chapter 30

" ok you ready to go?" nami asked Rose who was standing on her and her mothers bed. " umph" Rose nodded. nami picked her up and put her on the ground so she could walk. " lets go then. you wait here and come out when I tell you to." nami siad opening the door to the girls quarters.

she stepped out and saw the whole crew sitting on the grassy deck looking at the girls quarters door with anticipation. " ok guys, all of you ready to see our cute little Rose chan?" nami asked and everyone cheered in agreement. " hey nami what are we doing anyway?" luffy asked munching on a piece of meat looking bored. " I told you luffy we are having a fashion show for Rose chan. " nami said annoyed. she had told that to him so many times till now. " I know what you said but whats a fashion show?" luffy asked finishing his meat. " rose chan wants to show you all her new clothes luffy. that's why we are doing a fashion show." nami explained. luffy just nodded really not understanding the need for doing all this.

what was the need to show off all the clothes to others? its only clothes people will see anyway when you wear them. whats the need to do a fashion show.

" now, come out Rose chan." nami said and Rose stepped out shyly looking down. she came out and stood beside nami in front of everyone. " yohohohoho, that's so pretty Rose chan." brook said looking at the little girls with aww." Rose chan you are looking suuuuuuppperrrrr cute." frankly said with tears in his eyes god knows why. " just like a cute little princess." sanji exclaimed. " kawai." robin said stunned to see Rose." she looks pretty" jimbe said with a laugh. " she is looking so cute nami." ussop said  with star eyes looking at the cute looking girl. "hehehe, so cute." chopper said jumping with happiness. " this dress looks even better than I imagined." Jules siad with a huge smile on her face.  zoro didn't give any huge reaction but just nodded at everyone's compliment in agreement. 

apart from them all luffy. he was honestly bored and wondering why was all this necessary but when Rose walked out in that cute dress he realised what this was needed. she looked so so so cute in the cute red skirt with a white top that had a ship embroidaried on it. her jet black soft hair was tied in two pigtails with red rubberband. and two clips with strawhat design were placed by the pigtails. she had a huge smile on her face and was giggling happily as everyone complimented her. she twirled around showing off her skirt. she was also wearing black sandles with red bows on them. she was the cutes kid he had ever seen. he wanted to just hug her and shower her with kisses all over the face. he wanted to show her off to everyone as she looked so pretty and cute as well as keep her away from the world so that no one saw her and she was safe. he didn't understand how he should express his emotions in that moment. 

Rose looked so cute and it had for some reason overwhelmed him. she looked so pretty. he didn't know how to react, what should he do. how should he tell her that she looked beautiful in that outfit and the cutest girl in this world. he wasn't able to form words of compliment too. everyone was showering her with complements but he didn't understand what to say.

Rose's attention stopped on him as she walked to stand directly in front of him. she smiled at him, waiting for him to say something to her, tell her how the dress looked. but when he said nothing and just stared at her her heart sank. did fif not like her dress. she loved this dress a lot but maybe fifi didn't. tears started to form in her eyes and her lips turned into a pout. and the sight broke luffy out of his confusion. as he saw the tears stream down her face the image of Ace's crying face flashed before him. she looked just like him while crying too. Ace, yes Ace was the answer to his dispire. 

He wanted to say so many things but.....but for some reason it didn't feel right. What he wanted to say was something a father would say. It felt like whatever compliment he wanted to say to her wasn't his to say. Like it wasnt his place. It was Ace's place to say that.

He had seen many men with their daughters. Being the emotional observer he was he easily saw the specific way those men talked to their daughters. The things they said to them.

And the words that were in the tip of his tongue were not his to say. If he said those words he would claim something that wasn't true. But that's what he honestly felt. And he was very very bad a lying.

Luffy had never thought so much before speaking in his entire life. But he couldn't just speak right now without thinking. So after a moment of thinking he finally said.

" hey Chubs. you look so cute, the cutest girl in the world." Rose sniffled as she stopped crying." Really Fifi?" She asked with big curious eyes as luffy picked her up and kissed her cheek. " Yes, and you know who else would love this outfit? Ace. your dad would say this too. he would say my Rose is the cutes and the most beautiful girl in this world. she is my cute little precious princess." luffy said with a huge smile on his face.

There he said it. He said what he wanted to and smartly disguised it as Ace's words. It wasn't really a lie. Those were the words meant for Ace to say. No matter how much it was,luffy who wanted to say that those were supposed to come from Ace cause he was her dad but still luffy managed to say what he truly wanted and gave the honor that belonged to Ace.

Rose wasn't his in that sense. Yes she was the daughter of his beloved brother but that's it she was to him. Yes they had a special bond but everytime he was with her he couldn't help his deeper emotions. And when he thought of acting on those emotions he felt like he was taking Ace's place in her life. Like he was taking away what was Ace's and trying to replace him in her life.

He didn't want that though. He had no intention of replacing Ace in Rose's life but his emotions felt like he would if he acted on them.

After all she was his Brother's daughter. Technically she was his niece and he her uncle though she didn't call him that. Deep down in his heart though he knew what he wanted was not be her uncle but something much more closer and important than that. He couldn't tell what it was cause he knew he was slow but he liked this feeling. And he was curious to know what it really was. What was it that his heart really wanted?

But at the end of the day the only thing that mattered was that Rose should be happy.

Looking at Rose he saw her skipping around the deck showing off another different outfit. He couldn't help the soft fond smile dancing on his lips as he saw her have fun and happy giggling every now and then.

'cute' he thought.