069. boost of confidence

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter sixty-nine

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-nine

third person.

as the friend group had planned, they all met at aurora's house around five-pm on the friday night to get ready for the party. enjoying a meal cooked by the girl's mother before all six headed to her bedroom.

"how'd cece let you out of the house with the stompers?" elias chuckled, nodding his head in the direction of the girl's just below knee high platform boots. "wouldn't she had questioned why you need them to hang out?"

"oh i told her rory wanted to try them with her halloween costume," penelope laughed. "so i might need to leave them here for a bit, hope that's okay.."

"that's fine," aurora nodded.

"i'm excited to see this little outfit you've got planned," layla mentioned, looking back at the younger girl in the mirror as she stopped doing her makeup for a second. "and why it needs those shoes."

"well i don't need them.." she explained; "the outfits kinda out of my comfort zone but they give me a boost of confidence so evens it out."

"and if you're going for attention, you might as well do it all, get everyone's attention," marco added.

"who's attention are you trying to get?" austin furrowed — his girlfriend yet to fill him in completely on the other's antics.

"jonah's.. or any of his friends, that would also work," she shrugged.

"oh right," he nodded.

"so the plans changed now, penny?"

"mhm," she hummed in response to aurora. "i mean i was never going to get back with him, you all would kill me if i did. so either i could mess around with him, himself, or i could get with one of his friends.. i know how much he would hate that."

"and what do you mean by mess around and get with..?"

"i don't know," penelope shrugged once again. "i'll see what happens."

"i love this new side of you," layla commented.

after the girls had finished doing their makeup, the elder girls got changed first before lastly penelope went into the girl's bathroom — the three boys just hanging out watching and waiting as they done so.

"is it too much?" penelope slightly called out as she entered back into the bedroom, fiddling with the top slightly as she didn't know what to do with her hands.

"you look so hot," layla replied, glancing the girl in a little too mini black skirt and matching slightly see through long sleeve top up and down. "so no, absolutely not too much. with the boots too? all attention's on you."