17: Day in bed.

Authors Note: Are you guys liking author notes? I enjoy coming on, before we start this small journey together and talking to you. I also wanted to say a huge thank you, we hit the 8k milestone and it truly took me by surprise to the point I had a wee cry knowing this story can be an escape to some, a moment of serenity and safety—this story is my serenity, something I take pride in even if it is rated mature for themes but I truly cannot thank you all enough for letting me write this journey, to express my feelings as well so thank you for also being my safe space to create.

If this is what death felt like, I surely felt it. I had woken up in the middle of the night coughing—after being out in the damp weather for the time I was and then some more time with Noah. My cough progressed through the night, that I rendered myself unable to work today which had me sending a text to my boss at three in the morning explaining my situation—soon after my boss would reply back 'get some rest Folio, take a few days if you need' my manager was super sweet when it came to her employee's, and she always recognized how hard I worked.
The rest of the night was miserable, for me of course as a migraine would come on from sneezing or coughing, or when I did sleep I would wake up nearly choking thanks to the coughing fits that seemed to attack me when I least expected it.
Sun was rising by the time I finally got comfortable enough, and thankfully managed a few hours of sleep.

Closer to lunchtime, I finally woke up out of my slumber, or what felt like lack of—groaning at the phone that sat vibrating on my nightstand, I pulled it blinking at the glaring screen that felt blinding as my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness.
Hitting the accept button I was greeted with a smiling Jamie at the other end. "Soooo—" she drawled out, wiggling her eyebrow at me.

Sniffling I adjusted myself in bed getting into a comfortable position as I looked at my friend—my throat burned and felt raw, but I was still going to tell her. "The date was amazing, he took me stargazing Jamie, and even packed snacks he knew I loved when I was younger, he remembered the smaller details" I said.

Her face smiled more as she seemed so excited to hear all about this date. "Oh my god, that's so romantic!" she exclaimed looking out her backyard window, most likely what I would assume is where my brother lounged. "Nick is currently doing my yardwork—apparently my grass was too long, but we have been chilling by the pool all day" studying my face she scrunched her own, "you look like shit?" she questioned me.

A chuckle that felt like razor blades in my throat escaped my lips as I nodded my head slightly, "I feel it as well, I ended up feeling sorry for myself and staying outside in that crappy weather last night longer then I should have—Noah also came outside and checked on me" her smile remained on her face, "I told him about my ex, well enough where he picked up on gist of it" still wishing to myself that, that was a dream but I knew deep down it wasn't and Noah truly knew.

"What did he say?" Her voice went a pitch softer as Jamie leaned against the counter, glancing out at my brother a few times to make sure he was still remaining outside.

Gulping trying to keep the fire that was burning my throat down. "He told me he wished he told me about his crush on me sooner, that he told me the guy was bad news, he told me he felt bad about it basically thinking It was his fault, I told him it wasn't, and I reminded him that I wanted a second date" she nodded her head listening.

"Did you sleep together?" The devilish smirk returned to my best friend's face.

A roll of my eyes and the temptation to hang-up but instead I said, "no, we didn't" even as the flush filled my cheeks.

"Kissed?"

"No, not even that—he said he doesn't like kissing on the first date, it felt so nice honestly" it was true, the longer I thought on it the more the gesture was nice, not feeling pressured to kiss on the first date knowing there was going to be another one, it made it not as messy.

"Okay, well, I am going to go scold your brother for housework, you get some rest, feel better Fae" Jamie said before hanging up.

Looking at the time, I groaned as it was lunchtime. Not hungry, I still needed to do something today to feel like I didn't waste it entirely. Getting out of the bed, I slid on an oversized sweater that hid the shorts I wore beneath as I headed up the stairs of the house, my hair being tied into a messy bun in the process.
Going into my office, I slid onto my sofa feeling out of breath and dizzy from the trek up the stairs—it wasn't often I got sick, usually Nick got sick more than I did but when I did get sick, the first day or two were always the worse on me.
Hand on my forehead, taking deep breaths it felt like my whole body was on fire at this point instead of just my throat, and before I knew it I was coughing what felt like a lung up as I placed my face into my hoodie to try and contain as much of my germs as I could.
"Oh you are awake" looking at my doorway, Noah stood there in sweats and an anime shirt, his hair tied in small half bun of his own, "oh you look. . . sick?" he took note of me.

"Trust me, I feel it too" I said, my voice barely above a rasp due to the coughing I had not long ago.

"You are sick, was it from last night?" a nod of my head had him walking into the office I was lying in on the small sofa I had in it. Placing his hand on my forehead, it felt nice feeling how cold his hand felt against my skin. "Well, you are pretty warm, have you eaten or drank anything today?" he asked looking down at me.

