23: In this together.

Trigger warning: chapter mentions abuse in the first section as well as graphic detail.
Warning will be marked with –- and end with ---. All readers have been advised.

---

My body felt as if it were ice. The cool air circled around me as I looked around my old home. The home I called hell. Air felt tight in my chest as if someone were trying to cut off my air supply within my own lungs. "Faith, you should have never left" my eyes widened as horror sluiced through my body at the tone of voice from my ex.

"H-how are you? Why am I here?" my voice would quiver showing him how much power he holds over me no matter what.

Lips curling into a devilish grin—he could be the devil if he wasn't already. "You want me, Faith—you want me to show you a good time, but instead you ran off" he stepped closer to me backing me against the cold wall. "You would go back crying to that brother of yours then work on something you knew could have worked?"

"W-we would never work. . . You and I, we could never work" gulping my ex stepped closer to me as his eyes seemed to darken at the words.

Hand striking my face I let out a cry as I held my face in my palm, tears silently streaming down my face. He was here, I was here—how I got back into this home I had no idea. "We could work, you know we could work you were just too much of a bitch to see past that. . . I made you feel good, I did so much for you" he grabbed my face in his hands squeezing hard which made me whimper out trying to get away, but he pushed himself into me as I felt the wall firmly behind me now. "You belong to me, Faith. No matter what, you belong to me."
---

"Faith!" thrashing out of the grip that was on me, I sat up gasping for air—my hand instantly going to my throat where my exes just was. My breathing was labored as I tried to gulp down the air so my lungs could fill out once more. "Faith, hey" the voice beside me startled me as the dark room felt like it was closing in, sensing my panic Noah turned over on his side of the bed flicking on the little bedside lamp. "What is it? What's wrong?" he asked sitting up, his hand instantly rubbing my back not even caring about the sweat that coated my skin.

Feeling like I could breathe a little more easier, I looked around the room noting where we were—where I was. I wasn't with my ex; I was in a villa with Noah, and we would be leaving in a few hours. Or least I would be getting the first flight out, Noah's flight arrived a few hours after mine, so we didn't raise suspicion from my brother.
Running a hand through my hair, I cringed at the feeling of sweat coating my skin. "I had a nightmare" I said softly trying my best to not remember too much about it, how my ex held me in the spot telling me the thing I feared most.

"What was it about, you were thrashing and crying" he said gently, placing a small kiss of his lips on my shoulder, not minding the sweat.

Shaky breath escaping from my throat I took a deep breath once more before opening my mouth. "It was my ex. . . He, I—" a pause as Noah rubbed his hand on my back some more. "He told me I was his and that I was making a mistake pretty much, but he reminded me that no matter what he owned me" my eyes met Noah's stare.

His stare darkened before it softened as he heard the weight of my words. "Fae—he never has or will own you; I promise you that" his words were gentle as he pulled me onto his lap, arms wrapping loosely around me as if to show me if I wanted I could get out of his grip.

"You weren't there, he was horrible" my voice broke near the end as tears filled up my vision.

Kissing my temple, Noah didn't argue with me. It seemed like he wanted me to have my emotions, reminding me that it was okay to be upset and angry because what I felt was my own emotions and they were valid. "I know, but I am here now—so are you, we are here in this together, okay?" resting his chin on my shoulder as his words were spoken softly.

Looking at Noah, I couldn't help but the small smile on my face—how did I get so lucky to be here with him? Never did I think my brother's best friend liked me back or that we would even kiss and go on a date. It felt as if I was living on cloud nine being with Noah. Interlacing my hand with his, I squeezed it gently. "Together."

We must have only had an hour more of sleep before our alarm to get ready to leave went off. I didn't bother showering since I would shower as soon as I got home anyways to wash off the plane feel. Noah drove us to the airport as I sat in the passenger seat wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt to be comfortable in when I got home, as much as I never wanted this weekend to end I was so glad to finally be going back home and getting to actually tell Jamie all about it.
Dropping us off at the airport, Noah led us through security and into a small little Starbucks where he would get himself some coffee. "What time does your flight leave?" I asked as I took a sip of his coffee, I didn't want to get my own since my flight would be shortly anyways.

"I leave around eleven and I get in around four, Nick is going to pick me up he said" Noah said taking his coffee back from out of my hand.

"Oh joy, think we made it in all clear?" I looked up at him with slight worry.

"If someone was going to post photos of me with anyone, they would have done it by now—relax Fae" Noah said leaning down to press a kiss on my forehead.

Before I knew it, I was on my flight after saying goodbye to Noah. Managing a decent nap on the flight to help with the fact I was rudely awaken by my nightmare this morning.
Once my flight landed, I gathered my bags before heading off to find my brother who texted me saying he was here and waiting for me. "Fae!" I heard my name being shouted as I turned to see Nick smiling like an idiot before engulfing me in a hug. "See, didn't forget you this time and I was here before your flight" he said flicking my nose.

Swatting his hand away I let out a laugh nodding my head. "A new record, where is Jamie?" I asked glancing to see if I could see her.

Smiling Nick led me to where he had his car parked. "Jamie is actually moving in right now" he seemed to be glowing at that statement. My brother tended to rush into stuff, but I never seen him so smitten about someone like he is about Jamie.

"Oh, congratulations to you both!" I was happy for my brother and Jamie. "So what is she doing with her place then?" I asked gently not wanting to push too much.

"She is subleasing it to her family, so she can come and go as she please" Nick said as he looked over at me, "how was girls' weekend?" right, the lie.

