32: Forty-eight hours.

Authors note: I just wanted to say a huge thank you for 27k reads. I truly am blown away and I am so grateful for all of you supporting this story and loving Faith as much as I love writing and bringing her to life. Please remember Limits is going to be two-parts as I didn't want to write a separate sequel, I am going to be splitting this up and believe me when I say we are almost upon the second act. Thank you all once more for all the love and support, I love seeing you all so happy when I post a chapter of this.

Forty-eight hours in the hospital. My mom would spend most of her days here with Nick visiting and Noah hadn't left since arriving. He lived in clothes Jolly had brought when dropping my mom off one visit. The Doctors would come in to check on me and we even managed to walk down the hallway before I felt like collapsing onto the floor- they told me I was doing good. Noah every step of the way encouraging me as he rooted for me on the sides.
Panting as I took a seat back on the hospital bed, my hair stuck to my forehead from the sweat—I used to be able to walk easily and now I struggled. "Well good news Faith" Dr. Hoffman smiled as she entered the room, "you are free to go home, I can sign the discharge papers and have you out of here in the next few minutes" her smile was welcoming.

She worked hard with me these last two days, and hearing her say it was over brought in fear I didn't even know lingered, I was wanting to go home to be in something comfortable, even if that home didn't feel exactly like a welcoming home right now. Gulping I looked at my mom and Noah who seemed more than excited to hear that phrase. "Oh—okay, yeah that's great" I smiled feeling the nerves inside of me bubbling.

"Oh you must be so excited Fae!" my mom smiled patting my hand, "I'll go bring the car around!" she was using Nick's car while she was here.

Nodding softly at her, I watched as she hurried out of the room, hardly able to contain her excitement to be able to take me home out of this place. Dr. Hoffman joined me once more as Noah gathered my things together. "Okay Faith, I wrote a prescription for pain killers because believe me you will need them" that was an understatement. "I want you on bedrest for a little while, let your body heal a bit—only get up and walk no more then five minutes for the first week and then we can increase it, if you have any trouble please feel free to come back in—and you will need someone to take care of you, is there anyone at home who can do that?" she asked writing down the instructions of my care.

Noah nodded his head as he raised his hand. "Boyfriend here to make sure that happens, I'll take good care of her doc'" she smiled at his enthusiasm.

Getting to the threshold of the door, I stopped as the doctor and Noah kept speaking, my head spun as my heart race increased—what happens if it happens again? What happens if this time, I don't make it out or I make it out or my mom, even Noah don't?
My breathing became shallow as I gripped the frame of the door, both Noah and Doctor Hoffman noticing. "Faith?" she asked carefully, "are you okay, are you in pain?" she stepped closer to me, gently holding my arm.

"Wh-what happens if it happens again, what happens if the accident is worse, or I don't make it or my mom. . . Noah" he frowned seeing the panic taking me over. "I-I can't leave, I still have stitches that need to heal and—and if I leave then I am bound to get hurt again, drivers aren't safe." I felt my breathing burning my lungs as my words rushed out of me.

Noah stepped closer, holding my hand as he knelt down so he was eye level. "You're right Fae, it is dangerous from cars to drivers, driving is dangerous, the road and sharing it is dangerous. . . You are right, but Fae baby listen to me" I looked at his brown eyes that filled with emotion as soon as mine met his. "It will be scary, and you are allowed to feel scared, but I will be with you, for however long it takes I will be with you, and I promise when we walk out those doors I will hold your hand all the way home, I will sit in the back with you, and I will hold you if it makes you feel a little more secure. Faith, it is scary and truthfully I am scared to, but I swear we will get there, and we will get home and settle in, so, when you're ready we are going to walk out those doors hand in hand and we will remain hand in hand until we walk in the doors of our home" my eyes welled as I nodded.

A few deep breaths and I nodded once more, "okay. . . Let's go" both Doctor Hoffman and Noah smiled letting me get into the wheelchair as we headed outside, my mom was parked ready for us.
Climbing into the backseat, Noah kept his promise as he climbed into the middle seat buckling me in before himself, his hand held mine rubbing circles with his thumb.

When my mom began driving I closed my eyes feeling my nerves begging to rise as Noah squeezed my hand in reassurance, my mom would try talking to me to make me feel better and even Noah would occasionally but I could only mumble one or two word responses to them as all I could think about is how the last time I was in a car I nearly never made it out alive.
Feeling thankful we pulled into the parking spot of the house, I saw Jamie's car still there which made me thankful in a way, maybe my brother was coming to his senses?
Opening the door for me, my mother led the charge as Noah held my hand stepping in, being sure to help me with my steps. My eyes widened when I saw the futon bed pulled out in the living room from our L-shaped sofa as pillows littered the back of it as well as blankets covering it. My steps felt like weights attached to my feet. Noah helped me onto the futon, leaning in I could feel his breath on my ear—"good girl" his voice was so low I barely caught it myself.

Watching him straighten, I looked to see the others joining in the room. Nick smiling softly when he saw me before he leaned against the wall. "You have me to take care of you, tried making it as comfy as I could" he said looking around the living room.

Jamie stood a few feet away from him, she seemed nervous around him but as soon as she saw me she headed straight for the bed carefully taking a seat beside me. "Oh thank god, it feels nice to have women in this house again" she smiled up at my mom, who seemed more than happy to sit on the bed with Jamie and myself, "that being said, beat it guys—leave Fae to breathe and enjoy the company of her mother and best friend" Jamie flicked her wrist shoeing the others away. Nick was first to leave heading outside from what I gathered by his clothes, to work on his bike.

"Let me know if you need anything" Noah said looking at me.

Smiling softly I could only nod my head. "Go shower, Sebastian—you need one more then I do" he stuck his tongue out at me before heading towards the bathroom.

Some must have thought we would have broken out into gossip about the guys or even ask me how I was feeling but instead as soon as I lied back on the pillow I felt the exhaustion of the last few days washing over me, the weight of doing the simple small exercises and how draining that was on my body—Jamie and my mother spoke, but I couldn't help myself as their voices lulled me into a deep sleep.