chapter 70

"Why aren't they back yet?" chopper cried as he looked at the island worriedly. the crew as ordered by Luffy had reached sunny. it has been almost half an hour since they left Luffy and Jules behind in that temple. everyone was worried as they waited for the return of their captain and newest crew member. 

Rose had cried and cried and had fallen asleep. " do you think they were burned to death by those laser machines? and now their burnt corpse lay there in the temple while we wait for them?" Robin asked coming out of the Girl's quarters. She had just put Rose to bed. " oi, Robin don't say such things." Ussop sweatdropped hearing the archeologist's morbid thoughts. " but seriously, are they okay?" he wondered looking at Zoro indirectly asking him.

"Luffy will be back with Jules," Zoro said staring at the forest edge and waiting for his captain to return. luffy wasn't going to get defeated by such lousy things. he has to be alright, and he will be back. zoro kept on telling himself. As they waited, the previously sunny sky above the island had turned dark like the one surrounding it. 

" hu is that who I think it is." Brook mumbled to himself as he stared at the forest edge curiously. " hu, oh oh, it's," he yelled as he realized what or who it was. " it's Luffy san. everyone, Luffy san is coming here." the skeleton yelled as he saw his captain running towards the ship with Jules in his arms.

" hu, luffyyyyy" Chopper cried out in relief and so did Ussop. " that rubber head what took him so long?" Nami grumbled angrily. Still, the relief in her voice could be noticed. "finally the captain is here, but our Jules Chan doesn't look suuuuperrr great." Franky pointed out noticing an unconscious Jules in Luffy's arms.

when Luffy reached closer to the sunny he Jumped high and landed on the deck almost losing his balance and dropping Jules. " chopper, ju...ju... Jules." he said breathlessly falling on his knees still holding Jules. he looked exhausted and there was no hint of happiness in his expression. his eyes were searching for the doctor desperately all over the deck. worry and fear clouding his eyes. he let out a breath he didn't notice he was holding when Chopper hurriedly walked over to him gasping looking at the completely drenched Juels in Luffy's arms.

"Luffy lay her down. someone get a few towels, her body temperature is too low." Chopper ordered checking the unconscious woman and examining her now pale face and lips. Nami and Robin hurried to the girl's room and brought out a few towels. 

" I'll prepare a hot soup for when she wakes up," Sanji said walking back into the kitchen. " Luffy, after we left how long was she in water?" chopper asked now checking her heartbeat. " I don't know after you left I was trying to figure out how to get her out but as soon as I touched the water, I got too weak, weaker than usual, and then I eventually fell unconscious. when I woke up she was lying there on the floor completely drenched and shivering." luffy explained now chopper, Nami, and Robin started drying Jules as much as they could.

it seems she was in that water till not so long ago. you must be unconscious for about 20 to 30 minutes. She seems fine, there isn't any injury or anything, just that her body temperature has dropped too much and she is unconscious." chopper explained sighing with relief. luffy was too relaxed now that he knew Jules wasn't in any danger.

"Nami let's get her into a warm bath and some fresh clothes," Robin suggested and Nami nodded. gently holding Jules, they took her to the bathrooms.

everyone else moved to the galley now waiting for the girls to return. " it's weird though." chopper said after some minute of silence in the galley and everyone present looked at him. " what are you talking about chopper?" Ussop asked. " Jules, she..she was in that water globe for so long but when I checked her there was not a trace of water in her lungs." the reindeer explained. " she must have held her breath chopper." Luffy said confidently. " oi, Luffy, no human can hold their breath for so long." Ussop sweatdropped. " he is right luffy, Jules is not a Fishman, she can't hold her breath for so long." jimbe agreed.

the door to the galley opened as Robin and Nami walked in. " nami! Robin! did she wake up?" luffy perked up and asked. " not yet." Robin responded. " what are you guys so serious about?" Nami asked as the two ladies took their seats at the table. " chopper here said that when he checked Jules, there was no water in her lungs, which is supposed to be impossible as no human can hold their breath for so long." Ussop explained to the newcomers.

" but then, what could be the reason that such a thing happened?" Nami wondered. " well I have a theory." Franky said catching everyone's attention. " what does that mean?" luffy asked scratching his head. " he means he might know the reason why Jules had no water in her lungs," Robin explained to the rubber captain. luffy just formed an o with his mouth and nodded. 

" ne Robin, you remember what we saw in that book?" Franky asked directly looking at Robin. " we saw a lot of things in that book Franky, which one are you talking about?" Franky leaned back in his chair. " the drawing of those people from this island." he said and Robin's eyes widened. " it can't be, now can it?" Robin wondered very much shocked surprising everyone else with her reaction. the calm and composed archeologist was rarely found slightly surprised and never as surprised as she looked right now. 

" oi what are you two talking about?" zoro asked annoyed, as he didn't understand what was happening. " well Swordsman San. when we saw that old book about Oceania on the other half island, there was a painting on one of the pages. the drawing was a scene of a celebration and in the middle of the festivities a person who looked like the village chief sat. and that person's eyes were colored the same shade as Jules's eyes. Danny and his family told us there that Turquoise eyes are one of the major traits of people of Oceania." Robin explained looking at each and everyone sitting around the table.

" so what do you think Jules is from this island? but you also said that there are no pure oceaninan people anymore." Jimbe pointed out. " that is true. but descendants of the people who migrated out of this island sometimes inherit the turquoise eyes. Jules may be one such descendent." Robin countered.

" but again that doesn't properly explain what happened in that temple." Nami said sighing and leaning her head on the table, exhausted from the eventful day. " there was something else in that drawing too." Franky pointed out and Robin looked at him confused. " along with that chief another man was sitting there, he had pink red eyes. the same color Luffy's eyes turned when he was in gear 5." everyone looked at Luffy, 's chair and found it empty.

" stop raiding the fridge, you bottomless pit," Sanji yelled as he saw Luffy with his mouth full of god knows what all things in front of the now open fridge. after giving him some kicks, Sanji dragged back the captain to the dining table.

just as they were about to get back on their topic the galley door again opened revealing distressed-looking Jules.