048. you're safe with me

G O O D G I R L S,
chapter forty-eight

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter forty-eight

third person.

"i have something for you inside," jonah glanced over at the girl, sending her a smile as he pulled into his family's home's garage — parking in there so he couldn't get called out for his lies if anyone were to drive past.

"do you?" she slightly furrowed as she looked over at him, receiving a small nod. "you can be really sweet sometime.."

"well," he subtly shrugged as he turned off the car and opened the driver's door. "i like you nelly, i wanna show you that."

"mmh.." penelope softly hummed as she was unsure on how to respond, a smile on her face as she copied his actions and also got out of the car.

jonah was quick to grab her overnight bag off of her and her hand with his other as they went into the house, not explaining where anything was cause he didn't think it was necessary, leading her straight through and up to his bedroom.

"close your eyes," he instructed in a whisper, placing her bag down by his door and moving her to in front of himself while he wrapped one arm around her body and one hand over her eyes as she brought her hands up to his, trying to pull it away. "i won't lead you into anything," he chuckled. "you're safe with me, nel."

".. okay," she hesitantly agreed with a small nod, holding his hand as she loosely folded her arms over her stomach.

"now.. i can't take all the credit for this.." he admitted as he quickly took his hand off her for a second and opened the door. "your brother gave me some pointers, but i didn't in fact do all the work."

"ollie told me that you were messaging him.."

"oh so you know?" he stopped in the spot, furrowed despite the fact he still had had hand over her eyes.

"m-hm," she hummed in disagreement as she softly shook her head. "he said that he replied saying that you should ask me about what i like."

"oh, okay," he let out a small inaudible sigh of relief, moving her to in front of his bed. "and open.."

penelope blinked a couple times while she adjusted her eyes to the new lighting, a smile instantly appearing on her lips as she looked over the bouquet of her favorite flowers, a container of cookies, a card and a little frame with a picture of them.

"what's all this for?" she slightly tilted her head as she looked over her shoulder at him.

"we're been together for a little more than a month," he shrugged. "or something like that, and i know you like all the little romantic things."

"thank you.." she replied, wandering over to the bed and picking up the card.

"you can read that later," he interrupted her while stepping over towards her more, picking up the container and opening it for her. "i made these myself, they're- i forget, something to do with taylor swift."

"chai sugar cookies?" she quickly replied as she held the card down while she received a nod.

"ollie said you like making them so i hope mine meets your expectations," he explained as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"last time i made them they didn't turn out very well, i messed it up, so the bar's set pretty low at the moment," she quietly giggled.

"i tried one earlier and thought it was pretty good," he commented, letting her take one from the container and also grabbing one himself. "i made the boy's try some them too, got a mixed result, jack assumed it was a weed cookie cause he's fuckin' stupid."

"i think it taste good," she smiled, holding the cookie over her hand so she wouldn't get any crumbs on his sheets. "i appreciate that you made these.. and got me everything."

"this container's for you by the way, i kept some for me downstairs, i'll replace the one i ate," he mentioned, closing it again and grabbing the frame; "don't we look cute?"

"mhm," she hummed swallowing the last of the cookie before fiddling with the card while looking at him.

"i'm gonna sit all these over here," he said as he stood up, grabbing the flowers as well.

"the flowers should be put in some water.."

"oh okay," he nodded, placing the stuff down on his desk. "i'll go grab some- what should i put it in?"

"um.. if you don't have a vase, a like tall glass or a reusable water bottle, and only like a couple inches of water in it."

"alright.. do you want anything? food, drink?"

"um.. a water's fine, thanks."

"i'll be back."

while he left the room, she turned her attention to the card and pulled it out from the envelope that she had already opened before. seeing the pre-printed writing crossed out and reading over the small note;

' happy one month (or so).
i'm bad at talking about these sorta
things so i want you to know that i like
you regardless of my dickhead friends
and their stupid bets. i would've hung
out with you after that first math lesson
even if they didn't know or said they'd
pay us for silly things. i actually do like
being around you. you're different to the
other girls i've been with, in a good way.
it's relaxing. thanks for letting me into
your life '

a smile was left on her face as stared at it for a little longer and then slipped it back into the envelope, getting up and setting it over with the other gifts as jonah entered the room again, moving her bag in from outside the door.

"here you go," he handed her a bottle of water and then sat the other glass on the desk.

"thank you," she replied, taking a sip while he placed the bouquet into the glass.

"have i told you that you look good today?" he turned his attention to her.

"mhm.. in the car," her eyes softly flickered around his face as placed the bottle down on the desk and he wrapped his arms around her lower back, pulling her in closer to himself. "can i kiss you?"

"you never have to ask me that," he happily lent in and connected their lips. one of his hands trailed up to the back of her head while continuing to moved them in sync for a few more seconds, before carefully leading her over to the bed. "do you wanna go further tonight?"

"mhm," penelope softly nodded as she looked into his eyes.

"are you sure?" he whispered, watching her eyes flicker around his face as she didn't respond. "nelly?"

"yes," she quickly nodded, snapped out of the daze. "i'm positive, i'm ready.."

"if you ever want to stop, just say so.."

"okay.."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
the messily worded note and
the gifts were necessary to how
this night played out and contributed
to her decision making👍