030.

MIAMI, FLORIDA
THURSDAY 11/23

_____________________

"I'm so glad you came to Miami, sweetie. I missed you so much." Tiffany cooed as they sat at the kitchen island eating the small meal she made.

Since it was only Drew and Tiffany, she never really cooked large Thanksgiving meals. On their plates were biscuits, jerk wings, mac & cheese, yams, and collard greens.

They didn't really care for turkey and since Tiffany lived by herself, she wasn't wasting money on a ham.

"I missed you too, mom." Drew smiled shyly as she bit into her jerk chicken, "It honestly feels good to be back. I needed a break."

"Well, what's going on?" Tiffany asked while taking a sip of her wine.

"Ion' know..." Drew trailed off as she placed the bone from the chicken down and moved onto another piece.

"Why don't you ever want to talk to anybody? You can't hold all this weight, Drew. It's not good for my grandson." She started mixing her yams and mac & cheese.

Drew dropped her chicken on her plate and looked up at the ceiling while blinking her eyes profusely to refrain from crying. She hated how much of a crybaby she was becoming.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Tiffany instantly stood up and wrapped her arms around her daughter, "Is it Amari?"

"I'm just so tired, so fucking tired." She shook her head while Tiffany just nodded her head slowly and continued to comfort her.

The woman didn't even mind the fact that her daughter was using vulgar language. She was just glad she was expressing herself. Whatever it took to let out her feelings.

"I'm just ready to get him outta' me so I can stop crying, mommy. I cry so fucking much." Drew tucked in her lips as tears streamed down her face.

"Well it's a reason you're feeling this way. You don't just cry for no reason, Drew." Tiffany let her go and looked over her daughter's face.

"Amari keeps putting me through hell and it's just coming left and right." She sighed while wiping her eyes, "I keep breakin' things off with him but it's like—he just goes and does whatever the fuck he wanna' do while I sit here and carry this fucking baby."

"Well that ain't right. You can't be mad at him 'cause he fuckin' off. You sayin' you don't want the man." Tiffany tooted her lip up a bit, "Now don't get me wrong, there are ways to go about situations but everyone copes differently."

Although Drew didn't want to hear what her mother was saying, her mother's words were true. While some people may think Nino shouldn't mess with other women out of respect for the mother of his child, some believe that he's not doing anything wrong being that they were not together.

"Also, is he telling you what he's doing?"

"No, that's the fucking problem! I'm finding out through the bitches left and right. They comin' at me sideways because I'm the one who "lucked up."" She used air quotations with her hands, "I didn't luck up. I'm stuck with this man for eighteen years at the least."

"Drew you're not stuck. You have to figure out what you want for yourself and what you think is best for the baby. Don't worry about other people's opinions. If you love him, y'all both need to make it right with each other and you need to start standing on shit." Tiffany explained as she sat back down in her seat.

"Let that nigga know that you're not tolerating none of that shit. Don't let Amari walk all over you. I raised you to be a nice, young lady but not no pushover. You're a beautiful girl—kid or not men are going to want to snatch you up. You better make him recognize that you're the prize."