012. his true intentions

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter twelve

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter twelve

third person.

having a study period the following day with her best friend, penelope and aurora were sat in the library during second period as they somewhat studied whilst talking, and younger filling the other in on her previous night's events with jonah.

"you seem happy," aurora smiled after hearing the girl's story of how her first kiss — or two — went.

"i just don't want to be hurt by him.." she softly sighed as she wrote some more of her paper.

"that's a risk with being with anything, unfortunately" she shrugged. "you can never know his true intentions.."

"i guess.."

"if you like him, go for it," the elder replied. "the worst that can happen in any relationship is that you get hurt.. and if that does happen, you know our friends will always be here for you and help you through anything."

"are you seeing him again tonight?" aurora added, after not receiving a response to her previous comment.

"probably not.." she slightly mumbled. "i don't want ollie finding out cause he'll make it a big deal and won't shut up about it, so i just have to work around when he's sneaking out and i don't know his plans for tonight."

"you know what we should do," she slightly gasped. "this friday.. all of our group, austin, jonah, maybe his friends, i don't know.. but let's just all hang out at the beach."

"no thanks," penelope shook her head.

"girl, come onnn," she slightly dragged her words out. "you're never gonna get out of your shell more if you don't put yourself out there."

"your only asking to do it cause you wanna hang out with austin," she slightly raised a brow.

"okay, maybe i do," aurora admitted. "but i also think you should hang out with jonah more, see where things go. i'm rooting for the love story. your lover era if you will."

"love story's on fearless.." she chuckled.

"i know but there's also breakup songs on there," she shrugged. "i'm hoping for forever love, not for you two break up."

"you have too much faith in him," penelope softly shook her head.

"and you need to have more faith in him if you want things to work.."

"i do have some faith in him," she argued, still keeping her voice at an appropriate level for the setting they were in. "but i also don't want to be delusional and believe that he's this perfect lover boy, when he's hurt other girls in the past."

"hang out with him some more, with friends, alone, whatever you want to do," she more so told her. "as you keep saying you're going to, see where things go."

"okay, okay.." her eyes fell back down to her book once again, glancing up at her computer again to copy her work and then at her friend. "now please let me writing this."

"okay, go, do it," aurora held her hands up in defence. "i won't distract you anymore. i'll just be here scrolling on my phone."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
defs probably the shortest
chapter in this book so far
but i needed to update lol