001. you're so into me

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter one

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter one

third person.

"everyone settle down," mr palgrave gained the attention of the grade twelve math class. "i know it's the first class back and i hope you all had a fantastic summer break, but it's time to get back into the swing of things."

"your grades this final year are going be the most important to your future, so i suggest you pay attention to each and every lesson," he continued as he wandered over to his desk, taking a seat. "now.. you may keep the chatter low, between those closely around you, and listen out for your names."

while their teacher begun marking the attendance and many students resumed their conversations, penelope quietly sat essentially in the middle of the classroom with her hands rested in her lap and her book and pencil case on her desk, patiently waiting for the lesson to properly begin as she wasn't close with those in the classroom.

and that wasn't an exception to the boy sat in the back row of the classroom being his talkative self. everyone knew the boy — and those that didn't, they were obviously new comers. he's popular around the school, has the highest confidence level, friendly with all, and debatably the best player on both the football and baseball teams, he had really made an name for himself.

"pen- jonah!"

"yea, here," he nodded, completely ignoring the teacher's expression as he quickly went straight back into his conversation with the boy sat beside him. 

"jonah," mr palgrave repeated, his gaze still on said student as he groaned and looked back at him. "no more talking, be quiet."

"you said we could talk though, no?" he furrowed, glancing around the room while mainly everyone was now silent as they listened to the conversation.  "everyone else was just talking."

"yes, but you were talking too loudly," he explained. "can you please stand up, silent at the back of the classroom until i'm finished marking the attendance?"

"sure," he subtly rolled his eyes, standing up and folding his arms as he lent against the wall right behind where he was sat, pushing the chair back under the desk with his foot.

"penelope davis?"

"present," she slightly put her hand up while sending her teacher a small smile.

that soft tone of her's quickly gained the jock's interest, his eyes staying on the girl a few rows in front of him while mr palgrave continued through the class roster, trying to work out if he knew a faux blonde with that name.

grabbing his bag off the floor whilst the teacher was slightly watching the boy's movement, jonah walked over to the desk to the right of penelope and stood in front, rested his hands on said desk, making eye contact with the male currently sat there.

"move, i'm sitting here," jonah bluntly spoke, nod his head in the direction of his empty desk. "go sit up the back."

"am i supposed to be scared of you?" the new student, marco, raised a brow while staying with his back lent against the wall beside his desk. "jonah, was it? well i need to sit here because i'm half blind and can't see the board from back there."

"then move up the front, i don't fuckin' care where you move to, just move," he slightly raised his voice.

unsure on why he so desperately wanted that seat, penelope eyes were mainly on the brunette during the interaction, however she would occasionally glance back at her hands on the table to avoid making it known that she was watching him.

"about time," jonah muttered, bumping his shoulder into marco's as they passed by each other and letting out a scoff.

as he sat down in the chair sideways with one arm laid on the back rest and the other on the desk, penelope was quickly to turn her full attention back to the front of the classroom. and despite feeling his gaze on her, she refused to turn and look at him.

"hey!" he lent over and tapped her arm to gain her attention. "look at me.. are you new here?"

"no, i'm not new," she softly her head, her eyes fidgeting around the space as she felt her cheeks begin to heat up.

he glanced down her body before back up at her face, "are you sure? what did sir say your name was again?"

"penelope.. but uh a- my friends call me penny.."

"mh.. penny.. penny.." he thought about her name. "i once got a blowy from a penny at the strip club.. that was a fuckin' good night.. she knew how to use her mouth-"

"jonah, leave penelope alone!" mr palgrave chimed in.

"sir, it's penny," he replied.

"would you prefer to be called penny," he turned his attention to the girl.

"i don't mind," she softly shrugged. "whatever works."

"okay," he nodded. "and jonah, stop talking about a strip club, you're barely even old enough to attend one."

"you ever been to a strip club, sir?"

"that's none of your business," he shook his head as he stood up, moving to the front of the classroom. "now be quiet, please."

"i think he has," jonah whispered to the girl beside him, following with a small chuckle. "so penny, my mate, corbyn, his parents have gone away for the weekend so he's having a party on friday, i'm expecting to see you there."

"um.. i don't go to parties," she subtly shook her head, opening up her book and grabbing a pen out as she listened to her teacher starting the lesson.

"c'mon as if you're turning me down, you're so into me, you've been blushing this whole time, you think i haven't noticed?" he held a smug look as she turned away from him once again. "live a little, penny. i'll pick you up friday seven-thirty, you just gotta let me know your address."

"i'll see.."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
and let good girls begin..