2: Little bit of truth.

Authors note: Thank you all so much. Limits is 300 reads, and it means the world to me, I love seeing everyone's comments and excitement over our journeys together. It means a lot to me, so thank you for letting me write my silly little stories.

The next morning came in quicker than I anticipated. After getting a shower the other day, I excused myself to go take a nap, leaving the guys to do whatever they did. Not even knowing how tired I was, I woke up about half hour ago, at eight in the morning—I had went to bed I supposed at two in the afternoon yesterday, even with so much sleep I felt exhausted as I scrolled my emails on my phone, seeing what I needed to do for the day—of course my manager telling me to take the week off and to spend it with my brother.
Sifting through my emails, my chin rested on my knee that was propped up on the chair and against my chest. "Morning, Faith" eyes shooting up, in came Noah with his hair wet and his shorts—he wore a muscle shirt as he looked at me. "You must have been tired" he chuckled clocking the bags underneath my eyes and the leftover food I had warmed up for my breakfast.

The guys made me steak last night for my return, of course I didn't join them for dinner but judging by the beer cans and bottles of alcohol littered on the counter, they didn't mind, and it didn't damper their spirits. "Morning" I managed to say, looking at Noah who poured himself some coffee. "Ugh, I can go if you want some privacy" grabbing my phone.

Cheeks heating up as his chuckle went through the room. "Why would you leave? You live here" right, he was right. Putting my phone back on the table of course cringing when I saw my exes name lighting up the screen—my ex wasn't pleased about how we broke up, but in a way it was the only way I was going to get away from him, of course it meant he would try every day to get me back and somedays were harder than others for sure. "You good?" Noah noticed the cringe as he took a seat across from me at the table.

Nodding my head, I locked my phone, so I didn't need to see his name. "Ugh yeah, just someone I don't really need to speak to right now" not a lie at all, just didn't need to tell Noah who was texting me.

Shrugging his shoulders, he sipped his coffee. "So, has my brother been bugging you guys with my arrival?" a change of subject in case Noah decided to try and push further, especially since my phone was once again lighting up.

A chuckle as he placed his cup back on the table. "We thought someone was murdering him when he went running through the house, one time there was a wasp that chased him from the upstairs to the kitchen and Nicholas had to capture it, seemed pretty familiar" this time I chuckled as I kept my focus on Noah. "He was excited, he asked us if we were okay with it and we all told him of course we were, he is our family which makes you our family" a flush of my cheeks as I nodded my head. "Plus, last time I saw you, you were what eighteen?" questioned Noah.

I moved away from home early, once again from my ex who practically controlled my life. "Ugh no, nineteen, close though" a smile spread on his face.
Hearing my phone vibrate on the table, Noah's eyes narrowed to the small device as my ex's name once against was on the screen—calling me, "please, go ahead I don't want to keep you from someone" Noah gestured for me to take the call.

Heart thundering, I shook my head, hanging up the call as I held the buttons to turn my phone off. "No, it's not important" my tone slightly more defensive than I meant.

Brows raised, Noah leaned forward, concern on his face. "You okay, Fae?" he asked softer, leaning forward a bit at the table.

My mouth feeling dry, I nodded my head as my heart thundered in my chest—not even my ex could get me this flustered, especially by simply asking if I was okay. "Oh, yeah don't worry—Fae?" I questioned shaking my head remembering what he had called me moments ago.

"Yeah, you have that aesthetic to you that reminds me of fairies, in a way of course, it suits you" he gestured to the clothes I had on, I wore a light blue crop top and matching shorts. "it's a cute nickname" a blush as I looked away from him.
"Your brother is happy you are home, Fae" he used the nickname.

"Damn right I am" startled, both Noah and I watched as Nick entered the kitchen, not even getting himself food or coffee as he kissed the top of my head. "How could I not be excited to have my baby sister home?" he teased ruffling my hair.

Swatting his hand away, I looked at my brother as he walked to get himself something to eat and some coffee finally. "You know, mom would scold you if she were here right, she would tell you to not mess with me" sticking his tongue out at me, it brought a smile on my face.
Four years away from him and his stupid antics, I missed it.

Excusing myself from the table, I headed for the backyard to enjoy the nice weather since I didn't need to work for a few days. Unpacking wouldn't take me long at all since I hardly had anything with me. Sitting in the hammock they had in the back; I didn't sit in it properly so I could swing myself gently. Turning my phone back on, I got a few texts come through—mostly from my ex who went through every single emotion before settling on calling me the villain, it was normal for him to do that which was one of many reasons why I left.

His name came up once more, rolling my eyes I finally picked up. "Faith?" his voice hoarse as if he had been screaming not even minutes ago.

"What is it?" I tried my best to sound tough, uninterested but instead I knew it made me sound weak which fed into his ego more than it should have.

His sigh on the other end of the phone had anxiety brewing in the pit of my stomach, my breakfast threatening to come back up. "I miss you, Faith—I am sorry for what happened with us, come home? I promise it will get so much better" his empty promise of course tugging the strings of my heart, wanting to believe him.

"I need to go," I said as I saw Noah heading outside, seeing a smile spread on his face.

"Faith, are you with someone? Who is it, you are never going to find someone better than me, Faith you know that no one is going to love you like—"

Not giving him the chance to hurt me more, I hung up the phone before turning it so I didn't see who texts me. "What's up?" I asked looking up at him.

Flopping down beside me in the hammock, he started swinging us before a chuckle. "So, your brother wants to do a welcome home party for you, you know to celebrate you are home" he gestured between me and the house in front of us.

The thought alone had my cheeks burning as I looked towards the house, Noah still swinging us on the hammock. "Suppose it is nice, but I am not a huge party goer?" Not since my ex of course.

"When you were younger I remember you used to get mad at Nick for not taking you and your friend to parties" he laughed looking over at me. "What changed?"

Everything, everything had changed. My ex made me into a version of myself I struggled to look at on the daily basis, and of course I couldn't tell my brother what happened or else he would swallow me whole and never let me out of his sight. What happened to me still made me cringe to think about, I did miss the girl I was before—the girl who was best friends with her brother and would do everything she could with him and even his friends, the friend Noah was speaking about, her and I didn't even speak anymore—not since she got mad about my ex making me move after two months of only seeing him. I hated me for it too, now.
Sighing, I smiled softly as I glanced at Noah whose attention was fixed on me.
"I grew up."