013.

WEST MEMPHIS, ARKANSAS
WEDNESDAY 05/10

___________________________

"I'm certain everything will be up and running by the beginning of summer, boss." One of the hispanic workers, Julio spoke up.

Nino was currently at his club, checking over the renovations. Although he trusted Julio and his team, he wanted to lay eyes on everything himself. He believed the bosses eyes were the best eyes and he was the boss.

"Aight. It betta' be. That's when the most bread finna' be comin' in." Nino dug in his pocket to pull out his vibrating phone. Quickly looking at the caller ID, he saw that it was his mother.

"It's all about the benjamin's." Julio gave a toothy smile before laughing and rubbing his hands together. He knew he was going to get paid because Nino always knew how to break off bread.

"Yessir." Nino quickly dapped him up, "Y'all keep that shit up." Making his way out of the club and to his Porsche truck, he rubbed circles around his stomach.

"The fuck, slim. Shit hurtin' like a muhfucka'." He muttered to himself while heading out of the club doors. He then quickly answered his mother's call.

Lately his stomach had been hurting for the past three days and he even threw up twice yesterday. Nino was a person who rarely got sick because he took so much care of his health. He visited the doctor annually and made sure to go to the dentist every six months.

He didn't know what had his stomach upset but he didn't have time to be slacking. Nino needed to make sure he had his club running by the summer so he could start washing his money. He also had other investments he was thinking about possibly making.

"Amari Nathaniel Banks, I swore I told you to bring that ass ova' my house so we could talk." Lori yelled into the phone making Nino groan and suck his teeth.

He never went to see his mother because he didn't feel like hearing her mouth or dealing with the shenanigans. Honestly, he went AWOL on everyone and was prioritizing his club.

Nino texted Drew every now and again but it was small talk and it was nothing compared to seeing her in person. He didn't like texting because it wasn't personal and he swore the government had everyone's phone tapped.

"Ma, Ion' wanna hear nun' 'bout Charice. I haven't even spoken to that girl." He mugged the phone as he hopped into the drivers seat of his car. Starting it up, he let the phone transfer over to bluetooth.

"Amari, please, I have to talk to you about something important." Lori held the bridge of her nose. Her son was so hardheaded.

"Aight ma, I'm on the way." Hanging up and throwing his phone down into the cup holder, Nino sped off heading towards his mother's house.

Unforgettable by Drake was blasting throughout his car. It was one of the songs that Drew put him onto and it reminded him of her. When he couldn't see her, he tried to listen to the music that she put him onto.

Twenty minutes passed, and Nino was backing his car into his mother's driveway in front of her white Tesla.

Grabbing his belongings, he hopped out and made his way over to the front door. Knocking on it, the door quickly swung open to his mother.

"Finally, damn nea' had to beg ya'." Lori rolled her eyes and gave her son a hug.

Lori resembled a darkskin Vivica Fox in her younger days. The woman was only forty-two and stood at 5'10. She had Nino when she was twenty years old.

Nino sucked his teeth and made his way inside after she stepped out of the way. Lori closed the door behind her and looked over her son.

"What you been up to?" Lori said with attitude lacing her voice as she switched over to her living room and took a seat on the couch. Nino was right behind her and took a seat in a chair near the couch.