chapter 23

" yes that Sabo. some of the crew met him in dressrosa and we keep track of his activities as he is luffy's brother." nami said going back to work on her maps. but jules was shocked. Ace often talked about his brothers ofcourse. he would sometimes cry or wake up with nightmares where he saw Sabo die. but that same Sabo. the brother who Ace mourned for often, was alive. she remembers Ace had told her how Sabo died. but how can he be alive? did Ace have no clue about this? and if its true and Sabo is alive why didn't he contact Ace all these years.

coming out of thoughts Jules asked nami in an unsure voice. " what..... what do you mean by that? is......is Sabo alive?" nami looked at jules confused at first. as the realisation dawned on her, nami's expression turned into a sad but understanding one. with a sigh she said softly, " yes, yes Sabo is alive." hundreds of questions ran through Jules's mind and she couldn't understand how is it possible. " but... but how?" Jules asked confused as hell.

" it's better to hear that from luffy I think." nami said with a soft smile. after moment Jules just nodded. " I guess, I'll do that. anyway thanks nami." jules said turning around to leave. " wait, jules. the money you saved, keep it to yourself. its the money you and Ace saved for your future, don't add it to crew's finances." nami said with an  ' do not argue about this look' and jules sighed in understanding and left with a nod.

as jules walked out on the deck all she was thinking about was what she had just found out. lost in her thoughts she reached the deck and was zoned in by the sound of laughs. she looked towards the center of the deck where Rose and luffy were playing and laughing and giggling. their laugh was contagious as a huge smile spread on Jules's face as she looked at the duo.

" mumma, come here come here." Rose noticed her and called out excitedly. Jules nodded and walked towards them. " mumma look what fifi can do." Rose said getting out of luffy's hold and jumping excitedly as luffy laughed and lay down on the grassy floor. Jules watched curiously wondering what was going on. 

luffy took a huge breath and he started inflating like a balloon. once he was done he looked at Rose and gestured for her to go on. the little girl squealed and jumped on luffy's inflated body and bounced up In the air again landing on the inflated bouncy body. it was like a trampoline. Jule couldn't help but laugh at the sight. it was hilarious as well as amazing to see Rose having so much fun.

soon luffy couldn't hold any more air inside him. when Rose landed on him again he held her firmly and close to himself and let go of air as he deflated and flew around just like what happens when you let go of the air. Jule panicked as luffy had no control in which direction he will fly and what surface he will hit. but she sighed in relief when he landed on the grassy deck curled up like a ball.

concern washed over Jules for luffy as well as Rose who was in luffy's arms all this time. they landed a little far from her as she ran towards them worried they got hurt. as she reached them all she heard was cute muffled giggles she knew so well. still concerned she looked at the curled-up luffy who slowly uncurled and Jules saw a laughing, giggling Rose clinging to luffy's chest and his arms wrapped several times around her protectively. 

" again, again." Rose cheered laughing her heart out and luffy laughed along with her. " yosh lets do it again." he said excitedly as he got up. " what? no... you are not doing that again. that was very dangerous. what if you two got hurt. nothing would happen to you luffy cause you are rubber but Rose might get hurt." Jules said now a little angry. glaring at the duo. " but umma fifi hold me. i don't get hurt." Rose tried to reason but shut her mouth with one glare from her mother.

" oh common Jules, she is having fun and i promise she wont get hurt, I'll protect her." Luffy said in a bored tone not really reading the atmosphere and the glare Jules was throwing his way. " luffy i sware to god if i see one scratch on my daughter I'll show you what my knives can do." Jules said with dark aura around her now. luffy who was picking his nose now suddenly felt the aura and shivered. his gaze slowly moving and landing on Jules who looked ready to beat him up. his natural face soon turned into that of sheepinsh smile as he laughed while scratching the back of his neck. " shishishsihsi, Jules, no...no need to get mad, I...i won't do that okay, just don't, don't get mad." Jules still glared at luffy and narrowed her eyes. her eyes landed on Rose who stood beside him with the cutest puppy eyes and a small pout.

oh how she could never stay strong in front of that expression. Rose was quite smart and knew when to exactly use that cute expression, such a little devil she was. Jules looked at the duo for a moment and then sighed, giving up on the argument. " you little devil, fine you two can play but luffy don't you dare delfate and fly around randomly with Rose. let her get off first." Jules said with a defeated expression and just shook her head as the duo grinned with happiness. 

" island ahead." zoro's voice spread across the ship from the speaker on the crow's nest. luffy and Rose who were about to play the trampoline thingy again stopped and ran towards the railing. Jules too stood beside them as they saw the island getting closer and closer. rest of the crew too came out on the deck at the announcement to get ready to dock. 

" umph, fifi I wanna see, wanna see." Rose said with a frown as she couldn't see the island clearly because of the railing bars. luffy laughed at that and before Jules could pick up Rose luffy did and seated her on the railing. " luffy careful" Jules said a little worried about Rsoe sitting on the railing. 

luffy just nodded and wrapped his arms around Rose securely so that she doesn't fall. " haaaaaaa, so small." Rose said as she clearly saw the island. jules and luffy laughed at that, " its not so small Rose, its very big, it looks small cause its still very far." Jules explained and Rose just nodded still staring at the sea and the island.

Jules could see, she could see the sparks In little Rose's eyes as the beautiful turquoise eyes that matched hers looked at the sea. just those sparks in her eyes could tell anyone she was born pirate, that pirate blood ran through her veins and the sea called to her. after all she is Portugas.D.Rose.