11: Surprise guests.

Authors note: Hi friends, wanted to pop in before we start this chapter and say my friend @AnonymousDND is starting up an Ice Nine Kills/ Bad Omens book soon. I highly suggest dropping her a follow to stay in the loop, but I personally am super excited. For those who don't know, AnonymousDND and I created a small world for our Stranger Things girls, and she has actually written a story where our worlds collide. Those same girls from the stories, she will be revamping and creating a fun new story so be sure to keep an eye out for that! She now also has the introduction of the story on her page so be sure to check it out!

"So, you really asked him to forget it?" Jamie said, sitting opposite me in my office. We were working on her podcast again, she invited me to do more episodes with her since the viewers loved our energy, much like Noah had said.

Sigh escaping my lips I ran a hand through my dark hair. Setting up the microphones in the room, I looked at Jamie. "I did, I mean it's embarrassing!" splaying my hands flat she sat back in her seat watching as I got ready to go into a ramble. "I mean, if I was a kid I am sure it would be fine, we could laugh it off you know? But I am not a kid, and I can't believe I told him whilst drunk!" Groaning, I slumped down in my sofa.

"You know, it might not be that bad" she tried assuring me.

"Jamie, you haven't met my brother—he is overprotective of me, why do you think he doesn't know what my ex did" I said.

Lips in a thin line, she looked at me. "Because you are a victim, and you are scared to tell your family—especially your big brother who would fight the world to make sure you are safe."

She was right, Nick would fight the world if it meant I was safe. "Not only that, but Nick never met him. . . My ex, no one in my family did, I kind of just met him and then upped and left" her eyes widened at that. "I know, but again I was young" and surely younger me did learn from it.

Patting my leg, she nodded her head before hitting the record button on her camera and making sure her microphone was on. "Welcome back to a new season, this season we are starting with the one and only Faith Folio, say hello" she smiled.

"Hello" I smiled, thankful she knew I didn't want to linger on the topic of my ex any longer.

The door to my office was opening, Nick was holding water bottles as Noah held fruit in a small bowl behind him. "We wanted to come bring you guys this before starting. . ." looking at the camera, Nick silently cursed.

A laugh escaped Jamie before she waved them into the office, door closing behind Noah. "Come, sit, you can actually join us—would be fun to see the Folio siblings together" she gestured.
I had a small sofa in my office which is where I sat. Not questioning, Nick took a seat closest to Jamie while Noah stood there until Jamie gestured for him to take a seat next to me, leaving me in-between the two. "Now that we are all nice and cozy, welcome on it—we were just introducing Faith here but why not introduce yourselves as well?" Jamie gestured to the two I now sat between.

"Hi, I am Nick Folio, I am the big brother of Faith and the drummer of Bad Omens" he smiled brightly at the camera that recorded us.

"I am Noah Sebastian, vocalist of Bad Omens" he waved to the camera. He seemed tense sitting beside me, which didn't help the butterflies that pooled in my stomach threatening to spill out.

Jamie, her own smile remained as she glanced at me. "Faith, you are roommates with these two, what would you say you love most about it?" a genuine question.

"Yeah Fae" Nick smiled at me, teasing me like siblings do.

Opening my mouth, I looked at Noah who kept his eyes on me "You know, I am sure lots of people expect some glamour to it, or the dirty rockstar life when truthfully, it is like living with a bunch of overgrown kids but in the nicest way. I mean Noah is usually writing music, Nick loves fishing so he tries to get as much in as he can before tour starts and Jolly is like Noah in the sense of they are usually off hiding in their rooms or together writing music, it's pretty fun living in a creative household—reminds me of when Nick used to beg our parents to let them practice in our basement" I said.

"Your parents must have loved that" Jamie looked at Nick, blush creeping on her cheeks.

Nodding his head, Nick chuckled. "It was something, my parents always believed in us thankfully so it didn't take too much convincing especially with them being music lovers as well, I mean if it were not for them I don't know what I would be doing today."

"What about you Noah, what is it like living with siblings? Has there been any sibling rivalry?"

Looking at myself and Nick, he shook his head. "No, I haven't heard them bickering—it's kind of like living with best friends honestly. But as Faith said, I been in my room working on music." The use of my full name and not my nickname stung in a way I didn't expect it to.

"What are the plans for Bad Omens then, what should we as the fans look forward to?" Jamie was amazing at podcasts.

"Unsure at the moment, we want to work on what we love of course but we are enjoying our time, there is going to be big plans for Bad Omens for sure" Noah said running a hand through his hair before putting his arm, so it sat behind me on the sofa.

Cooling the burning in my cheeks, I chewed my lip as I looked at Jamie who was hiding a smile of her own. "Faith, you grew up in the music world of course, how is your social media world compared to that?" Jamie questioned.

Feeling like my whole body was on fire, I could feel Noah shift beside me which brought him in closer. Surely he didn't mean it, it was a smaller sofa, and it was fitting two grown men and myself. Gulping I smiled bravely to hide the fact I was screaming inside; I shouldn't have a crush on Noah—but here I was. "You know, it's kind of funny—I remember in high school I would go around handing out flyers for these guys when they played, my peers would pick fun at me saying I wasn't going to be anything cool and the band most likely wouldn't take off, yet here we are years later with Bad Omens dominating the scene by storm, and my social media it's different of course, but it still is amazing, different for sure" I glanced at Noah before continuing. "I think I have gotten to say I got to work with some really cool people, especially with helping get their image out there."

"Has anyone tried asking you for free tickets?" Nick looked down at me.

A laugh escaped from me as I nodded my head. "Almost every tour you guys do, I get someone in my messages asking if I can hook them up with tickets—I don't think people know that I can't just let them in, but I mean hey at least they can say they tried" shrugging my shoulders. "What about you guys, when I was gone did you miss me handing out those flyers?" my turn to look between the two men.

Noah shifted in his seat as Nick nodded his head. "Of course, I mean you are my little sister, so I mainly missed annoying the hell out of you" Nick said nudging me, only making me lean more into Noah.

"I suppose, it made shows a bit easier with the helping hand, I think we can all agree it is better having you home, think in the last four years I heard your brother mention how much he missed you almost daily" Noah said looking at me.

"Yeah, I have that effect on people" I chuckled.

The rest of the podcast went smoothly, Noah and Nick were really good with their questions, and we all had a good time, or at least I thought we did.
Packing away the stuff, Jamie and Nick excused themselves so they could go plan a small date together over the next few days. "You seemed like you had fun" I said looking at Noah, zipping up a bag with gear in it.

"Well I wasn't expecting to be interviewed today, would have worn more nice attire" he gestured to the clothes he wore.

"Are we okay?" I asked noting the difference in his words.

Looking at me, Noah nodded his head. "Yeah, I mean we aren't dating so we have to be okay" his words took me off guard.

Mouth hanging open, I blinked unsure what to say. "Yeah, as you mentioned before—we aren't dating. You texted Sam, remember?" I bit back my annoyance as I finished getting Jamie's stuff packed up.

"Good news!" Nick said as he entered my office, beaming with a smile. "We are going to have a party tomorrow, and it's going to be a Halloween themed party, so costumes!"

"It's nowhere near Halloween?" questioned Noah.

My brother rolling his eyes looked up at his friend. "Doesn't need to be, it's going to be fun! I invited friends already and Jolly invited some as well so if you guys have anyone in mind, invite them" he said before leaving us alone.

Looking at Noah, I rolled my eyes before grabbing my phone. "You can text Sam the happy news, I am sure she would love to see you again" I bit my annoyance as I made my way out of the office.
We aren't dating.
But I remained jealous.