085. everyone's just nosy

Începe de la început

"alright, well you have your phone, text us if you need us for anything."

"i will."

getting up and swinging her school back over her shoulders, she then wandered down to the school's field. her eyes landing on jonah and his friends for a couple seconds as she passed by his table, which she had instantly looked away from as she heard him faintly call out to her.

hey ruby," penelope spoke with a small pep in her step as she glanced over to the girl and the cheer team running over their stretches.

"penny.. what's up now?" ruby replied as she got up.

"um i'm having- it's my birthday in a couple weeks and i'm having an eighteen x halloween x taylor swift party and wanted to invite you and your friends to it? it's on the twenty-eighth."

"is ollie gonna be there?"

"um.. i can tell him not to come if you don't want him there.."

"your gonna uninvited him from his own house?" she chuckled.

"oh it's at the community hall. our parents don't want me to have it at home after ollie's last party."

"makes sense," she nodded. "i'll come. i don't really care if ollie's there, i was just asking."

"okay, well it's um since it's at the hall, i'm limited to amount of people and stop people i don't want there showing up, i'm giving out taylor song bracelets as like a wristband to get in."

"oh cool.. do you have getaway car?"

"i do actually," she nodded. "do you want to take this, it has all the info, you can just a send a photo of it to your friends.." she handed her the paper before searching the bag for the requested bracelet. "i should have it in here."

"if you don't, it's cool, i'll take any, i just like that song."

"here it is," she smiled as she pulled it out and handed it over. "do you have like a.. boyfriend or anyone that you'll like to bring?"

"no girl, i haven't found anyone yet like you," she chuckled. "parading him around the other night, jonah was visibly jealous."

"he's not my boyfriend," penelope shook her head.

"mh sure.. but just my friends," she pointed her finger over to the girls still warming up. "how many can come?"

"um.." she glanced over at them, quickly coming. "they can all come, i don't mind. i can have one hundred, and i don't have that many friends.."

"hey, who wants to come to penny's taylor swift, halloween, birthday party? come get a bracelet of off her."

"that's so cringe," one of them muttered not very quietly.

"sonia, shut the fuck up, no one asked for your fucking opinion," ruby scoffed. "if you don't wanna come then don't."

"no i'll go, i don't want a childish bracelet though."

"you can just wear it on the night to get in and leave it on the table once inside, i don't mind-"

"no, she doesn't need to go," ruby politely interrupted penelope. "don't even give her one."

"okay.." she quietly responded as she continued to hand out bracelets to the other girls.

as the final classes off the day passed, it was now the afternoon and penelope and her friends had all met up after the bell — minus marco since he needed to head home to watch his younger siblings.

slowly making their way to the school's gym, knowing the boys sometimes took their time after getting changed in the locker rooms. penelope soon instantly stopping and stepping back around the corner as did her friends once they saw the group of boys heading in.

deciding to give them a couple minutes, the group of friends then continued the walk down the hallway. opening the door and having majority of the eyes on them as they walked inside.

"no offence but this isn't really your place.." ian broke the slightly awkward silence, glanced around the space full of guys then back at the four.

"mh," aurora softly hummed. "well i know you lot like parties so i think you should maybe keep your misogynistic comments to yourself.."

"are you guys throwing a party?" one of the other boy's furrowed.

"mhm," penelope nodded.

"when, what for?" jack questioned.

"my birthday and halloween," she replied.

"are you aware that halloween is on a tuesday this year?" jonah added.

"yeah, of course i know when my birthday is, and i already have other plans that night well before the party was a thought," she explained.

"on halloween? that's sick!" zach exclaimed.

"anyway the party's on the saturday. the twenty-eighth. costumes aren't necessary but appreciated."

"mh, we can make it then," jonah replied on the group's behalf.

"okay well here's the info," she separated a couple of the invitations and handed them to different boys. "just send a photo around or whatever, i don't care."

"is says here show taylor bracelet for entry?" corbyn asked, looking over at her. "are we suppose to make our own or what? cause that fuck."

"nope, let me get to that," she said as she grabbed out the bag of bracelets, individually hanging one to each off the boy, making her way around the room.

"wait can we swap, i want that one," jack begged zach after realising they were song title, receiving a confused look from penelope's friends. "what? i have all sisters, i'll listen to some swifty on the downlow."

"not so downlow now after announcing it to the whole room," elias snickered.

"penny?" jonah furrowed as she walked back over to her friends, avoiding him after giving one to everyone else in the room.

"oh whoops, guess i'm one short.." penelope glanced around the room as she pretended to care.

"you have more in that bag? and on your arm?!"

"but they're for other people," she shrugged with a small smirk. "sorry, my bad, must've miss counted. anyway got things to do."

"penny..?" jonah watched as she and her friends turned around and headed to the door — not once looking back. "penelope, what the fuck?!"

"shouldn't have fucked her over," daniel laughed.

"shut the fuck up," he scoffed, grabbing his arm and somewhat harshly pulling it in closer to himself. "give me that fucking bracelet."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
guys there's no tinder boy
anymore got the ick and lost all
interest in milliseconds lmao