031. she's emotional and all

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter thirty-one

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter thirty-one

third person.

on the monday night, after once again not hearing much from jonah since the last time he was over, penelope was laying in bed with her most comfortable pyjamas on, snuggled in under her comforter whilst curled up in a ball watching a show off her laptop.

her phone sat beside the other device, only lighting up a couple times in the snap of over an hour, all of which being notifications from unimportant apps that she wasn't even bothered to read over properly.

hearing her phone vibrate, she then read the message as it also came through her laptop. debating for a second as she thought about multiple things before picking it up and replying to the boy, giving the jock permission to come over.

after taking a few of her posters down as she always does and then waiting a little longer for him to arrive, jonah soon did. without a message to let her know, he walked around the side of the house and let himself into the girl's bedroom, kicking his shoes off at the door.

"hey," he smiled as sat beside her on the bed, pushing her hair behind her ear and trailing his hand down to her chin, slightly lifting her head up and place a small kiss on her lips. "what are you up to?"

"i was just watching a show.." she explained with a slight mumble.

"ohh, is it movie night again?"

"do you actually wanna watch a movie?" she furrowed at him.

"i mean, yeah," he shrugged. "pick your favorite, let's watch it."

"okay.." she lent forward slightly and grabbed her laptop, placing it closer to herself.

"why are we on your computer this time?"

"oh, um.. when- i just like to get comfy in bed and watch shows at times.."

"then let's get comfy," he lifted the comforter up, slipping his legs under and shifting more to his side as he laid down. "are you gonna join me?"

"i- i don't know how this is gonna work.."

"well i'm happy for you to lay that with it in front of you and cuddle you," he replied, pointing in the same direction he was laying. "or i mean you could just put it in middle, i guess."

penelope softly hummed as she thought for a moment, hesitating slightly. "would- would you be able to see if i laid away from you?"

"i don't care," he shrugged once again.

"okay.."

she shifted a little, giving herself enough room between her and the edge of the bed to set her computer down. and while she started the movie, jonah adjusted the pillow he was laying on to see the screen a little better, then wrapping his arm around her.

"what are we watching today?"

"ten things i hate about you," she repsonded.

"ohh the one on the wall," he mentioned, slightly lifting it head up to look at the wall which the bed backed on — double checking to make sure his comment was correct.

"yeah, i love this movie."

as the next few minutes pass, the jock laid there paying barely any attention to the movie, his hand running along her side and then slowly across the waist band of her pyjama shorts. her heart picking up in pace slightly as she became more and more distracted from the movie.

"i'm on my period," she slightly blurted out as she sat up and paused the movie, causing him to pull his hand away.

"oh.."

"can you not touch me like that today, please.."

"yeah, that's fine by me," he shrugged.

"thank you," she softly smiled, grabbing the computer and moving it over to between them before laid back down facing him.

"you're so cute," he commented.

"thank you," she repeated as they then turned their attention back to the movie.

however they didn't get much further into the movie when there was a subtle knock on her bedroom door followed by the handle being tested, causing the girl to quickly hoping out of bed and slightly opening it to see who was there.

"what do you want?" she stopped her brother from entering her room.

"i wanna go out, you weren't answering your phone," ollie attempted to push the door open.

"stop."

"hiding your boyfriend huh?" he said, keeping his voice in a low tone to avoid any sound travelling upstairs to wake anyone else up. "you never lock your door."

"leave me alone," she shook her head.

"penny.."

"whatever- don't say anything, just go," she gave up, burying her head into her hands for a couple seconds as she let him in her room.

"ohh jonah's the guy huh," ollie reacted with a small chuckle, doing a quick handshake with the boy laying in his sister's bed. "hey man."

"hey, it's been a minute," jonah replied.

"yeah, don't hurt my sister, okay?"

"yeah man, of course not."

"and don't fuck around with her, i know how you guys are, she's emotional and all and i don't wanna deal with that-"

"ollie can you just leave," penelope interrupted him in annoyance.

"yeah, yeah, i'm going," he said, wandering the rest of the way over to the door and letting himself out.

"i'm sorry about him.." she apologised as she got back into bed.

"it's good. let's finish the movie."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
and she's been CAUGHT
mostly penny and jonah
being cute tho