063. being more respectful

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter sixty-three

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-three

third person.

the same day after apologising to ruby at lunch, last period finally rolled around and penelope sat down in her usual spot in her mathematic classroom, and marco took the one next to her. continuing their conversation from the walk there as they waited for the teacher.

"so do you think you know who's gonna make me move?" marco chuckled, switching the topic whilst watching the girl as she pulled her notebook out.

"i mean.. if he does, he's showing that he didn't listen when i asked him to leave me alone and respect my wishes.." she replied with honesty.

and although penelope was lowkey wanted him back and was missing the feeling of someone wanting to be with her, she really did know she shouldn't ever get back with him after the way she was treated.

so when jonah did finally walk in the room, her eyes went straight to him. slightly watching as he stood by the doorway while looked back at her and marco before around the room, visibly let out a sigh as he kept walking to the empty desk at the back.

"seems he's going with being respectful this week," marco softly chuckled.

"mh? what was that?" she snapped out of her daze.

"he's being more respectful."

"yeah.." penelope's words faded out as she glanced over her shoulder at the jock once again, a small smile on her face.

"it still doesn't mean he deserves you.." he reminded. "just because he's acting like this today it doesn't mean he's 'changed'."

"mh.."

"and i mean.. he still has a girlfriend right now so maybe not the best idea to get back with him when you're trying to get her on your good side.."

"i guess.."

"i promise penny, you'll find someone better," marco replied, looking away from her for a second as their teacher walked in the room then back at her. "someone who will fall so in love with you for who you are, someone who will lovingly obsessed over you. someone who'll treat you like you're the only girl in the world.."

"you really think..?" she slightly mumbled.

"yes," he quickly nodded. "because that's what you deserve. if someone really wants you, they should go above and beyond to make you feel loved."

"mh.. okay.."

the two turning to mr palgrave as he gained the class's attention. penelope opening her book right away and wanting to focus on the lesson and catch back up since she had the last week off.

despite that, she would still occasionally shift her gaze to the back of the classroom at jonah, who nine times out of ten was too looking at her.

her mind bouncing back and though between whether she wants him or wanted to listen to her friends about waiting for someone nicer to come along and treat like she see in all her favorite romance movies.

and as the lesson came to an end about a hour later, everyone begun packing up their belongings as they were dismissed. penelope saying a goodbye to marco, as he needed to catch the bus home while the girl's brother was picking her up, before going their separate ways.

"hey nel.." jonah stood up properly from leaning against the wall. she looked over at the boy, hesitating on what to do before taking a deep breath and continued walking. him quickly following her "nelly, please can we talk.. it'll be quick.."

"what about?" she turned around while keeping some distance between them as he hands went to her backpack straps and subtly fiddling with them. 

"i just wanna make sure we're okay.." he replied, receiving a shrug from her. "i mean you couldn't stop looking at me," he added with a chuckle.

"do you just assume everyone who looks at you is in love with you or something?" she frowned.

"i mean, yeah."

"mh.. i think maybe you should work out all your stuff and you let me do my own thing and if i decide i want to start seeing you again, i'll let you know," she replied as she folded. "my friends don't like you, and their opinions mean a lot to me- i don't let them decide what i do, but i do listen when they think somethings not right."

"so i've gotta win them over-"

"no. you've got to leave them alone too," she quickly responded. "like i just said, if i want to see you again, i'll let you know. now ollie's waiting for me so i need to get going."

"alright.."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
this might be the last update for
a bit as i'm away for like a month
and don't have as much time but
who knows :))