chapter 3

The loud scream echoed through the small cottage as Jules woke up screaming and crying. Her eyes closed and breathing heavily. Marco rushed into the room and quickly embraced her in a tight hug.

She kept on screaming and crying - don't leave me. No no no no Ace no. her screaming turned into small mumbling as Marco stroked her hair with one and and rubbing her back with the other. He gently rocked her and kept saying comforting words. - it's ok. Everything is alright. Shhhh. Calm down okay calm down. - and soon just like that she fell asleep after an hour or two.

As Marco laid her gently on the bed and covered her with the blanket he remembered the day this all started. It had been almost a month now but still felt like yesterday.

Flashback

Thanks to shanks arrival the war had finally stopped. After Ace and whitebeard died no one on the pirates side wanted to fight anymore, but the neavy kept attacking so they kept on fighting. But finally thanks to shanks and the brave young neavy solider the war had stopped.

Luffy had managed to escape with help of jimbe and the worst generation rooki Trafalgar law who had offered help. Marco stood by the fort wall a little far from Ace's body holding onto Jules. She was just frozen in his arms just staring at Ace laying a little far from her.

Akainu had aimed to attack her and luffy had pulled her back and had become Akainu's target and that's when Ace had stepped in and taken the hit.

Shanks announced that he will be taking whitebeard and Ace and he didn't want their death to be displayed like this to the world anymore.

As the Red haired pirate crew walked towards their ship shanks saw Marco trying to get alway with Jules. He was struggling with taking her as he was very injured. " Ben help him. Take Jules to Redforce." He ordered Ben and the first met followed.

He gently picked up Jules in bridal style and walked towards their ship. The other Red haired pirates helped other injured people get on ships as the two headed to the red force.

When the crew got onto the Redforce with Ace and whitebear's body and Marco flying landed on the ship, Ben had already reached and was still holding Jules. He saw her coming out of her trance and let her down to stand on her own.

As the pirate holding Ace laid him on the deck slowly Jules walked towards him, and everyone just stood there as if frozen. " Jules" Marco called out but she didn't respond and just stood there beside Ace, looking down at him.

She suddenly burst into tears falling down on her knees. Shanks, Marco and some other crew members stepped closer to her to help her if she got hurt. She was 8 months pregnant afterall, falling like that could hurt her. But they stopped when they saw her sobbing as she held Ace's hand.

" No no no please no Ace don't go please. Wake up Ace please." She as she caressed his cheeks with her soft delicate hands. " Please Ace don't leave me like this please. I...... I can't live without you Ace please." She still holding his one hand in hers and her other hand stroking his cheeks. He had a soft smile on his face and he looked peaceful. This would always make her smile but right now it just broke her more.

" Please Ace open your eyes. Please. Don't...... don't leave me like this. Look.......looke we are gonna have a baby. You...... You can't leave our baby like this. You were so happy to know you are gonna be a father just moments ago when luffy saved you. You can't leave us alone like this." She cried placing his numb hand on her Belly. She felt the baby kick on the spot Ace's hand laid.

" You..... you feel that Ace. Look the......the baby is kicking. It....it just responded to your touch. See our baby knows your it's father. You feel that Ace? Ace? Ace you can feel it right? You......you can feel our baby. Right Ace?" She said smiling but when ofcourse she didn't receive any response she just burt into sobs.

" Answer me Ace. Why aren't you saying anything. Open your eyes. Ace look at me. I.....i know what is happening. This.....this is your just sleeping. Yeah you.....you randomly fall asleep. So so now wake up. Ace wake up damn it." She said wiping her tears and now holding him by shoulder shaking him trying to wake him up. But ofcourse he didn't.

" Wake up Ace stop this now. It's enough wake up. Why aren't you waking up please wake up. Please. Please Ace wake up please." She leaned down placing her head in the crook of his neck as she kept on asking him to wake up and crying.

" He won't wake up Jules." Marco said stepping behind her placing his hand on her shoulder. She suddenly jerked his hand away forcefully " NO he will wake up. He.......he is just sleeping....just.......just sleeping. He will wake up. I....i know he will." She yelled at first then again kept on asking Ace to wake up with her head on his shoulder.

" Jules.....he.......he is gone.......he won't wake up." Marco said with a heavy heart bending down. Tears were threatening to roll down his eyes but he couldn't cry  now. She needed him. She needed the support of her big brother right now. Seeing him cry will break her more.

" NO! NO HE IS NOT GONE. HE CANNOT LEAVE ME LIKE THIS. HE PROMISED ME. HE PROMISED WE WOULD MARRY ONE DAY. HE PROMISED A FUTURE TOGETHER. HE CANNOT LEAVE ME ALONE. HE LOVES ME HE IS NOT GONE HE LOVES ME. "  Jules yelled looking at Marco. Her throat hurt because of it but she didn't care. Her love cannot leave her alone. He cannot be gone.

" You....you are not gone i..... I know Ace. You....you love me you won't leave me alone like this. I know you won't break our promise. You......you love me......you love me right? Right Ace?............. answer me Ace you love me right?....why aren't you saying anything? Wake up Ace, you love me right....... cause.......... cause i love you.......i love you so much Ace........ I love you....... please wake up." She kept on sobbing and talking to him. As she said those words she leaned towards him and gently placed her lips on his cold once.

Softly kissing him she felt the coldness of his soft lips and the fact of his death that she was trying to suppress kept on breaking through the wall she had built around her to protect herself from the truth. When she didn't feel him respond to her kiss the wall around her broke even more and she sobbed as she stopped kissing him.

" Please Ace wake up. Please don't leave me please." She said in a small voice almost whispering as she looked at him with loving eyes caressing his cheeks. His skin had turned ice cold a complete contrast to his usual warm skin. The warmth that she loved. The warmth that made her feel safe. It was gone. And this realisation made another huge crack on her walls.

" Please Ace please. Ace please. Please." She kept on mumbling as she laid her head gently on side of his chest being careful of his wound. As she kept on crying and mumbling, asking him to wake up and not leave her she suddenly stopped talking. Her lips started trembling and she started shaking. She suddenly hugged him tightly and started crying and sobbing loudly as her walls completely shattered when the final proof of his death hit her.

When she laid her head on his chest she didn't hear his soothing heartbeat. The same heartbeat that she fell asleep listening to. The same heartbeat that calmed her down when she felt nervous or scared. Those heartbeat didn't exist anymore. He was truly gone. And he was never coming back.

Everyone just kept on looking at her with teary eyes. Everyone was hurting with their deaths but seeing Jules grieve her lover's death was so unbearable that many just left the sight. Marco who had been holding his tears lost to himself the moment she had kissed Ace. Everyone remaining just silently cried as they saw Jules sob hysterically as she held onto Ace.

Soon she passed out with all the crying. " The exhaustion finally took over." Shanks said when he noticed getting Marco's attention. Marco saw her and was about to pick her up when Ben stopped him.

" I'll take her in. You are too injured get treated first. " He said to Marco and Marco nodded. Bend picked up Jules and took her inside the ship in the captain's quarters so that she was comfortable.

" That even made you cry didn't it?" Ben said as he came back to the deck and stood beside shanks. " Hu? Yeah i guess. She is gonna be in a miserable state. Not to compare but she's the most hurt here right now." Shanks said with a sigh.

The days here after are gonna be really hard for her, he thought. But he also knew that Jules was gonna survive this and come out stronger.