15: Feelings.

Authors Note: Did you guys really think I was going to leave you hanging that long? Of course not, of course now I am since this is the only update until I am back to writing. I wrote this on the last day before my vacation technically started so of course I held onto it until it was time.
Thank you everyone for getting Limits to 5k reads, I love reaching these milestones with you all. <3

"Noah. . ." my voice soft as I glanced up at him, his eyes burning with that desire and passion that always made my knees weak.
I been around him when he was with his ex-girlfriends and part of me never remembered him looking at them the way he looks at me. "We might not be a good match" lies, I thought it was perfect, but the guilt of my brother always swallowed me whole.

His hand ran through his hair before stepping towards me, he seemed almost desperate to try and say anything to me. "Fae, one date. . . That's all I ask, one date and if you don't like it, if you decide it isn't for you we will go back to what we were before" he said trying to think of anything.

One date, that is all he wanted? How would Nick feel about this one date, he would lose his mind not only on me but Noah for even considering going after his baby sister. It wasn't like I needed protection, not from Noah, never from Noah.
Memories of my ex swirled in my head making me flinch before looking at Noah who seemed to notice, unsure of what he should say. "What if Nick finds out? You and I will both be dead, and I rather not ruin anything over one date" it was the truth.

"Okay, but we kissed already—one date is nothing, please, Fae."

"You're right, but even with this one date, if it doesn't work out then we won't be able to go back to normal again. . . That normal is gone, we won't be able to get back to that again" I chewed my lip looking at him.

A small smile tugged the edge of his lips, "then I guess I shouldn't let this date flop, should I?" a blush crept onto my cheeks as did a small smile as I looked up at him, "you look nice when you smile by the way, I wouldn't hide it" his voice sending goosebumps down my arms.

"If I agree to this, Nick can't know about this. . . About us, and the kiss" I said gesturing between where Noah and I both stood.

Licking his lips, I watched as he nodded his head. "Nick won't know, it'll be our secret" he said as his fingers met his brows in a salute.

"Yeah our dirty little secret, Noah." He let out a breathy laugh which caught me off guard. Stepping closer to him I could feel his body heat as I looked up at him—you could imagine since I was an inch or two shorter than Nick, that Noah would be tall compared to me. "Where are you going to take me, Noah?" I poked his chest—we were so close I could feel the heat radiating off him not even caring how cold I was.

Eyes glancing at my lips again, a smile once more tugged at his lips. "Would ruin the surprise, how about I pick you up tomorrow, say, eight?" his voice low as his hands slid into his pockets, "and I promise this date you won't need to sneak out the bathroom window" he winked before turning to the door of my room. "Goodnight, Faith—I look forward to our date" his smile was genuine as he headed up the stairs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next evening, I was dancing around nervously as Jamie finally came into the house with Nick, only to grab an overnight bag since he would be spending a few days at her home. Yanking her down the stairs to my room, Nick hollered "you are not keeping her for hours, Faith!" earning a chuckle from Jamie before I slammed my door shut.