7: Jealousy

Authors Note: Thank you all for the patience as I have been dealing with so much behind the scenes. I love writing my stories, and seeing all the outpouring of love you all share with me when it comes to the characters. We hit the 52k reads while I was away which blew my mind. When you guys vote or comment it appears on my phone so seeing the love this story still receives after all this time still warms my heart. Thank you all once more, truly.

His laugh filtered through the stage area as he was sound checking. I was by Matt's system making sure the lights were good from where I stood as well as waiting for Jamie to arrive with a coffee for me since she and my brother both wanted something to eat.
Watching as his body swayed with his beat, my heart felt like it was led inside of my chest knowing he was no longer the person I could run to when I needed or bury my face in his chest when the world became too much, and I needed one second of comfort.
He was sound checking the grey—a song his voice was always so beautiful on, one that always had my heart breaking but mending in so many ways. Noah's eyes finally opened, landing straight on me as he continued. My cheeks heated at the stare but too desperate to not look away, he hadn't spoken to me, hadn't even looked at me since we had split and this felt like a moment I never wanted to escape, one I could drown in and let it consume every ounce of me.

"That was good!" Matt hollered from his system before waving to Noah that we had what we needed.

Leaning back from the microphone, his eyes remained on mine as I stood there unsure what to do with myself. The way he looked at me felt like my skin was on fire, with pleasure and embarrassment but he stood there, pushing the hair from his face before turning as a touring employee began speaking to him, his smile to her warmed and the fire that was set to my skin was drenched in icy jealousy as I watched him interact. "Aren't they cute?" Ray said stepping up beside me, he smelt like whiskey and cigarettes from the bus party his band had the other night, they had invited the other bands and the others besides Bad Omens did accept.

I didn't want to be spiteful, being happy for Noah was something I wanted. But the girl gripped his arm as she laughed at something he said, and the smile on his face remained the way it always had been. He was moving on, this had to be his way of forcing me to move on as well.
"I guess, did you guys get your merch set up?" the bitterness in my voice was always going to be there for Ray—I don't think I was capable of feeling anything but bitter when it came to him.

He shrugged his shoulders. Kayden, Shaun and Luke, all eyed us from the exit as if waiting to see if Ray would go smoke with them. "We have someone for that, not our problem what staff do" he brushed past me, making sure he was as close as he could before stalking off to his friends and smiling brightly.

Somethings never change. "You okay?" Looking to the side of me, Nicholas stepped up from the doorway he must have been lingering.

Putting on that famous Faith Folio smile, I nodded my head as we exited the stage area together. Seeing the worker for Joker King finally putting out the merch had my stomach clenching; they treated their staff like trash and by the looks of it they weren't organized either. "Who was the girl Noah was speaking to?" since Jamie and I only worked part time with the guys mainly as we worked on the podcast it was still a learning curve trying to remember everyone's names.

On instinct, he looked back to the stage that was now empty. "Quin? She is one of the new ones, she was with Joker King but moved over to our team." Nicholas studied for a moment, "Fae-- when he wasn't looking at her, he was looking at you" Nicholas kept his voice low as we took a seat in the corner where there was less noise.

He was trying to make me feel better and part of me wanted to believe him, but I also knew Noah would never forgive me, I hadn't caused that kiss but he was stubborn at times so I would never get the chance to explain it to him either. "Did you see the party the guys threw last night?" I needed to forget Noah.

Nicholas rolled his eyes at the comment. "You mean smelt it today? For a small band, they sure use their money a lot of times on booze, part of me is worried they are dipping into their merch sale funds that are meant to pay their whole crew" he picked at a piece of string he found on his shirt.

It wouldn't shock me if that was exactly what the band were doing. When I lived with Ray most of my income went into feeding their alcohol nights. They told me it would be used for recording, and they'd maybe record one shitty guitar part than the rest would be them laughing and drinking. "When I lived with them that is pretty much all I was, their bank. He would brag saying they were going to be just as good as my brother, which they aren't-- and then he would keep me from the world unless it was with him or to buy him and those idiots' alcohol" Nicholas shook his head, disbelief showing on his face.
"Nicholas, I trust you not to tell anyone" His blue eyes met mine, but he nodded his head.

"If it gets bad, will you tell someone?" he asked, making my heart freeze.

Nodding on instinct, it was a habit. Something I have always done. "I will, I won't let him push me around this time" be he already knew he was; Ray had already seized all control on my life all by having that stupid video of me. It felt like I was a teenager again, everything I thought I was escaping from just comes back to haunt you.

Time went on, and the show played smoothly. Ray's band had issues with their sound, so Matt had to step in to help, of course Matt had no issues with it, but I did. He didn't realize what he did will go straight to their heads.
The cold night air hit me as I stepped outside, loading up the last of my stuff, feeling warmth behind me the scent of cologne that wasn't new to me drifted into my senses. "I promise it's put away properly" turning, Noah stood there his hands in his pockets of the sweats he had changed into as his hood was pulled over his head.

"You know coming outside when it is dark isn't safe right?" He was nervous by the sounds of it.

"You know I am a full-grown adult, who has a very good set of lungs" Noah smirked. "Do you need to test them out?" I offered, turning my body so I was now looking up at him.

His eyes lingered on me for a moment, his voice low as his tongue slid along his lips. "I know how well your lungs work, Faith—I have used them before" my cheeks burned at the memory of the times he would make me cry out for him.
The feeling was burning in my stomach, and I ached to touch him and show him the love I wanted to give all to him.

"You're my boss" my voice was soft as my brow furrowed, "wouldn't this be harassment?" He knew I wasn't serious, so instead he stepped closer to me, my back hitting the cold metal of the trailer.

"No, Faith because if you told me to stop right now I would, and you know that. So, tell me to stop" I could easily slide past him, but I made no movement to stop whatever he had planned. He saw the challenge in me, burning between us. "Tell me to stop, Faith" he stepped closer to me, the heat of his body warming.

Going to open my mouth, I watched as a shadow emerged. "Well, there you are baby" the nickname and voice had the fire inside of me recoiling as Noah took a step back from me, Ray stepping up to us with a cigarette in hand and smile on his face. "What were we talking about?" He glanced at Noah as if sizing him up.

I could smell the booze on him, Noah showed no emotion if he did or not. "Nothing, Noah and I were just speaking about work" his eyes that were once burning, turned to stone as if the trance he was in vanished.

"Yeah, asking if everyone is excited for the day off coming up" the lie slid right off his tongue which surprised me even.

Ray nodded, tossing his cigarette on the ground. "Right, well, I will see you in a bit" Ray leaned in kissing me which had me wanting to push him away desperately but the grip on my wrist had me nearly crying out in pain. Once he was happy, he pulled away before sauntering back to his crew that watched from their bus.

Noah looked at me once more, his face softening a bit at the sight of my brows furrowed. "Faith?" looking up at him, I couldn't let this mask drop. Sliding out from the spot I was just in with Noah— I headed towards the bus, knowing he wouldn't follow as fans were waiting to meet the guys.
This tour needed to be over.