Induced

Charlie:

It's been three weeks since Nick's schedule first changed and it's been amazing. I get to see him a lot more overall, but my favorite days are when he goes in later and can stay in bed with me all morning, like today!!!
"5 days!!" Nick says, as soon as he notices that I'm awake. He's been doing this for a while where he notifies me how many days we have left until our baby's original due date. He gets so excited about it that I sometimes have to remind him that she can still come earlier and even later. If anything, I want her to come now, because if she waits until after the 20th, Nick will already be in Paris with his team.
"I wish it was now...well like in a hospital, not here now!!" I giggle, careful of what I manifest for us. "If she doesn't come before next Thursday, I'm not leaving!! We don't even have our first match until that Sunday!!" Nick groans. I know that he's been stressing about this ever since we found out our due date, but I also knew the reality "I'm almost positive that she won't, but if she does come after, everyone plans to stay here anyways, so I'll be ok and then we'll be on the first flight to Paris" "if that does happen, you can't let anyone else hold her until I do!!" Nick says very seriously as I giggle "I won't let anyone else hold her, but they'll all hate us both" I say, only to receive a nonchalant shrug that makes me laugh more!!
We've just been lying here, talking about our daughter who's not even here yet, but fully occupies our minds anyways!! "Maybe we should've named her Paris, since it'll be her first trip!!" "Absolutely not" I immediately shut down before I continue "and we're not naming all of our kids after places. It's a one time thing because "Rome" is actually cute" "damn, I was gonna suggest Florence next, or Venice, Milan, Naples, Luc-" I place my hand over nicks mouth cutting him off before he goes on to name every city in Italy "let's not" I say, pulling my hand away "it's fine, it'll grow on you" he says pulling me in "doubt it" I say, kissing him now that I can reach. I tried to pull away, but Nick just pulls me in closer, making be smile! When he pulls way, he rubs my cheek "remember when you told me that a certain activity induces labor?!?" He asks and I almost immediately catch on "do you actually want me, or are you using my words against me!?!" I ask, actually curious. He doesn't answer me, but grabs my hand, bringing it over to his crotch "you tell me!!" He says and all I can do is smile as he pulls me back in!!

"You ok?!?" Nick ask me as I cling to his side "amazing!!" I breathe out "do you feel...induced?!?" "I knew you were just using me," I sigh " never in a million years!!" He says holding me a bit tighter.
We stayed in bed, sharing kisses and dozing off until Nick suggests a shower and breakfast. "Should we go out or should I make you something" I don't answer right away, trying to fight the cramp that I'm having "what's happening?!?" "Cramp!!" I say with my face scrunched up. "Switch sides" he says scooting closer to spoon me. His body heat calms me down a bit as we sit in silence until the pains are gone.
"You woke her up!!" I say, turning back around to face Nick "nah I think it was you, a bit loud don't you think?!?" "Either way...your fault" "there's absolutely zero shame in my game!!" He says with a smile as I roll onto my back "I really hope Paris has good sushi somewhere!!!" I say very randomly but it's on my mind. Nick finds his way over to me again, tracing my stomach with his finger "is that really what you're thinking about right now, as we're laying in bed naked" "it's been nine months...I'd make out with sushi right now if I could" I say, sorta kinda joking "wow...never thought I'd be in competition with fish" Nick scoffs "you don't even wanna know the things I'd do for a shrimp tempura roll" "trying my hardest not to be jealous of a food right now!!" Nick says but I'm really just zoned out, thinking about everything I can eat when this baby is out.

Eventually, Nick and I get up to take a shower together before we go downstairs to eat breakfast. Nick made us pancakes and fruit then sat around with me until I drove him to the facility. He had to be there at 12, but the scrimmage didn't start until 12:40, but I went in anyways since it was already getting pretty packed. It's the teams last match before Paris so this is their "send-off" ceremony with fans before they leave next week. A lot of the boy's family and friends come, but since we're so lucky, our friends, Tori's family, Ollie, and nick's mum are going to a few matches in Paris instead of this scrimmage. I'm not sure if they're coming for me and Rome...or Nick, but either way it just makes it all more exciting!!

Once I got in the stadium, I was gonna do my usual stop by the pitch to see Nick before the match starts, but everyone else's partners were down there, making it quite busy, so I just decided to go up to my usual seat, settling for a wave and smile.