chapter 80

" so you guys are not gonna leave me are you?" Jules said as most of the crew stood there surrounding her and giving her the ' you better listen to us, enough of your avoiding the elephant in the room' look.

"But why? does it matter? whatever happened there on that island is in the past. and I don't care what this stupid tattoo is." Jules was so done with Nami and Robin constantly wanting to know about her tattoo that suddenly appeared, and now Franky, Jimbe, Ussop, Sanji, and chopper had joined in too.

"I really think what we saw today has some connection to that tattoo Jules Chan," Robin said seriously. the look she had on her face meant business and Jules realized that until now what she was nagging her on and on about was nothing compared to his serious she was right now.

" ne Jules, don't you want to know too? it's such a cool tattoo." Luffy said from across the deck sparkly looking at Jules's tattoo. " wha.......I thought at least you would be with me on this. why care for this anyway? it's just a tattoo." Jules said with disbelief.

" yeah a tattoo that's suddenly appeared on your shoulder and neck." ussop was still freaked out about losing Rose in the storm and now he was freaking out about the water ball incident too. the poor guy added, "And what is with these water balls ever since that island you got trapped in one." 

" yeah that was weird, it was like I slept through all that and woke up with a bad dream about people dying on that island. Man, that was creepy ass island now that I think about it." Jules said as she slumped back and now lay on the grassy deck. 

" she should stop spending so much time with Luffy." Nami mumbled as she was ticking off about the whole situation and how carefree Juels was being. " yeah I agree." ussop added

" Yeah, you woke up screaming and crying after that incident, that was suuuuupperrrrr weird and sad, it made me cry too." Franky said wiping his tears remembering that day. " yeah it sure was scary, I still feel goosebumps thinking of that, but I don't have skin to feel goosebumps yohohohohohoho." 

" What did you see in that Dream Jules?" jimbe's voice was serious as he said that. the atmosphere suddenly changed and everyone got serious. jules shivered thinking of that dream she saw that day, it was so painful and so sad. All those people on that island, the explosions, the people praying to their savior, trying their best to keep a promise they made. the dream had felt so real, maybe it was because she saw the same island in that dream that they were on or maybe it was the ruined temple, but.....but the dream felt as if she was watching it all happen in front of her eyes live and not a stupid dream.

" it.....it wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare. it was so horrible and gutwrenching that it even hurts to remember it. everyday...... every day for some or other reason I remember that dream and I shiver." she hated to think about it, that nightmare....that nightmare was like a scratch, every time she let the thoughts of that nightmare consume her it would scratch off the hard surface of the locked up chest that hold the bitter memories of losing her family, her father, and her lover. that day when she had that nightmare, it.....it felt like she was watching her family fall apart all over again as if her dead father was still standing there with lifeless eyes as Blackbeard the man she considered like a brother once stole Whitebeard's devil fruit . as if Ace's lifeless body with that sickening hole was still laying there a few feet away from her.

"oi, Jules you don't need to say it," Luffy said looking at her through his hat. She looked around and saw the worried and concerned faces of the crew and sighed. " if you want to know I......I'll tell you. Rose, come here." she said looking at Rose who was munching on some snacks Sanji had given her. like a good obedient kid, Rose got up, Picked up the small sash filled with snacks, and walked up to her mother.

Jules smiled at the little girl and made her sit in her lap as she sighed feeling the warmth radiating from Rose, another trait she got from Ace, naturally high body temperature.

"that island, Oceania or what it was called. in that dream, I saw that island. there were people living there, a beautiful lively village and proud and happy people.  everyone was going on about their day when everyone gathered in front of the chief's house. several people came out of the house, mostly teenagers and youngsters. the elders led them to the temple we were in. it temple was beautiful and it was not broken. the elder spoke of something like they were all being blessed by the sea and them receiving that power completely. all the young once drank the water from a golden goblet and the chief announced that true powers are unlocked now. the scene suddenly turned dark and it seemed like the island was under attack. I don't remember what exactly happened but the island was being destroyed completely as the people were running away. they.....they all gathered in the temple and started praying. one by one they all all died except for one person. the god or whatever they worshiped finally came. the last man standing talking bout something to someone. a promise about always supporting that persona and being by his side. the god granted that man a blessing. the god said something like, years later when whoever they promised to, will be reborn and so will one of their descendants, and only that descendant will have the blessing of the sea. after granting that blessing the god went away and the man died praying."

Jules finished explaining with a sigh and everyone was silent, processing the dream she explained. " ne.....with the way you were crying that day, it wasn't as simple as you told it was it?" Ussop said gulping thinking of how horrible it must have been that she woke up crying like a baby. " Franky, does that sound familiar to you?" Robin said looking at the cyborg with a knowing look. " ooooowwwwww, yes Robin, the story about Oceania," Franky said still sniffling and wiping his tears.

 " what about that story Robin Chan?" Sanji asked as he stood by the Railing smoking. " the story is very similar to what happened in Jules's dream. the island of people blessed by the sea, the island getting destroyed, and the people fighting to protect something. I believe that the explosions you saw in that Dream were from the buster call." Robin said looking at Jules in the end. 

" yeah you told that story to us then too so maybe it got in my head and I dreamt about it." Jules said casually. " but Robin didn't tell us the minor details such as the rituals of the people." Nami added.

" what do you mean to say then? that I am their descendant or something? that's impossible" Jules said with a huff. " Then how do you explain what happened today?" Robin said challengingly. " what about today?" Jules asked." the water ball? where did it come from? how did it happen?" Robin said calmly. 

" the ball about.......about that .......i........I don't have an explanation." Jules sighed in defeat. " what do you mean to say Robin chan?" Sanji asked coming towards the group sitting in the middle of the deck. 

" Jules is the descendant of those blessed by sea folks?" zoro said from his place by the Railing where everyone thought he was asleep. " do you mean to say that Robin?" zoro said and Robin nodded. " but how is that possible? weren't they all killed?" Jules asked with disbelief. " Just like Danny, Eric, and Ronald, maybe you are their descendant to Jules. after all, you never met your birth parents, you said so yourself that Whitebeard found you on an abandoned island." Nami said.

" yes, Jules this is a possibility." Jimbe said encouraging. " fine maybe I am then how do you explain the tattoo?" Jules asked and no one had any answer to that. " see and how do you explain the ball as well?" again silence. 

" seems we are at a dead end robin." Nami said disappointed.