chapter 49

day by day luffy was learning more and more about Jules. there was their usual watching the sea at night where they talked about anything and everything. and then there was time when she played with him and Rose. and there was time when he would just observe her while doing something. like right now.

luffy sat on the ship railing with ussop and chopper for fishing. last night luffy had raided the fridge (luckily for him and unluckily for sanji as now there wasn't enough food to last till next island. however, if the three are successful in catching a good amount of fish then there won't be any problem.  so far chopper and ussop had caught quite a lot of fishes. luffy on the other hand was very much distracted by a certain turquoise-eyed crew member. 

a little far from the trio sat the three women of the crew in their bathing suits on the beach chairs sipping some cocktails while talking about something in a magazine. and from among the three the, turquoise eyed brunette had the ship captain captivated. luffy was never the one to actually notice any female in general. hell he had seen Hancock naked but there was nothing that caught his interest. some would even call him ......what was that word?????????? yeah asexual, apparently it meant he had no kind of attraction to any gender. but it was wrong. cause right now the constant urge to turn his head to the right so that he can look at Jules could only be called an attraction to her. 

* if you are thinking that luffy has understood what type of attraction then you are wrong. luffy only understands two types of attraction and that is towards food and adventure.*

hence he has concluded that, as Jules is not really food to be eaten nor is she an adventure this is some different type of attraction that he doesn't understand. but he really wants, no no no no he needs to know what this attraction is cause his neck is hurting now from constantly turning and looking at Jules. 

not only that he has had several clumsy moments more than usual because he couldn't stop the urge to look at Jules. Just a few days ago he was going back to his room at night after his usual talk with Jules when he had banged into the wall. but he concluded it was okay cause Jules had burst into a fit of laughter and she looked mesmerizing and her laugh sounded like sirens singing captivating him completely. he could not move and go in his room until she had completely stopped laughing. some days before that, they had been attacked by some marines and he had been again distracted by Jules who was doing her deadly dance-like fighting, and he had destroyed two other ships he promised he would leave for zoro to deal with. 

all in all luffy really needed to know what this new type of attraction was so that he can find a way to not get distracted by Jules. but he would do that later as right now Jules looked absolutely beautiful in that pink and orange bathing suit. The smile on her lips was small but genuine as she enjoyed her time with Nami and Robin. luffy had observed one more thing about Jules. it was something that had come up eventually as she had gotten more and more comfortable with the crew and started moving on from Ace and Witebeard old man's death. Of course she wasn't over that incident yet but it was a good work in progress. 

as she got back to her true self with every passing day healing little by little she started being more expressive. whatever she felt could be easily seen on her face. her expressions were always exaggerated and more than a normal person would show. it wasn't too much in a bad way though. luffy liked it. the way she would smile extra big if she was happy, or how her eyes would be filled with excitement and her smile would be more stretched when she was excited. how her frown would be instant and very prominent if she didn't like something. how her eyes would widen when shocked and how she would make an overly exaggerated face when she was disgusted by something. 

luffy isn't very poetic but if he had to compare this trait of Jules to something he would compare it to the sea. he isn't a sea expert like Nami or Jimbe but he still knows it. he knows how the slightest change which is felt by Nami affects the sea and how it suddenly changes. when the weather is pleasant and the wind is great the sea has big but gentle waves as if it's dancing happily. and it reminds Luffy of the night when he had seen Jules dance in the kitchen.  after that day many time during their night talk they would sit in the kitchen enjoying a mid-night snack made by Jules and she would without hesitation play the radio and dance to the songs. luffy loved to see her dance.