34: I . . .

Authors note: THANK YOU. We hit 30k reads and I wept when seeing it. I love Faith with all my being and knowing you all love her just as much has my heart soaring, thank you all for the love and support. Another thing, if you are interested in learning when updates are, please feel free to follow! I post on my board often on what books will be updated and when! 

Jamie and I spent a few days on that futon. She would hangout with me reading our trashy novels as the guys did their own thing, Noah would come hangout with us as well as my mom who had gone home the other night. It was nice having my mom here, but it was nice knowing she didn't need to stress too much, but judging how Nick walked in the door the other night I knew our mother gave him an earful at least—good, it meant I didn't need to.
When both Noah and Jamie weren't around me, Nick would come sit with me—both of us not speaking to one another, trying to see who I suppose would be the first to speak.
Groaning as I sat up, Noah looked up from where he lay at the end of the futon scrolling his phone. "Are you in pain?" he questioned knowing how stubborn I was. Not wanting to admit it, I shrugged him off only wincing once I sat up some more. "You are!" he said lifting himself from his spot before grabbing some pain relievers. "Take two and drink some water" he said holding my water bottle out to me.

Sipping the water, I noticed Nick enter the room—he carried a small bag of food before placing it in front of me. "You need to eat something" he said not even looking towards Noah.

"Noah, can you give us a minute?" he nodded as he slid himself off the futon and headed to Jolly's room most likely as he had been working on some new music for the last few days. "Sit down Folio" he seemed surprised at the use of our last name. "You need to get over yourself, I mean it Nick."

"Wow, not even a simple getting into it—just straight into the deep end, huh?" he puffed out the air that was in his cheeks.

Crossing my arms, I looked at my brother who held so much of the same resemblance as I did. "You need to stop being a jack-ass and also go apologize to Jamie who by the way thinks you are broken up or hate her" my voice lowered so no one else could hear us.

His face scrunched, "I didn't break up with her—and I don't hate her, I am pissed that she knew and didn't tell me!" he argued back.

"Because it wasn't her place to tell you Nick! God, Noah even wanted to tell you and he didn't because I begged them not to tell you."

"Did they know about your ex?"

"Yes" his nostrils flared, something he did often when he was annoyed. "Once again, I begged them to not tell anyone—Jamie was the first to know, her and I opened up about some rough stuff the night we went drinking, just after the first time I appeared on her podcast. That was the same night I admitted to Noah I had a crush on him, he tried to forget it since I was drunk and even I didn't remember telling him" Nick squirmed on the spot he sat. "If you want someone to be mad at Nick—" opening the food he got me, it was a sandwich he got from his favorite local spot, taking a bite, I finished my sentence, "—be mad at me, not them."

"It's not that easy, Fae—you're my sister, Noah was supposed to be my best friend and he knew family was off limits, and Jamie knew about all of this it makes me feel like she is hiding more from me."

"She isn't, trust me. And Nick, I am twenty-three, you can't pick and choose everything for me, and Noah is a grown adult as well, if we don't make it then we remain friends—we spoke about this" not entirely, both of us hated the topic and tended to avoid it as much as possible.

Noah came down the stairs, sweater in hand. "I need to run to the store, do you need anything?" he said leaning on the edge of the futon, looking intently at me.

Cheek's blushing, I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe something sweet, surprise me" I said looking at him.

Noah nodded his head before leaning in and placing a gentle kiss on my lips, still worried I would fall apart if he kissed me too rough. "Got it—I'll be right back, I love you" all of us froze as soon as those words slipped from his lips.

My eyes were wide, mouth hanging open as I tried to get my mind working again. "You love her?" Nick questioned so silently I nearly missed him saying it.

Noah's eyes slid to Nick's, I could see the fear he hid in them as he watched my brother stand from the futon—for a second even my own heart stopped as Nick went around the futon and stopped in front of Noah. "I-I do, yes" Noah said looking down at my brother. "I love her, Nick" he seemed more confident in saying it this time.

"I love him too, Nick" my mind finally spluttered out of shock as I looked at them, "I mean what I told you—if something happened, we wouldn't make it weird, we would be friends, right Noah?" I said looking up at him.

He nodded his own head, unsure of what to make of my words but knowing in the moment he needed to say something to ease my brother's mind. "Yeah, of course, nothing bad will happen if we don't work out" but part of me didn't know if that was entirely true at all.

Nick looked between us once more before sighing, "hurt her Sebastian and I swear to god I will never forgive you" his voice was lethally calm.

My body was surprised, looking at Nick I watched him. "Does this mean you approve?"

"This means I won't hate the idea, but I am not totally in love with it either, it will take some time to get used to" he admitted.

I wanted to hug him but moving my body caused a protest in my aching muscles. "Oh my god, I love you—you big idiot!" I laughed, "now go fix your relationship with your girlfriend who's been camping in my room, but do not have sex on my bed!" I yelled at him as he headed for the stairs.
Silence settled between Noah and I, I looked up at him feeling my heart pound underneath my ribs. "So, you love me?" I asked playing with the ends of my hair.

He softly smiled down at me, leaning in placing another gentle kiss as he held my chin between his thumb and forefinger, "I love you" he said pulling away, but the smile on his face told me he wished it was endless.
Watching as he headed out to run his errand, my cheeks burned still at the thought of his words. But quickly was dismissed when my ex's name popped up on the screen.
Heard you need to be taken care of, come home and I can help.