Adjusting in my seat I nodded my head trying to think of words to say. "Busy, we did a lot of stuff" I wasn't going to tell my brother a lot of stuff meant I slept with his best friend and together it was an effort to get out of bed we were so drunk on one another's touch.

The rest of the drive was pretty decent, Nick had spoken to Noah on the phone saying he would be there to go pick up him as Noah got bumped on an earlier flight and was now going to be arriving at the airport in an hour instead of this evening.
Waving Nick off as he turned around to go get Noah, I quickly bolted into the house surprised when I saw Jolly and Nicholas both sitting on the couch in the living room playing video games. "Welcome home Fae!" smiled Jolly as he sipped on his beer.

"Thank you, hey have you seen Jamie?" I asked tossing my bags down by the door.

"She is upstairs in Nick's room unpacking the rest of her stuff" Nicholas said grabbing his own beer to drink before him and Jolly returned to whatever game they were playing together.

Heading up the stairs, I went down the hall sliding into my brother's room as Jamie looked up for the pile of clothes she was putting away. "Faith!" she smiled as she leapt over the bed hugging me, "we get to hangout more! Nick asked me to move in. . . I never lived with a partner before, this is all so new and scary but exciting!" her smile was wonderful as it lit up the excitement she had brewing all weekend. "God do you know how hard it was not to call you this weekend when he asked me?" she held my hands in her own, "but. . . I want the details, tell me how it was?" she asked as she turned and returned to putting away her items of clothing.

Smiling as I closed the door behind me, making sure Jolly and Nicholas couldn't hear—Jamie lifted a brow as she looked at me. "We slept together—god it was so perfect, Noah was so considerate and caring and the aftercare" Jamie's mouth fell open before squeals of excitement began coming out of her.

"Holy shit, Faith!" she screamed so excited to hear all of this.

"I know! Do you know how hard it was not to call you and tell you everything, god it was so perfect" I reminisced with Jamie, both of us laying on the bedroom floor talking about how we loved our relationships. "I can't believe I am dating Noah. . . I—I don't want to tell Nick just yet; I want to be selfish and happy for a little" before the world would feel like it came crashing down.

"No matter what you pick, I am going to support you. Fae, thank you for being my best friend even if we only met not long ago. . . I never had someone to talk to like this with" Jamie turned her head facing me.

My heart strings tugged as I smiled at her. She was my best friend too; she was the person I wanted to run to and tell everything to. I wanted nothing more than for Nick to be happy but if he ever hurt her, I would personally fight him. "You're my person, Jamie" I said.

Door to the bedroom opening, Jolly stood there eyebrow raised. "We hear you two screaming and then dead silent. . . Had to make sure you two were still alive, what is going on here?" he asked seeing us both on the floor.

Holding my hand out to him, he went to pull me up when instead I tugged him down onto the floor in between Jamie and myself. "We are being content; it's been a good few week so we are just soaking it in—soak it in with us Jolly" I said as we all looked back up at the ceiling listening to the music that softly played in the background.

"You two are weird, but I suppose that is why I love you both so much" Jolly earned a grin from both Jamie and me.

"We love you too Jolly" I said interlacing my fingers with his and Jamie doing so as well. We were all comfortable.

We must have all been too relaxed before we knew it, the bedroom door opened and all three of us heard. "What the fuck?" looking at the door, Nick stood there confused as to why his best friend was in-between his girlfriend and baby sister. "Jolly you aren't making a move on these two are you?" Nick tossed his wallet down on his dresser.

"Relax Nick, he was relaxing with us—he was being content in the moment" Jamie said sitting herself up.

Jolly helped me to my feet as we looked at the love birds who were smiling like idiots to one another. Heading down the stairs after we all spoke a little, my heart nearly exploded when I saw Noah sitting on the sofa watching Nicholas playing the game him and Jolly were playing earlier. "Welcome home" I said softly as I took a seat across from Noah, beside Nicholas.

"Welcome home" he smiled.

"Noah! So, did you go to the strip club at all?" Nick said taking a seat beside Noah, his eyes focused on his friend.

"What?" Noah snorted.

"Okay, that is a no—but did you least sleep with someone?" Nick asked bugging his friend.

"If I did I don't think I would tell you" he said, "how was your work weekend Faith, did you get lots of work done?" Jamie smiled at that as she took a seat beside me.

Trying not to blush, I nodded my head before looking at Noah. "I think I did; I think I did most of the work this weekend" he seemed surprised about that.

~Two and a half weeks later~

That morning was hell; I don't know what it was, but I woke up sick and not feeling good. My body ached. Noah and I had been once again busy with working, we would sneak into one another's rooms late at night or hangout with everyone when we could—it was the best we could do with what we had.
Climbing up the stairs into the kitchen where everyone sat at the table, my face paled when I saw food already being prepped and cooked. "Morning, you look like shit" Nick said glancing from the stove where him and Jamie cooked.

"Morning to you too, asshole" I mumbled pouring myself a coffee, already regretting the choice as it churned my stomach as soon as I took a sip.

"Did you get another flu or something?" Nick asked stirring the scrambled eggs in the pan.

"No, I don't think so" there was no one sick around me and I had hardly gone out since returning home from the trip with Noah.

"Here, eat some food it might help" Nicholas said as he handed me a small plate of food.

Taking a seat at the counter, I watched as Noah went up beside Nick, pouring himself a cup of coffee. Taking a bite of food, I chewed it and swallowed it before feeling my stomach churn in protest. Barely having enough time to make it to the trash bin, my stomach contents now being emptied into it—I heard everyone holler. Jamie the last one to speak as her hand grabbed my hair, "holy shit, Fae are you pregnant?"