024. someone seems guilty

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter twenty-four

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter twenty-four

third person.

sat at the kitchen island after his college classes, on his phone as he ate the meal he had just made himself, hearing the front door of the house open and the youngest davis sibling come running in, penelope quickly following his loud babbling with requests to remove his dirty shoes.

"ollie!" leonardo yelled out as he ran down the hallway, looking for his brother.

"yes?" he turned to look in his direction.

"i'm home!"

"i know you are," ollie laughed. "you're very loud. mom wouldn't be allowing this if she was home"

"hehe," he giggled. "can we play footballl?"

"you gotta do your homework first," penelope pulled the island's tall bar like chair next to their elder brother out for him, then walking over to the fridge. "eat some food then we can help you."

"i don't want do homework," the little one groaned.

"listen to your sister," ollie chuckled, holding the chair stable with his foot so the boy could climb up. "she's doing good in school cause she comes home and does her homework."

"fine."

"plus leo, mom will be very happy with you if you do it now before playing," penelope added, grabbing the sandwich out of the fridge their mother had pre made that morning as well as a juice box and taking it over to the boy.

"thank you," he said, taking them from her.

ollie soon got up, taking his plate over to the sink and rinsing it off before putting it in the dishwasher. furrowing as he finally picking up on the top his sister had on as she went to walk out of the kitchen in the direction of her bedroom.

"penny, get back here right now," he slightly raised his voice.

"what?" she looked at him confused once she came back through the hallway to where she could see him.

"who's jersey is that?" he tilted his head. "i know it's not mine because i didn't play baseball last year.."

"it's not important," she shook her head, then adjusting her hair to make sure it was still covering the name on the back.

"uh yes it is.."

"leave me alone," she called back out at him as she walked to her room.

"penelope?!"

locking her bedroom behind her, she got changed out of jonah's baseball jersey into one of her tshirts, and temporarily shoving his top under her pillow incase her brother comes in and get's nosey as he's done before — particularly late at night when he's wanting to sneak out and decides to tease her since she can't get their parents to stop him.

she put her phone on to charge and then went back out to the kitchen to grab herself some food and to actually help her younger brother like she promised. her brother knowingly watch her movements from the pantry to the fridge.

"so?" he raised a brow as he turned around so his back was now rested against the counter top, folding his arms while talking to the girl beside him. "someone seems guilty.. went to hide the evidence huh? who you fucking?"

"no one."

"who is it?" he continued to pressure her. "why are so scared to tell me? is it someone i know?"

"the jersey's elias' brother's," she mumbled her lie.

"hmm i don't think so.." he shook his head. "i'm telling you now that was one of the new junior designs which they only started doing last year so whoever it belongs to is clearly a senior this year and unless elias is a twin, it's not his brothers. you swifties may be detectives or whatever but i can also be detective in the big brother-verse."

"you're so annoying."

"i'm just trying to protect you from the boys on all the sports teams," ollie defended, being a little more sincere than pestering. "i was one of them, i know most them do not treat girls well.. so who's is it?"

"ollie, stop caring so much. it's not important who it belongs to because it doesn't mean anything," she inaudible sighed, as much as she didn't want to believe what she said herself, she knew deep down that it just might be true. "he saw that i wasn't dressed up and asked if i wanted to borrow his jersey, that's all.."

"and he just happened to have his baseball jersey, a end of year sport, during the football season?" he rhetorically asked, nodding to himself. "right. be careful penny, cause that sounds like a set up to me.."

"whatever."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
brother's about to crack
the code