Shake of my head as I sat up, nearly falling back against the sofa as my head spun, Noah grabbed hold of my shoulder helping brace myself. "Come on, let's go" he ordered helping me stand on my feet, "we are getting you back into bed" he said as he escorted me back down the stairs to my room, not even caring that I had a coughing fit, instead he rubbed his thumb on my back softly as he helped me sit back down in bed. "I will be right back" he said softly as he placed the blanket over my lap.

I had LED strip lights along the ceiling of my wall, a soft purple haze glowed through my room as I turned my television on, hoping to watch something but most likely wouldn't be able to focus. Half hour passed, and before I knew it there was a soft knock on my door before Noah peered his head in, to make sure I was awake. His soft smile felt warm as he closed the door behind him, stepping into the room with a bag in hand. "What is that?" I questioned looking at the bag in his hand.

"Stuff to make you feel better" he sat down on the bed, pulling our various stuff—some cough medicine, some tissues, and soft snacks like fruit sauce, even pulling out a small container of soup. "Here, you need something in your system, or you will feel worse" he lifted the lid off the small cup of soup, steam filling the air between us.

My heart cracked knowing he would go out of his way to do this—the only other people who ever did something like this were my family and even then they didn't go to this extent of it, my lips parted slightly as I accepted the small cup of soup from Noah. "You didn't have to get me anything" my voice sounded hoarse from all the coughing.

His eyes met mine as he opened his own cup of soup before sitting back in my bed close beside me. "I know, but I wanted to do something nice—you would do this for us, I seen you do this for Jolly before" it was true, when I was younger when the guys were unwell they would camp in my basement, they claimed they loved being around my parents who took care of them, and with Jolly's family being in Sweden my parents were more than happy to help him with anything he needed, they practically adopted everyone in the band. But he was still right—I would do this for them, I have done this for them all when all of them were down for the count with a flu and I was running around the basement like a nurse healing them before tour started.

Small smile on my face as I looked up at Noah, "thank you, I appreciate it" it wasn't a lie, sipping the hot soup, gratitude washed over me as I took another sip feeling the contents warm up my body that couldn't decide if it wanted to be cold or warm. "You didn't have to stay with me, I don't think you'd like to get sick" I said glancing at Noah who sipped his own soup.

"You think I am going to leave you to fend for yourself? Not a chance, sweetheart" my cheeks warmed at the nickname he had called me. "You took care of us when we were sick, so let me take care of you—besides you nearly passed out getting off that couch, that should speak volumes" he said eyes looking back at the television as he once again sipped his soup.

Mouth hung open slightly, I smiled smacking his side gently. "I did not almost pass out" but that was a lie, I did almost pass out. "You can put something on if you'd like" handing him the remote, he looked at me carefully.

"Are you in an anime mood, or a movie mood?" he questioned opening up the streaming platform of choice.

"I am in a comfy mood, something I don't need to pay too much attention to but also can keep along if need" he nodded his head before selecting an anime for us to watch together.

We sat in the comfortable silence, until I began coughing making myself choke on some soup, grabbing the soup container from me Noah placed it on the bedside as I leaned away from him to make sure I didn't get germs on him. Patting my back, he mumbled soothing words to me as I coughed for what felt like an eternity.
Once the fit was done, I sat back in bed rubbing at the tears that ran down my cheeks from coughing. "I'm sorry" I said as he held my soup in his hand, ready to pass it back to me.

"Don't be" instead of handing me my soup, he placed it down on the bedside once more before pulling the bag he had earlier, digging through it he found what he was looking for and opened it pouring a small capful before handing it to me. "Here, this should help with the coughing" he said handing me the cough syrup.

Accepting the little lid of cough syrup, I blew out air from my cheeks before tipping my head back and taking it like a shot, disgust of course washing over my face as the taste of it lingered for the moment. Accepting water from Noah, I sipped on it, desperate to dilute the aftertaste desperately. Handing me my soup once more, he held his own in his hand—we both had spoons so I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact we both sat sipping our soups like two little old people drinking tea.
We could be those old people.
Shaking the thought out of my head, Noah seemed to notice. "What's wrong?" he asked with a small smile on his lips as he handed a spoon to me.

Accepting the spoon for my already half-done soup, I looked at him. "Nothing. . . nothing" my smile faltered ever so slightly, "just, have you ever wondered what your life would be like? Growing old, are you ever nervous it might be lonely?"

"It's not lonely" he said sipping at his soup once more.

"How do you know?"

