28: Cared for

Author's Note: Important note more so today. I wanted to say, those who are interested I have started a Nicholas Ruffilo story called Fell In A Concrete Jungle which I am stoked to be working on, it's been lingering in my mind for a few months. That being said, I am currently writing three books at once. Limits, Said & Done and now Fell In A Concrete Jungle. Limits is still my priority for weekly updates as you all know, I post on my message board often if you are interested in following. Said & Done as I have stated before is more of my update whenever story, not a set scheduled update like Limits. But with Fell In A Concrete Jungle I am going to do my best to make it a mix of both. I hope you all understand and still love and support this crazy writer just as much. Also a HUGE thank you, Limits is at 20k reads—I am truly mind blown about that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

 Two days after seeing my ex in that small store, I hadn't been out of the house—not for a jog, not even to go shopping

Two days after seeing my ex in that small store, I hadn't been out of the house—not for a jog, not even to go shopping. I had been avoiding the outside world like the plague in fear he would see me again.
My office had been taken over by Jamie, which in all honesty I didn't mind—my workload was easier then hers was, mine required me to reply to emails and edit some smaller videos while hers required her to ask bands questions over a zoom call since most bands were overseas right now.
Noah and I had been spending much more time together when we could, both of us understanding the importance of work and knowing when the other one just needed a minute to breathe.
Since the shower with Noah, it's like something in us just grew closer, more drawn to one another like a moth to a flame.
Stepping into my room, I noticed Noah sitting on my bed, phone in hand as he scrolled through whatever news feed he was on—he enjoyed scrolling Twitter and seeing how their fans were, even if you didn't know he was online, he was always lurking somewhere. "Bold of you to hangout in my room without me, what happens if I were Nick?" I laughed closing my door behind me.

"Well if you were Nick, then Nick got hot" he joked putting his phone down beside him on the bed. "You and I are going to go out tonight, to a party" he smiled sitting up.

Feeling nervous at the thought of going out, Noah took my hand in his rubbing it with his thumb. "Fae, it'll be fun, I promise—Nick doesn't exactly know these friends of mine, and I want to show off my girlfriend as much as I can" he pulled me onto his lap placing kissing on my shoulder.

"Mm, I don't know" looking into his brown eyes, he seemed to already be drunk of the feel of my body. "You're not a huge party person, surprised you're asking me" it was true, Noah rarely was into parties, he would have a good time when he was there, but he never went out of his way to make sure he was always at one.

Kisses along my neck and jaw, Noah murmured into me—"I want to have a few drinks with my girlfriend, maybe dance a little and just have fun, Nick won't be there and same with the others" he looked up at me, his eyes almost a plea.

Maybe going out would be good for me? Maybe it was time to get over that fear I held onto? Getting out of his grip, he whined at the loss of contact as he watched me open my closet. "Theme? Casual or fancy?" I didn't want to overdress but same time I didn't want to underdress either.