006. i'm so stupid

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter six

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter six

third person.

arriving at corbyn's house around quarter to nine — almost an hour after the time the boy had said the party was starting — the four were quick to firstly find their way to the drinks in the kitchen, each getting one before layla and elias had walked off from the other two.

and for aurora and penelope, they soon begin wandered around the house themselves as they looked amongst all the other teens for jonah. it was easy to spot his friends causing a ruckus in the living room but for the boy who asked her to attend, he was no where to be seen.

with the comment earlier from her friend about her outfit choice for the night, the younger was starting to feel uncomfortable. all while regret slowly begun to wash over her as the realisation that just maybe jonah didn't care about seeing her.

"one more circle, austin's on his way over," aurora mentioned. "maybe we should ask ollie if he's seen him?"

"i think i might just stick with you two if that's okay.." she mumbled.

"what did you say?" she stopped in place, turning towards her friend as she didn't hear her over the music.

"would it be okay if i just hang out with you and austin?" she repeated slightly louder.

"of course!" she quickly nodded. "but let's keep looking for frantzich for the time being, save you from third wheeling all night."

"mh," she softly yet awkwardly chuckled. "also can we not ask ollie, i don't want him to get involved or anything."

"alright, c'mon then, speed run of the whole house," aurora grabbed the girl's hand, starting to walk around again.

circling back to where they had entered, the two continued searching for the football caption, this time quickly heading upstairs as well. still unable to find him, they eventually made their way back through the living room.

"maybe he's just not here- oh.." aurora cut herself as her eyes landed on the boy with his lips latched onto a random girl, causing her to quickly turn around her friend. "let's go wait out the front for austin, hey."

"i'm so stupid.." penelope mumbled while glancing over her shoulder and looking at the pair for a couple seconds with a frown on her face.

"hey, no you're not," she wrapped her arm around her girl's shoulder, making a detour on their way outside. "let's get a drink and forget about him, and as you say.. the jock's silly little games."

"like of course he doesn't like me," she sighed, grabbing the bottle of vodka and filling up a portion of her cup. "i can't believe i thought he could like me.."

"don't get fix up on his bullshit," she shook her head. "let's go find austin, and we'll find a nice respectful boy for you- even if it's just for the night."