Noah only sipped his soup some more, his eyes eventually glancing over at me as a smile spread across his face. "Because it already isn't lonely" he was referring to us, which heated my cheeks up instantly.

Placing my finished soup down on the nightstand, I sniffled a bit as I looked at him. "Noah, I am sorry if I am ruining your day" if this were my ex he would be making me feel bad for being sick, for not making some form of income or not able to even do the housework so he could hide away in his crappy make-shift studio with his crappy friends making music I always had to pretend to love.

"You have nothing to be sorry about?" he read the look on my face carefully, "look Faith—it was either I could hangout with you or sit in my room mindless and not knowing what to do, plus I said last night I'd see you today" he nudged me with an elbow.

"You're right" I smiled softly.

"And handsome" he winked.

"Oh my god, don't get so full of yourself—that's minus a point!" joking as I brought up the point system from our date. "Thank you. . . For bringing me all this, how much do I owe you?" grabbing my phone so I could transfer him money, he placed his hand on my screen but not before seeing the text of abuse my ex had sent from the night before, in that moment as I looked at Noah his eyes seemed to darken as his face hardened into what I assumed was a cool rage inside himself. "Can you do me a favor?" asking to get his mind off the text he had just seen.

Eyes snapping up to see me, he nodded his head as if telling me he would do anything for me without question. "Can you get some more soup, I'd love some more"

Getting out of bed, he smiled softly at me as he grabbed his wallet he had on the bedside. "Anything for you, do you want anything else?" he asked before exiting my room.

"Surprise me!" I hollered as loud as my sore throat would allow.

When Noah was gone, I deleted the texts from my ex and clicked on my icon for Jamie sending her a quick text messaged.

Fae: He got me soup, he got me fucking soup Jamie, and he just went to the store no questions asked getting more!

I knew my brother wouldn't look at her phone, he wasn't that type of person to just look at someone's texts, he was respectable and didn't bug to know who it was—of course, when it came to his little sister that was bit of a different story, he was an ass to me sometimes but again, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Half hour or so later, Noah marched in the door—more bags in hand making me furrow my brows in confusion. "What. . . What did you buy, the whole damn store?" I asked looking as he placed the bags down on the bed before opening them.
Handing me a cup of soup, I thanked him as he took a seat back where he was not even an hour ago.

"I got us snacks, we are going to spend the day in bed while you rest so you were going to need drinks to stay hydrated and snacks to help keep you fed, or something in your stomach at least" he pulled out some snack foods. "I didn't know if you wanted crackers or something soft since you sound pretty rough, but I grabbed what I could and of course" he held up honey drops for me as he tore one open before looking me in the eyes—the small cough candy in his fingers. "Open up" he said looking at my lips slightly.

Gulping from nerves, it felt like razors pressing down on my throat. Not even questioning him as my mind screamed, I obeyed and opened my mouth which still felt like a chore to do. Sliding the candy in my mouth I closed it as he smiled, what seemed to be a blush on his own cheeks but hard to tell in the purple haze light of my room. "Good girl" he said earning another smack on the side from me, of course in a teasing way.

We both got cozy in the bed as we watched the anime that played, snacking on what Noah had gotten us and even going as far as him refilling my water bottle whenever I was out of water. Not once did I ask but he did it anyways, he would pat my back when I had a coughing fit, or hand me tissues when my nose seemed to leak after sneezing and not once did he make me feel guilty for being sick, it was new to me having someone else besides my family take care of me—usually it was my mom or dad taking care of me. "Thank you, for everything you did for me today" I said settling myself back down in my bed after my bathroom break.

"Don't mention it, truthfully I think this was one of the most fun days I have ever had" his smile was genuine as he looked at me.

"Truth be told, if I wasn't sick—or as sick, I most likely would have kissed you" my cheeks burned at the thought of feeling Noah's lips on my own once more, maybe it was bold of me to say it right to him, or maybe it was the drowsiness from the coup syrup I had taken speaking for me.

His eyes flashed with what seemed to be amusement as he looked at my lips, licking his own in the meantime. "What's stopping you from kissing me?" his voice low, sounding hungry as he looked me over, as if he was wanting to claim me as his own, and the foolish part was—I think I'd allow him.

Turning away from him, I sneezed twice more before looking back at him—both of us bursting out into a fit of laughter before I could finally manage to say, "that's why" lying down in my bed I looked up at him. "We still have a second date to look forward to" reminding him that the patience would be worth it in the end, or I hoped.

"Yeah, yeah we do" his soft words spoke to me as he focused once more on the show, his hands running softly through my hair lulling me into a slumber I desperately needed.