chapter 5

JULES POV

we have been on the sea for hours now. following the long pose Marco had we were hoping that we reach an island soon. i was extremely exhausted and covered in sweat. my contractions had become worse as the time between the next one was getting less and less. according to macro I was almost 8 to 9 cm dilated now and we needed to find an island soon as I could go into labour anytime now.

my throat was dry and I needed water but we didn't have any. i was extremely dehydrated and feeling weak. " macro I.......i am scared......the the baby will come any time now and .......i don't don't think I have enough energy." I looked at macro as he was looking around with his binaculors for an island. " it will be alright jules. i am here we will see an island soon. don't worry just try to calm down and keep your body relaxed." he said turning the other side to see in that direction.

i let out a shallow breath as I tried to relax my body. i looked at him and frowned. that idiot telling me to relax and calm down when he was looking like that. marco was a very calm person. he rarely panicked or freaked out. but right now was the greatest sight of it all. he had never looked this scared or panicked or frustrated or worried. his expression suddenly changed to that of surprise.

" is that?......" he said and he adjusted the bunaculors and checked again. " its a ship. jules its a ship doesn't look like a marine ship." he said with a small smile of relief. " whose ship is it?" I asked a little relieved but it didn't show as another wave of pain hit me.

" I looks like.........hu?........that's........that's the kuja pirates." he said even more surprised then before. the kuja pirates. they were lead by the pirate empress boa hancock as far as I knew. she had helped luffy during the war to save Ace but she was also warlord meaning she worked for the government. i couldn't tell if we could trust her and ask for help or not.

but before me or macro could make a decision the ship was already headed our way. marco got to my side and held me protectively as the huge ship got closer. i whimpered as i felt the pain again worse than before. breathing deeply i tried to relax but as i expected the pain didn't stop but only increased. i clutched onto marco's shirt trying to get his attention but just then the huge ship stooped beside our small boat.

" its Marco the phoniex " a woman shouted standing at the railing. i whimpered against marco again as the pain increased and he looked at me worried. he looked back at the ship and thought for a moment. i looked at him confused. what was he thinking of doing.

" macro the phoniex, its ironic to see you here like this drifting on the sea." came a very soft but stern voice of a woman. " pirate empress boa hancock, well I am surprised to see you here too.yoi" macro said in an oddly friendly manner. he was never so formal or friendly.

" pirate empress look its edward jules with him." another woman said surprised. " looks like you guys are in some kinda trouble." Hancock said amused. " pirate empress, you are right we need help, jules...she is about to go into labour any moment and needs proper treatment. please I request you to help us." macro said politely. i held him closer as the pain increased and tried to suppress a scream. " and why would I help you?" hancock said arrogently flipping her hair. " please. she needs help right now, we were attacked my the neavy and she started getting contractions in this worst situation. she will go into labour any minute now please help us , help her."

macro almost begged her now and I couldn't help but cry burying my face in his chest. the kuja pirates weren't exactly our allies but for me he was ready to beg them for help. i looked up at hancock standing by the railing proudly. " please." I said and before I could say any thing else unbearable pain shoot through me and I screamed. " jules." macro pulled me I a tight embrace stroking my hair to calm me down as I cried in pain.