a bit so you could see the part of my cleavage in a heart shape, of course it wasn't too much skin shown and It was a cute shirt for sure. My brown hair I curled loosely as I applied some smokey makeup around my brown eyes, it was a great concert outfit.
Going upstairs, I was greeted by Jamie sitting at the kitchen counter, her bag all packed and ready to go. "I was wondering if you were ever going to wake-up, you look hot" she noted the outfit.

Jamie wore shorts with fishnets underneath, her makeup complimented her tanned skin as she also wore a black tank top which framed her figure beautifully. "Noah woke me up, he told me we are seeing I Prevail" I said grabbing a bowl of fruit from the fridge I had made the other night. "Thanks, I am making Noah suffer for ruining our moment this morning—we were going somewhere, and he had to spoil it so I am making him suffer before we enjoy what could have been this morning, to later tonight" I chewed on my fruit enjoying the sweetness.

"Yeah trust me, Nick was the same way—are you excited, I heard this is one of your favorite bands?" Jamie smiled as she finished packing her to go bag.

"Nervous and excited, I never got the chance to see them live so I think I am more excited to be emersed in the music, meeting them is a bonus of course but their music helped me through a lot, especially with. . ." she knew I meant my ex and didn't need me to finish that sentence.

"Well, let's go—let's go have a great time listening to them and meeting them" she smiled as she grabbed her car keys. We had gotten me a secondhand car the other day and it drove nicely but since we were all going to be at the same location we decided taking more cars would just be a waste of parking spots for those who need them and used gas for us.

We sang along to the radio as we drove, Jamie rehearsing her greeting for her podcast as I texted Noah letting him know we were on our way to the venue now. "Are you ready?" Jamie asked parking the car in the parking lot about a block away from the venue, we wanted to walk over but also fans would know something was up if they saw Jamie and I, Jamie and Nick weren't quiet about their relationship unlike Noah and myself.

Nodding as I fixed my hair a bit, I followed her out into the sunny day, sliding sunglasses on we made our way down the block, acting as normal as we could as we walked past fans—some of them murmuring but not knowing who we were, when we got to the door a security guard opened it a bit earning gasps from the fans behind us as we showed the passes, sliding in feeling relief as fans spoke outside. "There she is!" we looked to see Nick jogging up before engulfing Jamie in an embrace, spinning her round.

"Nick, I am technically working!" laughed Jamie as she got back to her feet.

"Don't worry, we will act professionally in the podcast" my head turned so fast I was surprised I didn't get whiplash as Eric from I Prevail stepped out with Noah, drink in their hands as they smiled at us.

"Eric, this is Jamie my girlfriend and this is my sister Faith, she's been into you guys for years now" he nudged me earning a glare as I tried acted composed.

"I see your videos; you are great at editing" his compliment threw me off guard as I looked down in shock but excitement as well.

They led the way so we could set up the interview with both Brian and Eric, they were kind and helped us set up in the green room. Plugging in the mic and handing it to Noah, I smiled softly as his eyes kept going back to look at my shirt. "Can you test to make sure it is good, do something, say something, sing something anything" it was just us in the green room as the others were just checking on the stage and doing a small tour.

Noah smirking held the microphone to him. "I miss the way you say my name, the way you bend, the way you break—your makeup running down your face, the way you fuck, the way you taste" knowing what he was trying to do, my cheeks burned as I looked up at him, "how's that?" he asked putting the mic down on the table.

"It was good" he leant down about to kiss me when I pulled away, his confusion showed. "Not here, please—I promise when we get home."

He seemed to understand.
Jamie and the others joined, before Eric and Brian were the only ones as the others went to hangout by the stage for a bit. Jamie sat beside me as Brian and Eric sat opposite, both of them smiling as the camera started rolling. "Welcome back to the podcast everyone—my name is Jamie and today I have Faith Folio who has been working alongside me for a bit now, today we are getting the privilege to chat with no other than Eric and Brian from I Prevail who seem to be taking the scene by storm as well, welcome and thank you for joining us today" Jamie said smiling at the members who sat with us.

Brian held the microphone for him and Eric as he smiled waving at the camera. "Our pleasure, it's so nice to meet you both—I heard great things about you both, and I am a fan of the podcast" Jamie and I smiled at that.

