chapter 46

everyone was waiting for Jules to come with Rose so that they can start the lunch. well................. at least luffy was trying. luffy had insisted that he would wait till Jules and Rose come though it seemed to be hard job now.  luffy was anxiously shaking his leg under the table and sweating like a waterfall because of the efforts he was taking to mot eat the food kept in front of him.

" eat it if you cant hold yourself anymore, you idiot. god damn it stop shaking that leg." zoro yelled annoyed by the constant sound of the table shaking. " no, we will start when Jules and Rose come." luffy said stubbornly. everyone sweatdropped knowing that it wont be long before luffy loses his control. suddenly luffy felt a familiar shiver run through his body. 

its been a long time since he felt that shiver. luffy started sweating more because of that and his expression turned to that of a little scared one. zoro and sanji immediately noticed the shift in their captain's demeanor and got alert. 

" oi ussop, check who is..." before luffy could finish his sentence there was a thud sound from the main deck. " that was not Jules or Rose." ussop said immediately, getting nervous. Luffy got up from his seat and walked toward the galley door. opening the door it turned out his guess was right. the one man he is scared of is here. " long time no seen, eh luffy." said the man in his deep and rough voice. " what are you doing here?" luffy asked, his tone serious and cold. he walked down to the main deck  " hahahahaha, cant I come to see you, you brat." the man replied.

" if you think you can capture me then let me tell you I am not as weak as I used to be." luffy said with a determined look. there was no doubt luffy was still somewhat scared of this man but that didn't mean he couldn't fight him if needed. " hahahahah, I know, I know the punch you threw on my face last time we met and the latest incidents at wano clearly show how strong you have got. i still think you could have become a great marine but I guess its too late now seeing you are one of the yonko." the gray-haired tall man said with a  tired sigh. 

" aaaaaaaa, its luffy's grandpa, he is gonna attack us with cannon balls again and then capture us, whhhhaaaaaaa, our bounties are too high too now, we are doomed." chopper cried running here and there and then hiding behind zoro. " ne chopper your bounty is only 100 berries, you dont need to worry too much." ussop said thoughtfully and chopper got ticked by that. " he its not my fault they think i am the pet of the ship." chopper said.

" hu, that tanuki is not the pet?" the old man said confused. " I AM NOT A TANUKI DAMN IT, AND NO I AM NOT THE PET, I AM THE DOCTOR OF THIS SHIP." chopper yelled feeling offended. " ah sorry about that i guess, you are a good doctor considering this brat likes to fight such big shots." the man said with a laugh. " hey you bastard, that doesn't make me happy at all you dumbass." chopper said being all flustered. the old man sweat dropped. 

" what are you doing here ji-chan." luffy asked loosing his tough aura a bit, seeing his grandpa in a casual mood. " well i came to meet my grandson, what else." garp said laughing hartily.  luffy was always good at reading people so he didn't buy what his grandpa said. " what are you here for?" luffy asked again this time a little serious. garp huffed at that. his grandson wasn't that clueless. " i am here to see them, they are with you right?" garp said seriously, and luffy sighed. 

" yes, they are with us." luffy said. just as he said that the door to the girl's quarters opened and a happily giggling Rose came out wearing a cute purple dress and orange ribbons on her two pigtails. " papa, let's eat. mumma said ok, we play before nap." rose said as she ran towards luffy. as a habit luffy stretched his hands and picked up Rose pulling her to himself and laughed when her head lightly bumped into his shoulder. " shishishishi, you look all fresh chubs." luffy said smiling at Rose. " papa, we play after lunch." Rose said happily. after a lot of convincing Jules had allowed her to play a little before her nap. " shishishi, okay lets play after lunch." luffy agreed happily. 

Rose noticed the unknown man standing behind luffy, staring at her. he was very tall, and big and had a scar on his face. she always thought sacrs were cool, luffy had them, uncle zoro had them jimbe had them too. scars were cool so Rose thought this man must be cool. luffy noticed Rose smiling at someone behind him and then turned around. he remembered that his Ji-chan was here. he was about to introduce garp to Rose when he noticed, Rose had started shaking in his arms. 

he looked at Rose and saw the terrified expression on her face. Rose thought this big old man in front of her was cool until see saw him completely. until she saw the clothes of that old man. the white in his clothes was terrifying and the blue with it was like the deep sea she feared drowning in. That outfit, she had seen it before. it was just like the many outfits worn by the people who had hurt her mother, who had chased them from island to island. the marines uniform was nothing but pain and suffering for the little girl. when she saw the uniform all she wanted was to run away and hide with her mumma. this man was one of those people that had hurt her and her mother and she was terrified of them. 

" chubs, hey chubs, whats wrong, you okay?" rose heard luffy say and immediately hugged him burying her face in the crook of his neck, still trembling with fear. " he bad guy luffy, he hurt mumma." rose mumbled only for luffy to hear. " hu, what are you saying Rose?" luffy asked confused. " he hurt mumm, he bad, I am scared papa, he hurt mumma." Rose said a little louder and everyone heard it. Rose was scared of Garp.