023.

WEST MEMPHIS, ARKANSAS
WEDNESDAY 08/21

______________________________

"Congratulations, Drew! You are four months today." Doctor Kelly smiled up at the girl as she did her ultrasound, "You have now entered the second trimester. I see you're starting to show, too!"

"It feels like everything's going by so fast." Drew smiled as she saw her baby on the monitor, "I'm so excited, I can't believe that's inside of little ole' me."

"So when can we know the gender?" Nino stood up and looked at the monitor which instantly made him crack a small smile.

This was the first time the two had seen each other since Drew's graduation. He stopped by and dropped off some gifts on her birthday but he didn't end up seeing Drew.

Her last appointment, Nino couldn't make it because he was busy.

"Well, we normally wait until about 18-22 weeks." Doctor Kelly explained as she began cleaning up, "So in about two more weeks, you can come back and—"

"My friend Eva's planning a gender reveal for me so I'll bring her here to get everything." Drew cut her off and sent a quick glare at Nino.

"Awesome sauce! Sounds like a plan. I'll give you two a moment." Doctor Kelly smiled brightly before heading out of the room and closing the door behind her.

Drew remained quiet while getting herself together. She didn't want to talk to Nino and the only reason they were together was for their baby.

"You ain't gon' say nun' to me?" Nino spoke up as she collected her items.

"No, Amari, I'm not." Drew headed over to the door which instantly made him grab her, "Don't touch me."

"Now it's that. Drew stop fuckin' playin' with me fo' real, slim." He said sternly as he mugged her.

"Aint nobody playing, Nino. I'm so deadass serious right now. All I want to do is go home, I'm fucking tired! I've been working like shit these past couple of months." Her voice was raised at this point.

Ever since she started working at Kroger, she's barely had any off days being that she was always picking up extra shifts.

She was lucky to have one day off but she knew she couldn't depend on anybody plus she needed to get out of Terricka's house so she was going to continue to stack her bread.

"Aight, I gotchu' but lemme' say sum' and I want you to listen, Drew." He softened his tone as he looked over her, "I'm sorry for actin' out and talkin' crazy. You'on deserve that. I know you got otha' shit on yo' plate, baby."

Drew stared at him for a moment, taking in all of his words before she instantly bursted into tears. She was so stressed, and tired, and just felt—hopeless. Although she wasn't doing everything by herself, it felt like she was.

Many men didn't understand how much stress carrying a child is especially since they don't actually carry. It was starting to take a toll on Drew and all she really wanted to do was lay down for the remainder of her pregnancy.

She had nobody to talk to except for Eva. Nobody to confide in. Although her and Tracy were back cordial, she wasn't comfortable with Tracy knowing her business. She no longer trusted her nor Mo'nasia.