We began working on questions, joking around, and laughing—it felt like I was with friends rather than one of my favorite bands. "I heard Faith, you been listening to us for years?" Eric asked sipping on his cup of water.

"Guilty, I showed my brother you guys actually when I was a teenager, I started listening to you guys when I was fifteen, and even now at twenty-three you guys still are my top played band" I was honest.

Both Brian and Eric grinned as they looked around, "well—Nick told us that the other week, we thought we would do something special for you" furrowing my brows I watched as they pulled out a record, it was like a record the band would get gifted when they hit a certain amount of plays—only as I studied it I saw the gold plaque of their albums together and underneath was my name with the writing 'our biggest supporter' "We thought this would be perfect for you, we all signed it and we would like to present it to you."

I was speechless as I accepted the gift, it was beautiful and I didn't know how to feel. "You truly have no idea how touched I am for this, thank you" I said admiring the gift my favorite band had just handed me. "You didn't have to do this, but I appreciate it so much, you guys' care for your fans and I love how you interact with them, I will say this is my first time seeing you guys live, so I am excited to be rocking out to all my favorite songs with you guys" I smiled.

"Well, let's not let you down then" Eric chuckled.

I'd say the rest of the day and evening went smoothly. We all hung out, I even snuck away long enough to put the gift in Jamie's car before getting back in, fans murmuring as I stepped past, but I think they thought I worked with the band instead of my brother being friends with them—that still blew my mind, knowing Nick was friends with them.
We all ate dinner, watched the opening acts play and enjoyed their shows. Nick had a beer enjoying his time with his one drink of the night as he headbanged and sang at the top of his lungs.

And when I Prevail hit that stage I couldn't help but dance and sing along, it felt like I was that teenager in my room once more listening to them on repeat and wanting to escape my troubles through them. It was the band that helped me through my hard times like so many were helped through with Bad Omens, it was the band I listened to when my ex hurt me in ways I couldn't open myself to admit, it was the band I listened to when I needed something to get me through.
Singing along to their song hurricane I smiled at Jamie who sang along with me, I didn't know where Nick or Noah went assuming they went for a drink or something.
"And I don't know why I drown my mind it got the best of me" Jamie and I sang at the top of our lungs, feeling hands brush past us, we looked to see Noah and Nick walking on the stage both of us screaming along with the fans as Brian and Eric welcome them to the stage.

"With your life on the line, ready to die for something—when you're at the divide and you're down to nothing, look into my eyes—believe me that the storm is coming down" both Noah and Eric even Nick did the unclean vocals having myself and Jamie grabbing one another in excitement seeing our partners on that stage.
"Believe me that the storm is coming down! Down, down, down—it's coming down" all three of them pretty much growled together, the fans were screaming as Brian began the next set of clean vocals.

Noah and Nick waved the fans off then headed back to myself and Jamie who were still singing along. I didn't know what to say besides excitedly hugging them both.
The next came to an end and I wished the band well, as Jamie and I made our way back to the house—I was exhausted but my emotions ran high—tonight was perfect, and I got to share it with Noah which made it better in my mind.
It was nearing midnight when Noah came down the stairs to the basement, meeting him in my doorway I smiled up at him as he had his own grin. "I like your gift; I hope you had a good time tonight" Noah said gesturing to the gift that was now on my desk ready to be hung most likely in my office.

"I had the best night tonight; you have no idea—seeing you sing one of my favorite songs was actually really hot and I just. . . Tonight was amazing" I hugged him tightly admiring how warm he felt.

The weather outside had turned into a storm when we came back, Noah held me as we stayed silent listening to the thunder. "I am glad you had a great night; you also look incredible; I couldn't stop thinking about you all night" he said leaning down our lips touching barely.

Smirking I looked into his warm brown eyes that shared the same happiness I had. "I wanted that, since you so rudely left this morning—I wanted you to think about tonight" I said breathlessly into the air between our lips.

"Mhm, well it worked" he chuckled leaning down as his lips found mine.

Reacting, I pulled him closer as I kissed him back—hearts beating as one as we continued the kiss. "Hey—what the fuck?" pulling away my heart stopped in that moment when I realized who's voice that was, turning my head and in that moment all my fears came true as Nick stood there, eyes wide with anger. "What the fuck?"